Big first day at UA practices

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - Sunday was the first day of practices at the Under Armour All-America Game, and 247Sports had wall-to-wall coverage as some of the nation's best high school football players took the field for drills.

Leonard Fournette breaks down his recruitment.

In case you weren't able to read the dozens of articles we posted throughout the day, here is some of the news you missed in capsule form with links to the full stories.

Leonard Fournette breaks things down

Five-star running back Leonard Fournette - the nation’s No. 2 overall prospect - is down to LSU, Alabama and Texas and will announce it publicly during Thursday’s game. “I’m going to wait until my parents come down on Tuesday and talk to them about it,” Fournette said. “What school I’m going to decide to. I don’t know yet.” Full story

Humphrey talks top two

The nation’s top-ranked cornerback, Marlon Humphrey, released his official visit plans and has an eye on four trips in the coming month. "My first one is Florida State (Jan. 17), then I’m leaving that Sunday to UCLA, I think. The next weekend is Bama (Jan. 24) and then I’m leaving that Sunday for Mississippi State," Humphrey told 247Sports. Full story

Is five-star Cook ready to flip?

Five-star running back Dalvin Cook is committed to Florida, but all eyes will be on him during the Under Armour All-America Game on Thursday when he plans to announce his final college destination. Despite being committed to the Gators, Cook’s Crystal Ball has 43 predictions with 88% of those expecting a flip from Florida to Florida State. The other 12% belongs to Miami. Full story

Noil’s decision is made

Speedy Noil says his decision is made.

Five-star wide receiver Speedy Noil said his college decision has been made, and the New Orleans standout has officially narrowed his focus to just two programs. "There won't be any hats on the table," Noil said. "I will be doing the gloves, and the two teams are LSU and Texas A&M," Noil told 247Sports LSU site Geaux247. Full story

Florida WR commit to visit FSU

Homestead (Fla.) five-star wide receiver Ermon Lane, a current Florida commit, plans to visit Florida State at the end of next month. The Homestead (Fla.) product will not take a standardized test needed to make an official visit until he takes the SAT on Jan. 25. That will leave one weekend before National Signing Day for the 6-foot-3, 190-pound Lane to use his first official visit. Full story

Adams ready to inform schools

Four-star safety Jamal Adams will make his college commitment at the Under Armour All-America Game on Thursday night, and when he does, he says it will be final. The talented safety already has his mind made up, though he hasn't yet let his three finalists -- Florida, LSU and Ole Miss -- know where he's going. Florida was thought to lead for a long time, but LSU has made up major ground of late and appears to be in good shape to land Adams. Full story

Top performers from Day One
Team Nitro and Team Highlight hit the field at Disney’s ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex for the first day of practice. With 90 of the best prospects in the country on the field at one time, there was no shortage of top talent on display. Here are 11 players that caught the eye of 247Sports recruiting analysts. Full story

Bates eager to see where he stands

Dillon Bates announced his commitment to Tennessee almost six months ago, but he’s still a few months away from beginning his college career with the Vols. The Top247 senior linebacker from Ponte Vedra (Fla.) High School said it “felt good” to put on pads for the first time since his senior season ended in early November. Full story

Skip To Comments

Already have an account? Sign In