In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1833
Online now 1570 Record: 18710 (2/25/2012)
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
from a DT who couldnt get off our scout team in three years? Seriously, I dont understand. He fit at Ole Miss.
Everyone needs third teamers to ward off disaster, likely the reason for this. Which is understandable.
Sounds like as soon as he got out of Tally and got some good coaching he started to play well. Pretty typical, really. Congrats Gators
You are one dumb motherfvcker, because FSU has one of the best DLs in the nation, and had one of the best when Cummings left
Well he was a DE coming out of HS, and FSU tried playing him at DT when he was way undersized. Now he is 300 lbs and plenty big enough to play DT, with 2 yrs left to play
He actually bulked up to 280+ befre he left FSU, and he stayed injured which hurt his development
Yeah I thought he was under sized and always hurt while at FSU. I don't get fsufsu's troll attempt, pretty poor if you ask me.
No he wasn't
Fsu and lsu recruited him as a dt
He just got passed by at fsu then transferrd
UF probably needs DT since both of their starters should jump to the draft. Way too many people going at your knees when you play DT to hang around an extra year in college.
I see you trying to troll these past few days, and you clearly suck at it
But just for fun I will remind you that Odell Haggins has been at FSU for almost 20 years now, so obviously he sucks
Is easily one of the best recruiters in america, but who cares right ? being a fisherman in gay west clearly shows you are a man amongst men who knows football better than anybody
• The litany of standouts that Haggins has coached includes four first round draft picks: Broderick Bunkley (2006), Travis Johnson (2005), Corey Simon (2000) and Andre Wadsworth (1998). Wadsworth began his career at the nose guard position before moving to defensive end. The No. 3 overall pick (Arizona) in the 1998 draft, Wadsworth remains the highest drafted player in FSU history.
• In addition to the first-rounders, Haggins' pupils have also included Pro Bowler Darnell Dockett (third round) - whom he recruited and mentored - Larry Smith (second), Andre Fluellen (third), Jerry Johnson (fourth), Julian Pittman (fourth) and Letroy Guion (fifth).
• Haggins has won at every level as a player and a coach. He was on the front end of Florida State's dynasty years, starring at nose guard for the Seminoles. FSU posted a 39-8-1 record with Haggins in the lineup from 1986-89 and he was part of four bowl-winning teams. He earned Kodak, Walter Camp and UPI All-American honors as a senior in 1989.
• Haggins' helped produce one of the best defensive lines in the nation in 2010 as the Seminoles ranked third in the nation in quarterback sacks, 21st in tackles for loss and 42nd in total defense. The Seminoles tied with Boise State for first nationally in total sacks with 48 sacks. Three of his defensive tackles - Dawkins, McCloud and McDaniel - were among the top 15 tacklers on the team.
• Named one of the six best defensive line coaches in college football by CBS Sports columnist Dennis Dodd in 2008, Haggins has repeatedly turned out top-flight talent. Since the 2000 season he has coached eight defensive tackles that have been selected in the NFL Draft.
I agree Weedline, after reading all of this its clear that some JUCO has better coaches
fsufsu said... I've got about 10 great stories on Lane but all you need to know is he will never be a loser, that's for sure.
Since Odell doesn't post on BOL he obviously knows nothing about football.
Whoa, look at who's getting all defensive.........
On Sunday, GatorCountry.com had multiple sources say both Elam and Easley have told several team members they plan to return for their senior seasons. The duo informed teammates during a team meal after Saturday’s 23-0 home win against Jacksonville State, which improved the Gators’ to 10-1 overall and 7-0 at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
This post was edited by 386gator 17 months ago
I will believe that when I see it.
wow really stupid if true, at least for FLoyd. hes a fringe first rounder right now and wont fall past the middle of the second at the very worst. i hope he declares and the Bucs take him in the 2nd round
FSU Ambassador to the masses
They're going to copycat LSU and move him to FB
Danielle Hunter, Jamario Rasco, Anthony FREAK Johnson.. DL wrecking crew of 2013.
That was about Easley and Elam.
Where did you see Floyd's name?
Don't think Floyd was mentioned as leaving. He's definitely gone. I think it'd be foolish for him to stay unless his new millionaire pops puts him in the will soon.
ack didnt read it all the way through. ive seen a ton of rumors saying floyd was going to stay and just input his name in that sentence in my mind.
elam staying is dumb as well. hes probably the best safety in this class and hes had a really good year. probly a late first, solid second selection. kid needs to just bounce to the NFL and start making money
agreed. DL need to go as soon as they get something approaching a 1st round grade. too much risk in coming back and sustaining a knee injury and going from a 1st rounder to a 6th and losing millions
Elam isn't ready for the NFL, watched him play all year long
Good player but not ready for the NFL
Best safety in this class ? jesus man, nothing could be further from the truth
safety class this year is pretty underwhelming. i cant think of anyone who is coming out that has played better. elam is great in run support and decent in coverage. would make a good SS.
This post was edited by phillip740il 17 months ago
Elam is gone. This is coming from tos who is wrong a lot.
I could see Dom coming back though.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports