In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1925
Online now 2507 Record: 18710 (2/25/2012)
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Small ones, unless AJ goes down.
1) geno smith or Fulton or ____ has to step in as another corner. Geno played well at the end of the year.
2) depth at nose guard, playmaker along the defensive front would be nice (in our 3/4 scheme the d line usually keep the lb's clean)
3) back up tackle if a starter goes down.
Barring injuries that's all I got.
What say you.
You nailed it.
- We need two NG's that can play at a high level. I'm not sure we have one at this point.
- We have no depth at LT. If Cyrus goes sown we are in trouble over there.
- I think Geno will be fine by the end of the year. But he will make a few mistakes early. I just hope they are not in the A&M games.
- I'd also say that we need a great run blocking TE. Vogler is capable, but not proven yet.
LB, LB, LB, LB, LB.
None of them have any experience. If they can play well our Defense will be very good again.
2nd place- need some of these WRs to step up.
If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
QB - Winston is talented but hes never taken a snap in a real game
OL Depth - 1 injury to a tackle and we're in trouble. 2 injuries and we are completely screwed
Defensive scheme - completely different scheme and we dont know how its gonna look
FSU Ambassador to the masses
Dive for the thrill, shoot for the kill.
What are your RBs looking like? Jay Graham is the chit.
What D scheme did you go to?
We have a two-headed attack w/ James Wilder Jr. and DFree with guys like Pender and Green coming in for that home-run ability.
As for our Defense Pruitt is giving us a multiple 4-3/3-4 look while transitioning to a full-time 3-4 look(we think based off how we are loading up on 'backers)
Brian Kelly allowing Tommy Rees to throw 20-25 biscuits a game.
Wilder and Freeman have plenty of experience and im not worried about them. we lack the explosion and speed that Chris Thompson gave us but we just added Ryan Green who is a home run hitter as well as Mario Pender who redshirted last year. im more worried that we lost Lonnie Pryor who played fullback and really was good at springing long runs
Pruitt's defense is still gonna be a 4-3 right now but we are going to more of an attack style instead of playing the zone scheme that Mark Stoops ran. Pruitt apparently has a ton of looks and its pretty complex. im just worried about the players adjusting to the new formations and looks more than anything. its not like we dont have talented guys out there, its just new to everyone
Michigan State: everything on the offensive side of the ball.
For OSU it's all about the play of the front 7. Shazier is a stud and Dolphus and Noah are super talented, but the rest are all question marks. Biggest concern within the front 7 is can the d tackles stop the run.
Safety and nose tackle.
Our entire offense returns.
Is it wrong that I'm debating starting an "MSU OL Injury Pool"? I mean, we both know it's going to happen at some point, it's only a question of who gets boned this year.
I hear that Dantonio is just gonna start euthanizing OLs who go down. Looks like Burkland may be the first to go live on a farm up north.
Hey, it'll free up some schollies. If Saban was still coaching at MSU he'd actually be using all those medical hardship scholarships legitimately.
Will the secondary be getting any better? They were atrocious last year outside of Roby.
Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS
Still a major issue.
Lack of experienced/healthy talent at offensive skill positions another issue.
Interior offensive line. All new starters, but can't really be worse than last year.
Can the DL pick up the pass rush to replace the loss of Jake Ryan for a while?
"Isn't it amazing what somebody will do when he can't bunt." - Vin Scully
I sure hope so. Christian Bryant needs to be sure to wrap up and secure the tackle instead of always going for the knockout hit.
CJ Barnett needs to be more consistent and stop being out if position so often and were starting a new CB opposite or Roby and I expect him to see plenty of action so we will see early and often if he has what it takes.
Our Front 7, stopping the run, rushing the passing.....the little things
Depth at the defensive line
1) Can we get someone, maybe a few guys, to step in the front 8? We have some serious questions at defensive line and linebacker. We badly need a playmaker or a few guys to break out as legit starters this year.
2) Can Taylor Martinez continue to improve as a passer while also limiting on turnovers? T-Magic/T-Tragic is one of the more flawed passers in college football. But he made huge strides last year. He can make the same amount of improvement he did a year ago, he should able to really utilizing a very talented skill core the team possesses at WR,TE and RB. Martinez also needs to cut down on fumbles, where I am positive he has lead all players over the past 3 seasons.
A boy, a Twitter page, and the aspiration that you follow him. It's what this country was founded upon.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports