In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 2321
Online now 2293 Record: 18710 (2/25/2012)
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Athlon Sports. Thoughts? Looks accurate imho
Is Mississippi State's Dan Mullen a better coach than LSU's Les Miles?
1. Alabama's Nick Saban
2. South Carolina's Steve Spurrier
3. LSU's Les Miles
4. Texas A&M's Kevin Sumlin
5. Vanderbilt's James Franklin
6. Georgia's Mark Richt
7. Florida's Will Muschamp
8. Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze
9. Arkansas's Bret Bielema
10. Mississippi St.'s Dan Mullen
11. Tennessee's Butch Jones
12. Missouri's Gary Pinkel
13. Auburn's Gus Malzahn
14. Kentucky's Mark Stoops
I'd go Gus last since he is unproven with the potential to go up
This post was edited by rolBAMAballs 12 months ago
Big drop off
Agree with this except Franklin ahead of muschamp
Les Miles can be no worse that 3rd behind Saban and Spurrier. Won a title and played for another. None of the other coaches can top that.
Except Larry Coker
Saban's departing gift for Les won it imo.
I would put Myschamp and Pinkel lower
Steve Spurrier is a God, and Mark Richt worships him
And Gene Chizik can be no lower than 5th since he won a NC. Sound reasoning.
Muschamp's a horrible coach, took a team that lost its starting Qb, starting RB, Offensive Co-ordinator and O-line coach from a 7-6 season to an 11-2 season and a BCS Bowl including wins @ Texas A&M, vs LSU, vs South Carolina, @ Florida State.
I obviously don't have a dog in this fight, but Les also called his way out of games.. That's just my opinion.
The Future Is Bright! Hotty Toddy
Les is top 5 no doubt
Here is how i would rank them currently. All time i would put Spurrier over Les Miles.
1. Nick Saban - 4 NC's
2. Les Miles - 1 NC, perennial top 10 team under Miles
3. Steve Spurrier - steller career at Florida, back to back 11 wins seasons at South Carolina
4. Mark Richt - 2 SEC Championships
5. Bret Bielema - (3 consecutive Rose Bowl appearances @ Wisconsin)
6a. Will Muschamp - took a 7-6 team that lost a lot, picked to finished 3rd in the SEC East and go 7-5 and went 11-2. Beat Kevin Sumlin head to head. Beat several top ranked teams.
6b. Kevin Sumlin - Took a team with some pretty good talent on it from a 6 or 7 win season to a top 10 team.
7. James Franklin - Winning games at Vanderbilt with a talented team, Bobby Johnson also won some games as well though.
8. Dan Mullen - Decent coach, hasn't really done anything special at Miss State.
9. Gary Pinkel - Had some good seasons at Mizzou including a few 10+ win seasons.
10. Butch Jones - Good career at Cincy, won the Big East once or twice. New to Big league football though.
11. Hugh Freeze - Solid first year at Ole Miss, but Cutcliffe and Houston Nutt also won at Ole Miss.
12. Gus Malzahn - Unproven coach, good OC. Not too hard to win at Auburn.
13. Mark Stoops - Unproven coach, good DC, hard to win @ Kentucky.
This post has been edited 3 times, most recently by CLF4L 12 months ago
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports