In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1899
Online now 2106 Record: 18710 (2/25/2012)
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
As always a very fluid situation, and based 60% on resume (actual on the field results, including MOV, venue, strength of opponent, etc) and 40% pure power poll, ie who I think is "better" based on my eyeball test.
1, Alabama: The most complete team to date, IMO
2. LSU: Their dominating win over UW, is better IMO than Bama's win over Michigan, closed the gap with Bama, and nearly passed them
3. USC: Ultra-talented, but still a number of holes putting it all together, only thing giving them the bump over #4 is a road win
4. Oregon: most explosive player in the game, and they just jump on teams with their speed, variety and pace
5. ucla: Hate to do it, but resume alone puts them here. 2 wins over teams who are otherwise undefeated vs 1A. One on the road
6, Georgia: Nice road win over a talented team
7. Ohio St: UCF better than most give them credit. Urbanz the most talented team in the Big-10
8. Tennessee: Dooleying their way to the top of the SECE
9, Arizona: Going out on a limb and still believing that Okie st is going to be a very good team. DickRod's group is explosive on O
10. Florida St: Have not played anyone with a pulse, power poll points vault them above teams with better resume's.
11. Oklahoma: Feel I could be getting stooped here and really overrating this team
12. WVU: Power poll vaults them up, with only 1 game while most others have 2.
13. Michigan St. Dantonio, running the football, and playing defense.
14. Kansas St: Hurricanesarentevenreal............................................EMAW
15. Stanford: These guys are smarter than you
15. Texas: Hook Em
16. South Florida Bulls get a big win in Reno, boats and ho's
17. ULM: Warhawk nation scores a huge win in Fayettville, but how long can it last? I am thinking this will be short lived
18. Clemson: Talented, but not too much of a resume yet.
19. Arizona St: Looked real sharp, but Illinois very well could be really bad.
20. Oregon St: physical inside, fast on the outside. Wisconsin may not be very good though, giving a small benefit of the doubt now
21. Notre Dame: Did the long road trip have a bad effect, or?????????????????
22. South Carolina: More talented than their current ranking
23. Northwestern: Road win over cuse, and home win over Vandy, better resume than most teams at this point in time.
24. Florida: Boom with a big win in a conference road game. Looked better than week 1
25. 25. Virgina Tech: Between them and Utah st, so whatever
This post was edited by MJRuffalo 19 months ago
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
if u are going to downvote, at least provide some insight.
If you are going to do polls please don't cry when people laugh at your stupidity
Lmao at UCLA and Arizona being above FSU
We might not be top 10 but FSU rolls both of those teams with ease
You really are a stupid SOB
FSU has not played anyone. I am ranking mostly due to what teams have actually done. Ucla beating Nebraska, and Arizona beating Oklahoma St, is far, far better than anything Florida St has remotely done. Of course I do factor in my perceived strength of teams ie pure power poll, that is why FSU is where they are, otherwise they would be unranked.
If you think it is stupid to rank based on actually what happens, then you are an idiot. Or do you prefer how the AP does it? ULM goes on the road to beat Arkansas, yet Arkansas is receiving more votes than ULM. Now that is stupidity.
you are such a douche
Arkansas lost its QB moron
They are certainly the better team and deserve more votes
This post was edited by NoVaNoles201711 19 months ago
That is only if you place more value on perceived strength than actual on the field results.
Texas lost their QB vs Bama in the mnc game, does Texas deserve to call themselves better than Bama and deserving of #1 that year.
Damn you are an idiot.
Not even close to the same situation lolz
You really gonna compare Texas national title team to ULM ?
Keep reaching, or just keep crying like a little asshat over people downvoting you
It is not reaching. It is counting what actually happens on the field more so than pre-season guesses. Injuries at every position are apart of football, always have been, always will be.
Okay but injuries happen on the field you stupid bastard, and certainly play a large role into what happens on the field after said player leaves the game
Not taking that into account is idiotic behavior
yes injuries happen on the field, so do turnovers, touchdowns, 3rd down conversions, punt returns, etc... It all happens on the field,and they all contribute to whether a team wins or loses, and winning is the goal.
Do I believe that ULM is one of the best 25 teams in the country, of course not. This is not a power poll though, this takes into account actual results. If you are not going to give credit for a team winning the game, then why play? Clearly you have never played the game.
I do give them credit
They wouldn't drop in my poll
But they aren't better than Arkansas
Had they beaten them with Wilson, then yeah sure.... But they didn't
Wake Forest wasn't better than FSU last year, and the final rankings prove this
But you would put them ahead of FSU cause they beat up Clint Trickett ? Only a moron would do such a thing bro
UCLA at #5? For beating a Nebraska team with an Armpunt QB and no defense?
Get real. If you're using on the field results, wait about 4 more weeks before crowning the Bruins or Beavers for beating "quality teams".
Nebraska and Wisconsin are mediocre.
I just want to understand and comprehend the justification for placing more emphasis on pre-season guesses than actual on the field results? I mean fuck, Arkansas gave up 3 first hald TD's to 1AA Jacksonville St the week prior. It is not like they have this great body of work, and this game vs ULM was some kind of outlier.
I do not believe that ucla is the 5th best team in the country, but they have a great resume so far. Went on the road to beat Rice who themselves went on the road to beat Kansas. Then beat Nebraska who handily beat Southern Miss the week prior. As I have stated numerous times that my poll is extremely fluid and based more so on actual on the field results more so than perceived strength.
Why wait 4 more weeks? Why not just re-rank each week? Why wait 4 more weeks for those teams, but crown FSU as a top-8 team for beating 2 1AA's now?
But you also gotta go with what you know
Im pretty sure you know that with Wilson, a healthy RB and none of the drama Ark has had to deal with that they are the better team
I mean come on
ULM deserves to move up sure, but they aren't better right now imo
Haven't seen enough and neither have the pros who do polls for a living
That is all im saying
I don't blame FSU for Savanna st, WVU fricked them over big-time. I do blame them for Murray st, but either way this is not about blame. this is about what has happened to date.
You don't think UCLA is the #5 team in the country, yet you put them at #5?
What the hell is this thread even for then? Why don't you just post some RPI scores then? That's basically what you're trying to do if UCLA at #5 is based off their 2 wins, and not how good the team actually is.
Nobody in my poll is cemented. Arkansas can still earn there way back up, and ULM could very well get knocked out, and soon. Just compare last week to this week, way different.
Because that is where their resume determines them to be. ucla can win big next week and drop far (though I abhor the terms drop and jump, it is simply a re-rank). It is fluid, and early in the season may look funny to some people.
Then why is Alabama #1?
We have no quality wins according to your top 25. Must be 100% power poll for Alabama's rank.
Your poll sucks.
2009, 2011, 2012 Champs
Michigan is still a quality win for sure. Are you really one of those very, very low IQ people who believe that there is some kind of magical difference between #25 and #26?
Anyway when I go off of quality wins, I use an opponents power poll ranking, not resume to make that determination. Michigan is probably not a top-25 team, but they are a top-40 team, and Bama completely dismantled them. It was very close between Michigan and LSU, the biggest separation is that LSU go their big win at home, while Bama won at a neutral site. Had that situation been reversed, then LSU would be my #1 right now.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports