In partnership with CBSSports.com
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Those annual deficit numbers sound correct.
Yeah but the idiot put debt not deficit. lol.
Dumb post, doesn't even make sense. What the hell could he have done for me? You are smarter than this. I make a perfectly reasonable, sound, post and you come back with partisan crap. lol.
I'm saying that, in your mind, he hasn't done a lot for the country - but you don't speak for the entire country. Many of the things he's done are not things that you consider positives, but that many, many other people consider positive accomplishments.
I don't think he has done much in the eyes of most people. If you support healthcare reform what you got was a weak attempt, for example. And Obamacare is really the only thing he has done of note. The rest was all pretty ordinary.
I would love to hear from those many many other people he has helped, because I would bet the majority of them have increased their dependence on those of us who bust out asses everyday. The simple fact is he has done NOTHING for this country but spend money we don't have. The guy believes he has a mandate, if he was smart enough to know what a mandate is he would realize 50% of Americans think he is a fool.
Leave the political talk to the people who actually know what they're talking about.
Here's just a small sampling of what he's done:
1. Reversed the policy of barring media coverage during the return of fallen soldiers to Dover Air Force Base. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7986203.stm
2. Provided the Department of Veterans Affairs with more than $1.4 billion to improve services to America's Veterans. http://www4.va.gov/budget/products.asp
3. Signed the Children's Health Insurance Reauthorization Act, which provides health care to 11 million kids -- 4 million of whom were previously uninsured. http://themiddleclass.org/bill/children039s-health-insurance-program-reauthorization-act-2009
4. Signed the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act, the first piece of comprehensive legislation aimed at improving the lives of Americans living with paralysis. http://www.christopherreeve.org/site/c.ddJFKRNoFiG/b.4506337/apps/s/content.asp?ct=6866203
5. Signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop fraud and wasteful spending in the defense procurement and contracting system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapon_Systems_Acquisition_Reform_Act_of_2009
6. Established Credit Card Bill of Rights, preventing credit card companies from imposing arbitrary rate increases on customers. http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/promise/33/establish-a-credit-card-bill-of-rights/
7. Require health insurance plans to disclose how much of the premium actually goes to patient care. http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/30/obama-signs-bill-on-student-loans-health-care/
8. Added 4.6 billion USD to the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental health professionals. http://www4.va.gov/budget/products.asp
9. Lifted restrictions granting Cuban Americans unrestricted rights to visit family and send remittances to the island. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103030021
10. Eliminated subsidies to private lender middlemen of student loans and protect student borrowers. http://www.smartmoney.com/personal-finance/college-planning/the-health-care-bill-and-your-student-loans/?print=1
Oh yeah, let's start the run toward dictatorship
I dream of a day when chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
Fify... i clearly meant deficit.
How is most of that the federal government's job. show me in the constitution or bill or rights the gov't should do all of that. He has taken this country far to the left, or is trying. Also, on the first point, why should the press be allowed to show the men who fought and died for this country be made a political stunt. The press should NOT be apart of that. Let me guess, you make less than 50k a year if you have a job at all. Do you use your SNAP card to pay for your membership here?
My son's message to Obama, Clemson, and Georgia
What ever happened to helping thy fellow man?
Oath Before Orders
What ever happened to nothing in life is free. So get off your dead ass and do something (not you unless the shoe fits)
Also, the people should never, I mean NEVER be dependent soley on the government.
And healthcare? Pay for it yourself, don't make me pay for it. Or anyone else that actually has a fucking job.
Well, I make a living on my own just fine, thanks for asking. But I also recognize that there are people in this country that need help.
Oh knowing one...How is he paying for all of that? When he actually does something of merit let me know. You haven't got a clue. Tell me why the u-rate is 14.6%. Tell me why minr and many others health insurance has gone up 40%.
Tell me why there are more 25-34 year olds on disability, or why more people are on food stamps or living off of welfare.
Student loans have surpassed credit card debt. If no jobs are available, how do you expect people to pay?
If you want to discuss and debate I think you better come with more than those things bc the guy can't pay for them without a budget and a surplus.
Are you seriously blind? It's economics 101...go back to school and learn something.
This post was edited by eskelies 18 months ago
I'd agree if the insurance industry wasn't so blatantly corrupt and egregiously overpriced.
Fact: US suffered the worst terrorist attack in US history.
Would you rather the US do nothing to save some money?
If we truly want to back down government spending and curb our debt, we need to cut defense spending (how much, I don't know). But people never want to touch that issue.
Like I said, not you.
However, most those people are being helped so well that they have no need to go find a job. That's crazy. Enabling like hell.
I never said the system didn't need reform. I agree with that. But we shouldn't just drop it all together.
That's not why we fought that war. Oil is why we fought that war. And a few other reasons not related to 9/11.
Well you have to start somewhere. And instead of starting, he's getting worse.
And actually, I do think it can get shut down by about 75% right away.
I'm a corporate lawyer, but by all means, continue on your tirade about me making less than $50K and using SNAP benefits.
On the first point, are you against recognizing the sacrifice these brave men and women have made for our country? If you bothered to read the article, you'd see this line: "the media are allowed access to the ceremonies, but only with the permission of the dead soldiers' family members." You can't possibly believe that there's something wrong with making the American public aware of the very real cost of international conflict.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports