In partnership with CBSSports.com
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
The place for discussion on the NFL
The place for discussion on college baseball
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
(via the twitters)
I like Mark. He was the AD of my high school when I was a senior. Good guy.
He was a lot thinner back then but we all were.
This post was edited by devidee 20 months ago
Matt May @TCPMattMay
Been talking to several sources this morning on both ends (UK/FSU) and buzz raging about Mark Stoops to UK potentially getting done quickly.
We will find out after this saturday
<< cautiously optimistic. But, damn, that'd be nice.
Keep Calm & Stoops On..
1. It's a dead end job. It's a basketball first school.
2. Mike would make more sense (he has HC experience) whereas Mark does not.
3. A deal would likely not be done quickly, as FSU has ACCCG and bowl game and no decisions will (or should) be made before then.
1) Eff you. Basketball IS #1 at UK (not that ALL fans are basketball only.) Football DOES have a backing from fans.. not so much administration, but hopefully that changes.
2) Doesn't matter.
3) Agree with this sentiment, nothing should take place before the game. But, I hope they agree in principle or whatever, and wait until sunday or something.
1. If you don't think a coach from a family of big time football coaches wants a football first school, then maybe you should stick w/ basketball.
2. In the SEC, it definitely matters, again, stick w/ basketball.
3. We'll see if anything does happen.
he could do worse, it sounds like he is interested but is trying to get some sort of idea from the university how committed they are to the success of the Football program, If he takes the job I hope he takes it and its out there sunday after the ACC title game so we can actively look for a replacement and we have as much time as possible to settle down recruits. I'd assume DJ eliot is going with him, So we'd need to replace at least 2 coaches.
1) I like basketball AND football. Shove the "stay with basketball" up your ass. He's a DEFENSIVE minded coach, which is what we need in the worst way. I'm sure he's wanting a "football" first school, but maybe he relishes a challenge.
2) Looks like it IS going to happen.
Bingo. I know it's Kentucky, but Mark Stoops would be a mediocre hire at best IMO.
Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams,
telling myself it's not as hard as it seems - Led Zeppelin
What he wants and what he can get are two different things. I dont even hear his name mentioned for any of the other job openings in the SEC, or any of the other major job openings period
Maybe you read what you only want to read. Stoops has inquired as to KY's commitment to football. That seems to suggest he wants a football first school. Comprende?
If it happens, best wishes to him. He is a good guy and I wish him and his family the best. No ill wishes to him or KY.
I am not sure how you people up there get your kicks but no fun I know of involves shoving anything in that area. Sorry to disappoint you.
@KySportsRadio: OFFICIAL: KSR can confirm Mark Stoops will be named Kentucky football coach this afternoon
Congrats to kentucky. You've got your coach.
Yeah, because Mike did such a good job at Arizona.
Devidee - hearing same thing bro
Haha.. nice. I read everything. It HAS been a rather long day, so I'll chalk it up to excitement and skimming. "Up there" would refer to Washington where I currently reside, and last time I checked... there were no movements to conduct such activities. Either way, thanks for the conversation.
This is AWESOME. Enjoy his Defense Kentucky. Sure it looks good on paper, but just wait until he goes a full season without calling one blitz.
Ha i knew you FSU guys would be loving this. I despise the entire Stoops family.
Its funny. Im more pissed he is leaving because most likely he will be taking DE's Coach DJ Eliot with him. A lot of Noles are mad because he could be taking our " Fake OC" James Coley with him. I find that as a plus because its going to force Fishers hand at getting an OC Coordinator. Do I think Stoops did an good job? Absolutely, BUT with the talent we had on D we should have been much better than we were. The non blitzing play calling had to stop. The only thing I can really complain about is the timing, but coaching jobs dont wait forever, although i think he could have at least waited until after Saturdays ACCCG.
Please let him take Coley!!
The only part that hurts imo, is re-recruiting all the defensive guys and this will deliver White to Bama but overall Im excited for something new considering the talent on hand
Hopefully the new guy moves Joyner to offense or back to CB
fsufsu said... I've got about 10 great stories on Lane but all you need to know is he will never be a loser, that's for sure.
My e-cred is huge in Japan, brah.
OMG! I hated that crap!
crap got on my nerves.
Probably, just saying this seals it for sure and probably sooner than later
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports