In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 2514
Online now 2186 Record: 18710 (2/25/2012)
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
In terms of watchability. Top-10
1. MNC game Bama vs Notre Dame.
2. Fiesta Bowl Oregon vs Kansas St....This was nearly the national title game.
3. Cotton Bowl Oklahoma vs TAMU Nice Big-12 matchup
4. Rose Bowl Stanford vs Wisky. Sure Wisconsin is a 5 loss team, but they are certainly playing their best ball right now.
5. Chik-fil-a Bowl LSU vs Clemson A great defense vs a great offense. Chipotle is better than Chik-fil-a tho.
6. Alama Bowl Oregon St vs Texas. Big stage for the Beavers to do work. Both teams are looking to build momentum for 2013
7. Outback bowl South Carolina vs Michigan. A decent SEC vs Big-10 new years day matchup
8. Cap One bowl Georga vs Nebraska Another SEC vs Big-10 matchup, both teams coming off of losses, but Nebraska was embarrassing.
9. Sugar Bowl Florida vs Louisville Florida has played down to their opponents most of the season, will they in this game?
10. Holiday Bowl ucla vs Baylor. Baylor coming into the game as one of the hottest teams in the nation. ucla will have to put past the loss in the PAC-12CG or they will get ran off the field.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
Pretty pathetic when we win the conference title, yet Clumpson has a better opponent in it's bowl game. LOLOLOLOL
Take the Rose Bowl off of that list.
How did we get stuck with these horrible selections?
I can see that. Just that though Wisconsin has 5 losses, they looked really good in their Big-10CG. But yea, would not argue if someone put the LSU Clemson game a spot higher than the Rose Bowl.
Worst Rose Bowl ever.
Can you really put much stock into looking good when your opponent was still a B1G team?
The money goes to the conference.
What I was saying is that it doesn't matter $$ wise which team is in which bowl, because they are both getting the same piece of the pie.
Actually the school that goes to a BCS game stands the chance to lose more money in some cases. 17,500 tickets at $200+ a pop can be tough to get rid of if fans can go on line and find them cheaper than face value.
NIU is projecting to take almost a $2 million loss on ticket sales alone. They have already said they are giving free tickets to any student that makes it to Miami to pick them up.
FSU is also discounting its 17,500 tickets at 50% of face value.
yup. FSU will take a loss as well. The other ACC teams will make more money from the Orange Bowl than FSU will due to the hit they will take on the ticket sales.
Don't blame the bcs. The problem is that we have severely unqualified people voting in the coaches and Harris polls. NIU being ranked in the top-20 is ridiculous. NIU is ranked 41 in the Sagarin predictor and 32 in the Elo Chess. 41 is a much more accurate ranking for this team than #15.
Wrong. FSU will not get all that money alone. This is how the ACC works ...
All teams that go to bowl games, all that money that is earned from those teams participating in bowls are split evenly through ALL ACC teams. Yes even those who didn't even get bowl eligible.
All that money we earned getting to the Orange bowl, we won't see half of that. It'll be spit up.
its a joke that wake forest, BC, maryland north carolina and miami will all receive money for not going to a bowl game. i hate this goddamn conference. we lost money from the acccg because GT sucks ass and its in a terrible location, we are losing money like crazy on the orange bowl because we got saddled with a bullshit opponent. i bet we end up losing 4mil+ from this shit ass bowl season. fck the ACC. id have rather lost to GT and played LSU, at least wed have had a quality game
FSU Ambassador to the masses
just so i'm clear.....you are saying it's NIU that had the awful schedule..... right?
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports