In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 2203
Online now 2149 Record: 18710 (2/25/2012)
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Thinking positive thoughts for your father. Hope all goes well.
D.Wags, UM has two guards that are ready to play in the NBA. They look like the real deal to me.
If they stay healthy they should have a great year.
I think they have 3 NBA players on their roster. 2 are ready for the NBA now (Burke/Hardaway), and 1 will be ready either after this season or after next (Robinson).
Conversely. MSU has 2-5 NBA players on the roster. 1 is ready for the NBA now (Dawson), 1 will be ready after this season (Harris), and 3 are wild cards that might be ready eventually or they may never make it (Appling/Payne/Valentine).
laconophilia is everywhere...
Yeah, I agree with that. Def some players with upside and room for growth.
Two of the players are ready to contribute minutes on an NBA team.
BTW, been watching a little bit of the NBA this year. I'm really likeing the Knicks team this year.
Other than that whole winning nc part.
Now knowing what 1995 is like all over again! Thank you 247 technology!!
Payne always confuses me when I watch him play (although I haven't seen him this year yet). He'll have stretches where he plays incredible, and then he'll disappear for the next 10 minutes.
I really hope that no one in the B1G is dumb enough to try and outrun IU this year. That's a recipe for an a** whooping.
I think that will change soon. Indiana could win it this year, if Jabai goes green that gives us a shot.
Izzo will. He loves to run.
It's still about match up's in March. I think the b1g has a great chance to win it all this year. Conference play is going to be outstanding.
There's no way Michigan competes for the Natl Title this year. They might, and I repeat M*I*G*H*T compete for a Final 4. However, there's a LOoooooonnnnggggg way to go until March.
That and staying healthy. Last years UNC team imo was good enough to go to the finals, injuries kept them out of at least the championship game imo or Final 4 at the very least.
If you have NBA ready players anything can happen. IMO Burke and Hardaway are ready to contribute minutes in the NBA.
My one call out is I don't think you guys have faced a really good D (I missed last nights game so that may have happened), I'll be curious how they perform against a bump and grind type of game.
Once conference play starts MIchigan will be seeing plenty of good defenses.
Dads out doctor was pleased. Then she says there's always a 5% chance of stroke during procedure here goes another 4 hour wait. Told my mom that when I used to gamble, I'd kill for 95%. Has to give worst case scenario. Sorry for the nervous posting. I think he'll be great.
Anyway, didn't Jud used to say you show me two great guards and I'll show you a final four team. Perhaps Michigan has struck gold.
Sounds like your dad is in great hands, and I'm hoping for the best.
Definitely keep us posted.
Sounds like? His doctor is a Michigan alumna. Dude will be up dancing the tango by 8:30 tonight.
This post was edited by Due51 17 months ago
Glad to hear the news.
Do you mean role-player in the NBA, or does bench warmer count? because i think Dawson would be a bench warmer/5ish min a game type if he were to be in the NBA now. He needs a decent jump shot
I dont think theres a way Payne ever makes it into the NBA with his lung problems.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by Braintrust 17 months ago
Miami is -1.5? hmm
Thoughts and prayers for your pops bro
Dawson and Harris seem like the best NBA potential on the team.
Is Appling tall enough for the NBA?
What about Nix, could he play in the NBA? Not sure he has the speed for it.
So, who you taking?
Ok, Sparty, time to earn your B10 pay. We are up 4-2 in the B10/ACC Challenge after brilliant performances last night by IU, Minny, UNL and, of course, us. That means we need three more Ws tonight to send the ACC home in tears for the fourth straight year. I figure Wisky (vs. UVA) and Illinois (vs. GT) are near locks being they are the better teams and are playing at home. And PSU without Tim Frazier has L written all over it. I also think OSU is going to have a very difficult time going into Cameron and coming out with anything better than a close L. So that leaves Purdue @ Clemson and MSU @ Miami. What's it gonna be, boy(s)? Can we count on the ol' Izzo magic to pull it all together at just the right time? Or are the fighting Matt Painters (sans Robbie Hummel) our only hope for retaining bragging rights as the top basketball conference for another 12 months?
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports