In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 2240
Online now 2186 Record: 18710 (2/25/2012)
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
I'll be getting started at 10:30 a.m. ET .... and will go until about 5:30 p.m.
-Questions should be related to recruiting in the SEC/ACC
-Feel free to ask about where prospects may be headed, who will stick and who will flip, and what my opinions of certain players are.
-If you're bored, feel free to throw in something about an 80's movie. That's my other area of "expertise" ...
I'll try to get to as many of your questions as possible. Please be patient!
Thanks for stopping by ...
On Twitter=r: @Niebuhr247
This post was edited by Keith Niebuhr 20 months ago
On Twitter: @Niebuhr247
Does Jalen Ramsey stick with USC??
Where does Leon McQuau end up
Why doesnt Florida produce the quality/caliber of QBs Cali/Texas produce?
1. Yes ... that's what I think for now. We'll know more if he visits UF this fall -- and he might for the Kentucky game.
2. For McQuay, I'm thinking FSU or Vandy
3. Honestly, it's hard to say. In Texas, the coaching is simply better. You have teams with 20 coaches. For California you have a ton of people. But honestly, nobody can answer this one. In Florida, I believe only 3 High School products have ever been taken in the 1st round of the NFL draft at the QB position: John Reaves (Tampa Robinson, Florida), Daunte Culpepper (Ocala Vanguard, UCF) and Tim Tebow (Nease, Florida).
Spurrier was born in Miami Beach, but went to HS in Tenn.
Also, Matt Stafford was born in Tampa.
Maybe Florida should count those!!!
How is Bama looking for the top 2014 backs ( Fournette, Michel, etc. )?
Where do you see Tray Matthews now on a national level after seeing him live in-game?
Rank Ferris Bueller on your movie list.
Who's worse? Vernon or Rooney?
Keith, do you think the Henry/Tunsil going to the same school has some legs to it? Seems like they've been hanging with Demarcus Walker a lot too.
2009, 2011, 2012 Champs
1. Good question. Probably. Kids are sold on the program more than the coach. Also, there's this: If a team struggles, a high school kid thinks, 'Hey, this means I can go in and play immediately."
BTW, have you seen Clemson's schedule? Ain't that hard.
2. Can't answer that one. See my answer above. I truly believe how a team does is overblown with the current class ... Where it would probably help FSU is with NEXT year's class because it would make the 'Noles more prominent on the national stage.
3. Since just about EVERY school has been caught cheating in the past 20 years, it's probably not a good thing to single out one school.
Fournette .... Most think Michel will stay in Florida. And probably end up at UM ... Now, the question is, what happens if Miami gets hit hard by the NCAA? Would that change things? We don't know yet
His 247Composite rating is 92nd in the country. I'd say the industry got it right with Tray. Outstanding two-way player with great acceleration. Seems to be a gamer, too. Had one slip-up on Defense. In space, let LSU commit Anthony Jennings juke him out of his shoes. So that is an area he could shore up. Overall? Great player.
Ferris is a good one ... But not in my top 10.
Certainly no Hardbodies, Die Hard, Road House, Fast Times .... etc.
Henry was hanging with Walker a lot at The Opening.
It could have legs, sure. I mean, I'm sure it would be cool to play in college with your friends. That said, UGA feels real good about this one and has for a long time. Then again, he hasn't committed yet. Makes you wonder
Maybe we should ask the honey badger
Glennon or Bray?
Who wins State or UT?
I don't make predictions ... If you're a recruiting person, you have to stay away from anything that might make people think you're pulling for or against a team.
Definitely think it will be a competitive game, though.
Who you got???
Where does Tyler Boyd end up?
Thoughts on Hillgrove DB and GT commit Tolando Cleveland?
How does Travis Custis fit at Georgia Tech?
I think O'Brien finally has state starting resemble his teams at BC. Very efficient and discipline offense combined with a bend but don't break defense. I could see State being a legit top 25 team by the end of the season and will be the surprise of the Atlantic division challenging FSU and Clemson.
NC State 24 UT 23
Keith, I missed your eval of Glennnon vs Bray?
1. Looks like a ND/WV battle for now ... but he's not a guy I cover
2. Only seen Cleveland's film. And he's not bad ... Pretty speedy, and has excellent length at the cornerback position. That length is so crucial with WRs getting bigger.
3. I've always liked Custis. Saw him play last year, and then again at the Georgia Rising Seniors/Junior Bowl. I don't recall him blowing you away with speed, but that's ok ... he has excellent feet, good size and cuts well. He's a bigger back ... powerful runner. I think he's not only a guy that can break off a long one but can get a team the tough yards inside. I really like him.
Hey Keith, what're your thoughts on 2014 WR Corey Holmes? Seems like he really likes Michigan so I'm curious about what kind of player he is.
I like both QBs ... but I don't watch enough college football anymore to give evals ...
who does every acc and sec school finish with?
and don't bs with me, i know you know.
Solid player. Saw him in 2011. Also has nice film. Steady kid with excellent hands.
6-1/180-ish, so he has pretty good size. Decent speed. Like his feet. They're always moving right after a catch. He snags that ball, and makes a quick move. I like that. Also pretty darn good in the open field. Cuts quickly/sharply, giving DBs a hard time.
Every school? Every kid?
You're killing me, man
alright, just these schools:
and i'll limit it to the top 247 composite.
What do you think of Jay Ellison?
Very good. Just not very tall.
I think that's the main reason he's not a more high-profile recruit. I've seen his film and in person, and he makes plays. Pretty explosive. Pretty strong. Very aggressive.
Could be a steal for someone
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports