In partnership with CBSSports.com
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
The place for discussion on the NFL
The place for discussion on college baseball
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
I am in high school and I was being sarcastic. I've worked my ass off the last 4 years to get in the position I'm in.
Don't bother responding to Status. It's better for everyone if he's just ignored.
I like how he thinks he and his fellow staunch conservatives are the only ones who work in the world, it's actually kind of entertaining.
What makes this any different than patrolmen walking a beat or driving around patrolling or a police helicopter doing the same thing?
I assume both of these have to do with much, much cheaper operating and wage costs overseas?
It's probably a cheaper option, but since it's unmanned, it can only be bad.
The prices of those goods would also be much higher if they were operating in the US.
This has been happening for a while, part of the manufacturing/preserving techniques used by big name food companies. I don't agree with it, but it wasn't done for some nefarious purpose. It saves them money.
I do hope more local produce/meats/etc. can become more and more available and affordable. I'd much rather buy fresh and local.
the mexicans work too
Without discussing whether it's good or bad for it to be this way, this is what totally uninhibited capitalism gets you. I thought that was generally understood.
Only the republican Mexicans work. The democratic ones deal drugs and kill people because that's what liberals and democrats do.
They aren't really classified as either... just mexican
Just so BLF doesn't have to do the entire list himself:
40. Economy crashes, people go where the money is - with no jobs available, gangs are a way to make money for low-level members and young people getting squeezed out of the job market.
41. 50% divorce rate + abstinence-only education. As for prospering - who knows? We certainly aren't prospering now, but it's impossible to tell how much (if any) of that has to do with family stability.
42. Monsanto has very, very good lobbyists and they contribute a TON of money to politicians.
43. All of the wealth gains are being taken by the top 10% (and, realistically, most of that is taken by the top 2%). While the economy as a whole is improving, only a small percentage of the population is reaping the benefits.
44. Lack of social support. Constant defunding of "entitlement" programs and social support missions result in a complete lack of resources for getting children off the streets.
45. See answers to 43 and 44. Couple that with the decline of the American auto industry and a corrupt city government, you get modern Detroit.
46. Who knows? And yes - when things get so bad that people don't have food, things can get ugly.
47. Cities are constantly trying to come up with ways to reduce the homeless population without actually spending any money to help anyone or offer any sort of support programs. This is just the latest one - it's like the wave of bans about sleeping on park benches, putting spikes under overpasses, etc.
48. It's not. Take your tinfoil hat off.
49. Combination of GMO companies squeezing small farmers out of the market, rising food prices, and agricultural subsidies.
50. Constant mergers coupled with the rise of the "too big to fail" and "too big to prosecute" mentality. By controlling massive amounts of the world economy, companies insulate themselves from prosecution - any bad news for the company becomes bad news for the world. These companies essentially hold the general population hostage.
Haha I was hoping to get the last 10 in before you had to, oh well.
HEY!? WTF BAMA.....I have not gotten any gold. I haven't even given you my opinion on any of these yet don't be so quick to judge me f%^&er
Speaking of conspiracies... This is totally made up, right? ... right?
Answer to 80% of the questions:
Conspiracies theories about doomsday scenarios are propagated by smart people to con insecure people. At present, there are a lot of rich, old, white people that fear Obama and socialism and these bullshit ideas are thrown out there to scare people into buying things they don't need to prepare for an apocalypse that isn't coming.
In all likelihood 2020 will be a better place to live than 2013. 2040 will be better than 2020. That's the way the Earth has operated for its entire history with a few exceptions
Not if you give the American companies higher tax breaks and increase the taxes on companies sending jobs elsewhere. More jobs in America, taxes from them, less people on gov. Support, save money from that, more Americans with money and jobs, so more items being sold in stores, sales tax, more people in stores,so more jobs there, so it would pretty much build on itself
I need links to all those answers, thanks
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports