In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1967
Online now 2283 Record: 18710 (2/25/2012)
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
It is almost that time of year again.
Here is how the pool works for those that have not participated before:
1) Teams must be undefeated to be selected and playing a FBS team in the week in which you select them.
2) You can only pick a team one time during the year.
3) Picks must be in by 10am EST on Saturday each week, or before the gametime if the team you pick is playing during the week.
4) If the team you have picked loses or is not playing a FBS team, you are eliminated.
5) There will be a tiebreaker at the end of the pool if more than one person makes it to the end. This has happened in the 2 other pools, so expect it to happen again. Posters will probably run out of teams to pick before the end of the season.....so if a team you think could be undefeated longer into the season, try to wait to pick them until later.
6) Each week, just enter the name of the team that you want to pick in the thread. If you change your pick, please reply to that post and make the change later in the thread instead of just editing the actual post. Just editing the post makes it hard to find your change.
7) It is fun for everyone else if you list all of your picks that you have made in the post that you make your pick each week. Example:
week 1: aTm
week 2: South Carolina
week 3: Indiana
week 4: Oregon
This helps others see all of your picks each week. I keep a master list on an excel spread sheet that keeps track of all of your picks to make sure that there are no repeats.
8) Each week, I will post a list of those still alive and those that were just eliminated the previous week, along with a list of all the teams still undefeated. Just because a team is listed as undefeated doesn't mean that they are playing a FBS team or that they don't have a BYE week.
Feel free to go ahead and start making your picks whenever you are ready. I am sure someone with the staff will come up with some prizes as they have the other years as well.
NOTE: Shout out to Einstein who started the 1st suicide pool, but got his panties in a wad and turned it over to me after week 1 in 2011.
***WINNER WILL RECEIVE 6 months free from 247 sports***
This post was edited by BetterOff 8 months ago
Goddamn Larry Coker and UTSA got me eliminated last year. I'll be sure not to make the same mistake twice.
Do you make all your picks now predicting who will be undefeated or 1 pick a week out of the remaining undefeated teams?
If remember correctly, I did really well the first year and last year was blah.
Week 1 - Stefon Diggs (aka Maryland)
Week by week.
Picks are made weekly. Everyone has a couple of weeks to do some research and make their first pick.
The 2nd pick wouldn't come until week 2 from all the remaining undefeated teams that you have not already chosen.
That was quick.
Same here, although that Auburn/Utah St game in 2011 about got half of the pool in week 1, including myself.
Pretty sure I got eliminated last year on a fluke play, lets not let that happen again.
This post was edited by callen05 8 months ago
Time and change will surely (truly) show
How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!
Three W's In My Life: Ward, Weinke, and Winston
I looked it up and I made it to the tiebreaker in the first year. I think star69 won, because I feel I would have remembered winning.
Freaking Arkansas last year
This post was edited by PSUfan28 8 months ago
Week 1- Miami(FL)
Towards the end of the year if you're still in it but have already picked every team who is undefeated are you out?
Good pick. That was my original pick, but i was just too scared to pick Miami (and then I picked Maryland..)
star69 did win year 1.
If others are left with teams to pick, then yes.
"Isn't it amazing what somebody will do when he can't bunt." - Vin Scully
Figured I'd get them out of the way since they won't be on the board very long, could've gone ND with that logic too but I'm trying to be optimistic. I almost went UCF but wasn't comfortable.
Will this thread be pinned BO?
University of Oklahoma: B.S. Aerospace Engineering '10, M.S. Mechanical Engineering '12
Week 1 : South Carolina
This post was edited by BBucksorBeGone8 8 months ago
week 1: Texas A&M
I have no pinning powers.
I'll keep it bumped up from time to time though until the season starts.
week 1 : Michigan St.
Urban 2 Hoke 0
What if no more undefeated teams are left? I guess I won't pick Louisville till last
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports