In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online now 1195 Record: 18710 (2/25/2012)
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
1. Kansas st. a close #1 in my power poll, but with the best resume of any team to date.
2. Bama extremely complete, but not quite as overpowering as once thought
3. Oregon. razor thin margin between oregon and their #2 power poll ranking, and UF with their #2 resume
4. Florida. Has a real chance to run the table to the seccg
5. Oregon St. another round of Beaver juice? sure
6. Oklahoma A very explosive team with a very solid resume
7. Notre Dame have a feeling that the luck of the irish falters this upcoming week
8. LSU strong resume for a 1 loss team, with a solid road win under their belts
9. USC Beating up on Colorado tells us very little, face a real test next Saturday with their 5th road game to date
10. Texas Tech This is West Texas football
11. Ohio St. undefeated, that's nice. too close in the past 2 weeks
12 FSUe nice win over a motivated rival
13 Miss St undefeated, but face their true tests in the upcoming weeks
14. South Carolina just edges out to be the top rated 2 loss team
15. Stanford Very solid resume, and a great front 7
16. Rutgers continues to be Jersey strong
17. Georgia ehhhhhhhh
18. Louisville A solid but not great or even very good all around team
19. Clemson A very good offensive team
20 Tamu not much by wins, but 2 close losses to some elite teams
21. Arizona 3 losses, but an extremely solid resume despite that.
22. Michigan Rose Bowlin?
23. TCU dont drink and drive while playing for the horned frogs
24. NC state, bad losses but a very nice win
25. Texas farwell tour for Mack?
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
Yes, Bama not as overpowering as once thought. They only won 44-13 on the road in front of 100k people.
I like KState a lot. But if you think beating WVU is some great accomplishment, just look at what TTU did to them last week.
I like your overall rankings....but if you think K State could score over 17 on us...you're nuts.
The Bama trolling was comedy but feel free to remove SC from the top 25 if you think the thunder cats present a real test.
Yes! You are the man Ruff. Keep on keeping on
If we are FSUe who is FSUw?
Fresno State, I'd assume
KSU has been impressive and deserves a lot of kudos. I don't have a problem with them up top, though I think UF should also be there for the same reason.
I don't care where you put Bama, but your reasoning for putting Bama below KSU is ignorant. In what way is Bama not quite as overpowering as once thought? Bama beat UT by more than MSU and UF (both undefeated) combined while having a TD called back, missing 2 FGs, and missing an XP. Bama is dominating in every way - more so than last year even.
Kansas st has a much more impressive resume than Bama. I go 60% resume 40% power poll. Bama is my #1 in a pure power poll, I would favor them over anyone right now on a neutral field. Oregon closed the distance in the power poll to a close #2, and Kansas St is #3 in that aspect. Florida is a more distant #4, but resume wise they are #2. Just felt that the more significant advantage in the power poll gave Oregon the edge there. last week I had UF #2 and Ducks #3.
fsufsu said... I've got about 10 great stories on Lane but all you need to know is he will never be a loser, that's for sure.
Last week you stated SOS is important and UF has way better SOS than KSU, according to Sargarin, which is who you use.
SOS is very important. It is a major component of a teams resume. Overall UF has a bit better SOS than K state, but K state going on the road and beating Oklahoma is the single best win of any team in the country, and the way they handled West Virginia in Morgantown is better than anything UF has done. So on pure SOS UF is better than K state, but once the entire resume's are put against each other, K state's is much better, then factor in power poll, ie who i think is better, and again UF falls short.
I really don't think that you are intelligent enough to grasp the factors in play. I pointed this out to you in the past as well.
I'm intelligent enough to know your rankings matter as much as the ish I took this morning.
WVU sucks and might not even be a top 25 team come seasons end, this is what you never account for and that is what the future might hold based on everything you have seen has told you
You act like your stupid SOS means the world mid season and take wins way too seriously cause so and so team was ranked here when the game was played
Fact is that WVU win wasn't impressive at all, a little respect for totally owning the offense but WVU freaking sucks total ass and has one of the worst defenses in america
UF has three wins far more impressive than that win even if your stupid computer stats suggest otherwise
Your rankings are the worst polls on the internet and its too damn funny how you post them on multiple boards with your comments that are never funny and sometimes weird
Just an overall fail yet you deliver each week, its awesome
I don't venture to the Blue Board often, but who is this guy?
Here's my Top 5:
1. West Virginia (Best team in the country for the last 5 out of 7 weeks)
2. UNLV (I'm from Vegas)
3. Texas (Just about to get over the hump... wait for it...)
4. Idaho (No! You 'da hoe!)
5. Alabama (Not higher because they're not as overpowering as once thought)
See how that works? I'm an expert now too!
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports