In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 2514
Online now 1404 Record: 18710 (2/25/2012)
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
I have to rate this a couple of different ways..
Best Stageshow/Crowd Appeal: Flaming Lips and Avenge Sevenfold
Best Musical Performance: Breaking Benjamin/Tool/A Dark New Day/Incubus (A while back)
Best Overall: Tool (Hands down IMO) w/ Breaking Benjamin running 2nd, and Dark New Day about dead even with BB.. I also have to add in Egypt Central.
What say ye tBB?
This post has been edited 4 times, most recently by weGO 23 months ago
"Get in where you fit in." Life is, Too Short TL;DR
I am.sure everyone has heard of all the bands I named except maybe A Dark New Day...
I say use the search function
I've been to prolly over 200 concerts in my lifetime. My best that stands out was in the 90's right after Stone Temple Pilots came out with there 3rd album and was in there prime. I'm looking fwd. to going to this. Got my tix already!!
ROCK ALLEGIANCE 9.1.12 in HERSHEY, PA featuring STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, THREE DAYS GRACE, SEETHER, DAUGHTRY, BUCKCHERRY, FUEL, PUDDLE OF MUDD, REDLIGHT KING, BLACK STONE CHERRY, FOXY SHAZAM, OTHERWISE AND MORE!
Wow yo.. 200+ concerts.. LUCKY!
Very kick a$$.
Thanks for adding .. I am about to check that link out.
I have been lucky enough to attend about 40-50 concerts..
I worked a nightclub where I got bartend for..
Bret Michaels, Fuel, Saliva, Sick Puppies, Saving Abel and a decent host of other good bands.
I am going to make it to 200 concerts one day!
I stoped counting my concerts after 100, I'm nowhere near 200 though.
3. Evanescence: It was the last show on their fallen tour and was in their hometown (Little Rock). Opening acts all sucked but they were amazing! great lights, great sound, and they benefit from me being there on a first date with my girlfriend. Overall a phenominal show.
2. Foo Fighters: I worked all night the night before, got off work, drove four hours to Memphis, and met up with some friends. We went out to eat and by the time the show started I'd been awake 24 hours. Jimmy eat world opened for them and was allright, but the Foo were amazing! they played for over two hours and rocked the place. Afterwards we went back to the Hotel and I found out that someone broke into my truck. even after all of that it was AWESOME!
1. Aerosmith: I've seen the 3 times. Once was horrible, Steven Tyler was so messed up he fell off the stage, another time they were ok. But the first time I saw them it was with Run DMC (a week or two before one of them died), and Kid Rock. DMC and Kid were both good but Aerosmith was amazing. They played for about an hour and a half on the main stage, then walked through the crowd and went onto a second stage that was set up in the grass seats and played their not yet released cd "Honkin on bobo" for about and hour. Then they walked back through the crowd to the main stage and played for another hour plus. To top it all off, it was my little cousins first concert.
Very nice list spcbuzz..
I like all the details you provided.. I feel like I was there with you
I'm looking fwd. to seeing fuel. Love saliva never seen em.
great song bro!!!
I'm not bragging just saying cuz you bring back memories. I seen Aerosmith 7 times. My fav. Aerosmith concert was in 74 when get your wings just came out.
They rocked both that album and 1st album out!!! Seen em right after toy's in attic came out. As well as there later ones. Just something about when you see them in there prime with a hot album that makes it all the better.
U2 at Spartan Stadium
"If you're worried about Wolverine fans, just move to Pasadena. You'll never have to deal with 'em."
And you seen sick puppies? WoW!!!
Got to drink with them on their Tour Bus..
They are kick a$$ personalities.
Bet that was amazing.
Saliva were some strange characters.. but very cool.
Lead singer had his beard braided into a skull.
had to of been epic
Indeed it was..
They were suprisingly humble people, which I really liked about them.
Bret Michaels.. Not so much , although he was at least nice.. His security staff were dicks though.
BM had that brain thingee happen to him right after he left the nightclub I worked at.
1. TOOL - just amazing
2. Ween - High energy, great show @ the Tabernacle, Atlanta folks know this is an awesome place to see a show.
3. Allman Brothers Band - They played Liz Reed, Whipping Post, Jessica, One Way Out, Egypt, basically just an amazing show highlighted with awesome guitar playing.
4. Phish - Last summer, the second night at Encore Park in Alpharetta, GA. There were bad storms coming through that night and when they hit the venue staff was rushing people into the venue and into the pit/pavilion area. The place was packed because all the folks that would've been on the lawn were crammed into the pav area. Two trees were knocked over, the wind was whipping, and rain been blown everywhere, everyone was soaked. They came out and played the first set, but were cut off because it got really bad again. However they came back out for a second set, and finished the show. Not the best musically, but an unbelievable experience with a bad storm rolling through.
5. John McLaughlin, Chick Corea, and the Five Peace Band @ the Variety Playhouse.
Foo Fighters is a good one.
The Tabernacle in the ATL is the shiznit.
with the risk of aging myself, here goes....
the who in cleveland stadium
pink floyd in the shoe
van halen in early 80's a couple times
recently saw the black keys at the joe in detroit, that was good
and for any hair band fans from the 80's poison and ratt (not my faves but hell it was the 80's)
not a huge concert fan but U2 a couple of years ago was awesome
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports