In partnership with CBSSports.com
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
* In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. This doesn't include the 30 million 'Uncle Joe' starved to death in the Ukraine.
* In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
* Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, leaving a populace unable to defend itself against the Gestapo and SS. Hundreds of thousands died as a result.
* China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
* Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
* Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. The total dead are said to be 2-3 million
* Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, 1-2 million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
* Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million at a bare minimum.
* Gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results:
Australia-wide, homicides went up 3.2 percent
Australia-wide, assaults went up 8.6 percent
Australia-wide, armed robberies went up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)
In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns.
It will never happen here? I bet the Aussies said that too.
While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady DECREASE in armed robbery with firearms, that changed drastically upward in the first year after gun confiscation...since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.
There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.
You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.
Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late.
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind him of this history lesson.
With Guns...........We Are "Citizens".
Without Them........We Are "Subjects".
During W.W.II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED.
Note: Admiral Yamamoto who crafted the attack on Pearl Harbor had attended Harvard University 1919-1921 & was Naval Attaché to the U. S. 1925-28. Most of our Navy was destroyed at Pearl Harbor and our Army had been deprived of funding and was ill prepared to defend the country.
It was reported that when asked why Japan did not follow up the Pearl Harbor attack with an invasion of the U. S. Mainland, his reply was that he had lived in the U. S. and knew that almost all households had guns.
I wrote a paper on this subject, used many of the figures you listed.
In the end, the "it won't happen to us" crowd refuse to believe that is possible in today's society.
And they all probably liberal hippies
More than likely.
Gun control has proved successful in every developed country, whether new laws in the last 30 years or laws that were introduced a long time ago.
Every single one. Japan has the tightest gun control in the world, Japan has the least amount of gun violence in the world.
Wrong, but let's listen to the 15 year old
What's the right ones??
It's a basic fact that stands up to your gun propaganda.
In before "article is outdated and ill pro e it with these few examples that completely disprove whatever you say."
University of Alabama: The high mark of college football since 1892
What's a fact
Why?? I'm spewing shit like every liberal on here. Hey let's get rid of every gun in America and it will be safe. Facts on this?? Any country as big as ours ever done this?? Any country with as many different ethnic backgrounds done this?? How much money will this cost?? Who will pay for this?? How do we stop people from sneaking in guns?? How do we stop someone killing people with a gun without guns?? How do we protect ourselves from another country or another person?? How is this constitutional?? Your fvcking stupid and so is every person who believes we should get rid of guns. Be realistic for once in your life and maybe this country wouldn't be going down the shitter like it is now.
Why ban any guns?? Isn't America about freedom??
Your just flat wrong. And dumb.
Oath Before Orders
So guns ruin this country?? Interesting, I figured it was the liberals
You people honestly think if people want to kill they will follow a damn law anyway? And do you honestly think they couldn't find a damn gun? Pull your head out of your ass.
Reminds me of...
Moultrie GA Wal-Mart Black Friday 2012 Oh yeah, its LOUD.
Organised chaos as mature adults and gaming kids try to keep a resemblance of decorum while running for a bargain.
Xbox consoles for $100 and ps3 for $130 seems to be the pickings.
I picked up these - http://i44.tinypic.com/30jkx2f.jpg for $100 total.
Unedited, so excuse the raw footage.
The Japan part wasn't wrong. They have the lowest gun homicide rate in the world at .02% vs. the US at 3.7%. So that part was correct. And he was correct that Japan is pretty much the toughest place to get a gun.
So at best he was only half wrong.
You're arguing against yourself. Only the Glen Beck's of the far left are asking for gun bans, I'm sorry. 0001% of the population pisses you off to this extent but life is alot shittier than those 17 people. I guess I'm a 'liberal hippy' but I own and love guns, I just can't defend unrestricted assault weapons with 100 round drums on them. If that's for "protecting your home" then you've got much bigger problems for a small army to be invading your home.
Yes you can
If I want a gun that does that, then I should have that right. Why should you tell me what kind of guns I can and can't have??
Haha you know I would go there. Bomb no, fire yes
No, you cannot legally yell fire in a movie theater unless there is actually a fire, at least according to the Supreme Court.
This post was edited by shavisimo2 19 months ago
And if I wanna pull my dick out on the subway and play it like a mini air violin I should have the right, right?
If we should just have all the freedoms, why can't gays get married in every state and why can't I buy pot legally in Alabama?
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports