In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1984
Online now 1364 Record: 18710 (2/25/2012)
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Top 10 things that the REC takes full credit for:
1) Tony Franklin to Auburn
2) Tommy Tuberville out of Auburn
3) Les Miles staying in LSU instead of taking the Michigan job
4) Chiz to Auburn
5) Building Scott Loefler (sp?) up as the coach that created Tom Brady
6) Trees (No, the REC had nothing to do with Updyke, but when he made a joke about poisoning the trees when he really didn't, we took the opening)
7) Helping Selena Roberts find a 3rd job even after proving to be an awful journalist (still paying off)
8) The synthetic weed epidemic in Auburn and Baton Rouge
9) Stanford's no TD against Notre Dame (that took some forsight, IMO)
10) The Gus Bus returns to Auburn!
Note: We tried to send Ellis Johnson earlier, but somehow Auburn made a great hire in getting BVG....but even screwed that up.
11. Jake Holland to Auburn
12. Dameyune Craig to UAB as head coach after the season (in the works)
13. Hanging metal poles to replace the oak trees
14. Getting them to TP their own campus after a win
15. Weedline to AU as AD (in the works)
The Updyke fiasco was genius and we still get a chuckle out of it at REC meetings. It just goes to show how devoted our soldiers are. His life has been turned upside down but has never uttered a word about actually being in Texas when the whole thing went down. Harvey did his part to be a champion.
#15 will never happen.
Jay Jacobs is our secret weapon and we are keeping him exactly where he is.
*****added syndicated radio host Colin Cowherd to the payroll because what he's saying about Auburn this morning is worse than what I could imagine any Bama grad ever saying
Reece Davis has done wonderful work with Cowherd.
dude why would you out us like that?
The pieces were being together. It was getting too obvious.
Besides, at the last meeting, we decided the Roberts story would be our last run with Auburn for a while. We decided that Jay Jacobs being there is enough. It is time to worry about something more worth our time....like South Alabama's recruiting in Mobile.
This post was edited by BetterOff 12 months ago
that's not cool man
We haven't had to touch UGA yet. You'll find out though if we do. It can get pretty serious.
BetterOff is about to fall up some stairs IMHO.
I'll do what I can to help but basically, you're fvcked.
DId REC have anything to do with Tressel?
It's apparently getting too obvious he is working for us and we might need to make a change. I have volunteered my services to fall upon the sword in honor of my Tide. Ideas so far:
1. Lime Green AU jerseys for St. Patrick's Day.....but wear them in October.
2. Challenge Pat Dye to a fist fight in the middle of town. Give all revenue earned on said fight to the United Negro League College Fund. Call him a racist if he does not show. Blow the money on African-American strippers is he does. Tell people they misunderstood my intentions....
3. Schedule UAB and play them in Montgomery every year
4. Dedicate an athletic building to Gene Chizik
5. Offer Trooper Taylor a job parking cars for game day
quit asking or we'll bury your program too
sounds nearly identical to the NWO flippers last year
Jay Jacobs only dreams of being that successful, IMO.
Big difference. NWO was message board fodder for the poors.
No. The B1G is way beneath our scope. The REC in conjunction with the Saban was responsible for Urbs leaving Florida, so there you go.
I saw the REC's choppers flying over AU a few days ago, I knew it was just a matter of time before the story came out.
I pledge allegiance, to the REC...
Lulz... REC gumps can't afford a double wide much less a chopper... simple minded poors
Dive for the thrill, shoot for the kill.
Why are you in my thread peasant?
You may speak to the elite when spoken to
you getting the REC and the sons of saban confused
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports