In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1925
Online now 2164 Record: 18710 (2/25/2012)
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
3 time POTW, member since 2006, MLWTI: 4-3
Denard - 41
ND - 38
This post was edited by hownowbrowncow 19 months ago
not this time
Notre dame loses badly and goes back to being what they have been for 10 years....nothing.
If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
ND - 42
Michigan - 14
preach on brother
With the game being out South Bend Irish should be favored. But for some reason I think Michigan pulls out a close one. something like 35 - 31
ND - 21
UM - 20
And,to throw a little substance into this thread, here is my analysis:
1. I was almost sure ND was going to win each of the last three years. I don't think they can beat the odds again, but I also think this is the best shot UM has had out of these four games.
ND'S RUN GAME:
2. ND's rushing attack is not spectacular. Purdue's run D is good, not great. However, C. Wood could affect that greatly. Hard to tell from the first 3 games.
3. Similarly, it is hard to tell how Michigan's run defense will do. They were heavily out-manned by Bama (who eventually found a back that could beat them). They faced the triple-option. And, then they played nickel coverage against a weak UMass team. They are not great on the DL, but not decidely bad either.
4. An average run game for ND vs. an average front 7 for UM = push...ND gets about 150 or so yards.
ND PASS GAME:
5. ND has a young, but good QB and some okay WRs.
6. Michigan has a pretty good secondary, minus Countess.
7. A stronger unit than above on both ND's offense and UM's defense, but ultimately a push =....ND gets about 200 or so yards.
UM RUN GAME
8. UM put up 70 yards on Bama despite no Fitz, little use of Denard and trailing by a lot. Otherwise, the run O has looked good against two weak teams.
9. ND has a strong front 7 and limited all the running attacks they have seen.
10. I think UM is the best rushing attack that ND has seen. But, ND's defense is better than the other teams UM has faced sans Bama. That means potential push or slight edge ND = UM gets about 125 or so yards.
UM PASS GAME
11. Denard has looked better, but still has brain farts. The WRs and TEs have evolved. I think it is a pretty good passing attack and better than what ND has faced this year so far (Navy, Purdue and the Maxwell-led Spartans)
12. ND lost another starter in an already weak secondary. They could have been toasted by State if the State WRS play better. I also think Denard's legs also add a level of deception to take advantage of the young guys that they have not really seen. ND will be loading the box to stop Denard.
13. If Denard is somehwat accurate and limits the picks, I think this is an advantage UM = UM gets about 225 or so yards.
Close game. It probably comes down to turnovers and/or special teams. I give ND the victory based on home field and revenge factor....and because Kelly finally looks like he can handle the pressure of coaching there.
This post was edited by Peterklima 19 months ago
Gibbons with a late fg as he's thinking about some hot brunettes
Wow, who is that hottie in your sig?
ND - 27
U M - 21
wish I knew
you are wrong, it's all good in the hood
Michigan wins again.
"DOMINATE the state" - James Franklin 1/11/14
24-13, Notre Dame
I expect UM to win 35-24
The All-time winningest program in college football - 31
The purple-faced zealots - 28
Notre Dame- 21
21-14 Michigan .. Notre Dame is like the Yankees except they Yankees actually win.
This is Michigan, fergodsakes.
I can see this game going three ways Michigan pulls out a close one, ND pulls out a close one, or ND puts a beating on Michigan. Since Robinson is still taking snaps for Michigan I'll go with ND in a close one. 28-23.. We win the battle in the trenches and our CB's play the ball much better than last year..
This post was edited by star69 19 months ago
Hasn't Robinson owned Notre Dame the last couple years, so I do not see that changing this year.
This post was edited by duvalnole 19 months ago
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports