In partnership with CBSSports.com
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
oh, i mean, hell, i believe you, mang...
just not sure about the finality of that study your pals did
www.yohoodent.com ... errybawdee awn ignorle
1. The mayor can't stop free enterprise even if he wanted to. Could he make it very difficult for CFA with zoning and other indirect obstacles? Of course, and politicians do.
2. Mayor Menino is most famous for bringing the 2004 Dem National Convention to Boston. Coincidence that he is making a public statement against CFA now? You betcha.
3. In 2001, Menino worked over building and zoning to stop a drugstore chain from opening near a drugstore owned by one of his friends. Of course, the chain drugstore was blocked, so he has precedence with such "favortism zoning."
4. Winshape is a private organization. They have the right to limit whomever they wish to attend their functions. Somehow, people miss this.
5. CFA doesn't ask for hetero or homosexual IDs before they serve you. If you want their food, as most of us do, you can enjoy their food and great service. If you don't want it, go somewhere else or move to Boston.
6. As I have stated in numerous threads, intolerance runs both ways. For those who say CFA is wrong for not supporting gay marriage, then how can you say a city trying to block a company for it's views is good or meritous? One is just as wrong as the other. If we continue to allow such things, we are defaming our own Constitution and Bill of Rights. Each individual has his or her rights to believe what they want to believe. These public displays of personal belief just further muddy the PC water.
7. I am sure there are people in the city of Boston who want CFA just as much as this mayor wants to stop CFA. Again, the mayor can't stop free enterprise.
For real. They could call them Nazi sandwiches of homophobe nuggets and I'd still eat there once a month like always.
This post was edited by Shankopotamus39 2 years ago
Chik fil a says they don't support gay marriage and they're labeled as bigots.
Gays and the media attack them for their viewpoints and somehow that's alright.
All this firestorm by the gays is just giving chik fil a free publicity.
I never said the issue can't be politically used. I said it wasn't political to the Cathy family. What do they have to gain politically by public ally stating their position which has been public for years now? The mayor of Boston is trying to use it politically but I doubt you will see the Cathy family respond to it. Everything I stated is fact and for you to read if you wish. And, I really enjoyed my CFA. Their food is awesome.
Anybody miss the irony of the mayor saying Boston is a leading city for inclusion therefore we're going to exclude you.
The 'tolerance' movement has two absolute maxims. #1 I have a right to say and believe anything I want. #2 Shut up.
i have not said anything to the contrary of what you have posted.
i am merely stating the facts
yes, they are within their rights to say whatever they like
yes, they can make any and all value judgements they like
but, it is silly for them to do so, to come out and proclaim it, and to do it publicly, as it serves no real purpose to them, and is not a wise business decision
just a question, cause i haven't followed this closely because to me it's all bs, but wasn't he asked the question in an interview, not that they just come out and said it voluntarily.
Could not agree more. Throw in milkshaKKKes and I'm still in for some Chick filets.
Happy days are here again!!!!
Boston is known as a racist town. Them irish dont care for colored folks
Not guilty y'all got to feel me
True. They also have the right to open a business whether the Mayor likes it, or not. Could someone give me a ruling? Can the Mayor of a city refuse a business liscense on the grounds of religious beliefs?
I personally know a grandson of the owner and can verify this statement.
They will probably stay the course and I hope they do. That is something I have admired about them actually, sticking to their beliefs. Of course they have to deal with the backlash but I still admire them for it.
you didn't read it all, did you?
No that's just opening yourself to a lawsuit by the ACLU or someone. They will try to raise zoning problems.
Disagree with the CFA statements and contribution policies, but agree with this post. I think it is illegal for the Mayor to try and stop the exercise of free enterprise. CFA has the right to open up as any other fast food chain can. I personally won't be eating at any of their restaraunts, but I wouldn't try to keep them from opening.
Damn, all this talk makes me hungry. Think I'll go to Chick-Fil-A and get me some chicken bisquits.
Get FAST CASH For Lawsuits, Settlements, Pensions, Business Invoices. Ask me how!
Sure. Tolerant mayor showing intolerance.
All this is are politicians like flies to poop. So a restaraunt owner said he believes marriage should be between man and woman. He didnt say anything that controversial. He didn't follow up with "....and gays can stay OUT of Chick fil a" or anything.
These mayors are just desperate for votes.
so if you found out that Ohio St. did not hire gheys or something like that, you would just stop being a Ohio St. fan?
3 time POTW, member since 2006, MLWTI: 4-3
Probably about to go and get me some good ole Chick-fil-a!
University of Alabama: The high mark of college football since 1892
they will continue to get my support
Why because it is up North? look at it's history, the race riots, the last Major League team to integrate
yep, I could use a 12-count right now after reading all this
"No because they are bigots, and because I disagree with them on that political/religious matter, I do not like them at all and will disassociate myself from them entirely. Although my stance is the definition of what a bigot is, I called them a bigot first so I can't be a bigot."
typical response IMO (not necessarily from Omega but from many)
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports