In partnership with CBSSports.com
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
The place for discussion on the NFL
The place for discussion on college baseball
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
1. Bama, nice tough ugly win on the road. Showed their class when it counted
2. Oregon Absolutely impressive team. Offensive machine
3. Kansas St. Complete team, but I am cooling on the strength of the Big-12
4. Ohio St. The class of the Big-10
5. Notre Dame Livin on the edge, they do not make the cut in my top-8 in pure power rankings.
6. Florida They were extremely fortunate to not lose this past weekend
7. Georgia Yea they have the head to head win vs UF, but overall a weaker resume
8. Florida St My tied for #3 team in pure power rankings, just a weak resume
9. LSU Showed a lot of fire in a loss
10. Texas A&M II would not be shocked to see this team pull the upset next week
11. Oregon St. Nice resume, but overall power ranking is not all that high
12. Oklahoma mishmash
13. ucla 0f these
14. Stanford three teams
15. South Carolina really strong resume, but the loss of Lattimore really hurts their power ranking
16. Nebraska cornhusking their way to the Rose Bowl
17. Clemson Just lack the competition to really move up very high
18. USC No resume to speak of, but a top-10 team in power rankings.
19. Louisville The best the big east has
20. Texas Does not live up to their individual talent, the anti-Kstate
21. Oklahoma St Nice overall resume, with a good power ranking
22. Louisiana Tech best win is a close loss vs TAMU
23. Texas Tech insert random Big-12 team here
24. Arizona celebrated that win over USC for a bit too long
25, Michigan they have nice helmets.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
fsufsu said... I've got about 10 great stories on Lane but all you need to know is he will never be a loser, that's for sure.
Sorry MJR, but once again Arizona isn't a top 25 team.
Ohio State #4 had me lolzin real hard
Also he only dropped USCw one spot they wouldn't even make my top 35 right now
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by NoVaNoles 20 months ago
Yeah, Ohio St is not the #4 team. I think they could around #11 or so, but definitely not top 5. I think he just put them up there because they are undefeated.
I don't jump or drop anyone any spots. I re-rank each week. That is something that low IQ people do not understand.
If you re-rank them then teams drop and jump spots
This post was edited by NoVaNoles 20 months ago
undefeated is certainly a big part of it. But they beat some good teams badly. They would most likely beat Florida right now.
Ohio State probably is not a top 5 team, but IMO they are a top 10 team... I think they would beat ND and MIGHT (that is the key word MIGHT) hang with Bama, only because they dont run the spread. A game vs Oregon and KSU would be a basketball game, scoring in the damn 60's. UF, UGA dont really have a good O either. So OSU would hang around with them as well.
That is my unbias (as possible lol) opinion. I'd put them around 6-8 though.
no, because that mentality means that a team has a spot. Also i did not do a poll last week, so your premise is completely wrong to begin with. Now I just checked the Harris poll, and that poll also has USC at 18,
UF, LSU, FSU, and UGA would all be favored on a neutral field.
I would certainly favor Florida St. I have the tied with Kansas St as my #3 as far as pure power goes. LSU would be favored, but I am not so sure about Georgia or Florida.
It really comes down to teams FSU can run on
I don't think FSU could run on LSU or Bama, thus a loss
But K ST ? i think we could, and our defense would kill that offense imo
It doesnt matter who is favored... Ohio State fans have seen that.... aka UF game, LSU game....
I REALLY think OSU would beat UF, UGA, and FSU (shoot out game), not to sure about LSU right now, but the first 3 yes.
No logic or reasoning behind this answer? Have you watched OSU play this year?
Every game and the defense is atrocious. No offense, but you're a one trick pony. Would already have two losses in the SEC, PAC 12, or BIG 12.
Your biggest win is Nebraska. A team that lost to UCLA.
U know nothing about football. First of all if Ohio state played anyone close to decent they would lose they hav the worst schedule I've ever seen. 2nd of all u r a homer so continue thinking that USC is good
Their SOS is 55th. Only three top 25 teams have worse: FSU (108), Clemson (76), and Miss St. (71).
How can you really say No offense when OSU averaged 40pts a game? Has Oregon played anyone? Other than a USC team who lost to Arizona.. last week... At least Neb lost was at the start of the season and the team has gotten better... Yes the D is horrible, which is why I said the FSU game would be a shoot out.
UF = no offense, decent D
UGA = they have the freshman RB's and thats it. ok D.
LSU= decent O, good D.
FSU= good O, no D.
Bama had no big wins either, until this week... And honestly, Bama isnt as good as I thought they were coming into this week... the D looked to be getting tired and worn down... If Miles wouldnt of made bone head plays, LSU would of won that game.
but hey, everyone has an opinion, not saying yours is wrong, or mine is right.
This is why the games are played and trophies arnt handed out until the end of the season!
Im sorry, was that a typo or do you really think FSU is all offense and no defense ?
lol, the irony of an Ohio State fan pointing that out
Didn't mean "offense" as in football. Offense as in "not to offend you".
And your entire post became irrelevant when you stated this. FSU is absolutely a great defense.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports