In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 2346
Online now 1590 Record: 18710 (2/25/2012)
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
1. UT- Young Dooley flops and Bobby P makes UT a player in the east day 1.
2. TTech- Young Dooley flops and UT plays it safe by hiring Tubbs who wants back in the SEC so bad he can taste it, insert Bobby P in the B12.
3. Cal- after years of underachievment the recent hires of good offensive coaches in the PAC cause the Bears to make a move for Bobby P to keep pace.
4. KState- the ol man calls it a career...again... and KState is a good restart point for BP.
5. Maryland- they are just about fed up with Edsall and they just lost their starting qb for the year, another terrible year is enough and Bobby P makes a great fit.
6. Notre Dame- Tough schedule makes the Irish look bad and the offense that BK made famous still looks pedestrian so the subway alums get thirsty for some new offensive genius blood.
7. South Carolina- the ol ball coach wins the NC and goes out on top, USCe goes out and gets another good offensive mind.
8. Kentucky- UK cant stand UL having the better in state coach much longer (and UL has the better by a mile now) What better way to dig at the Cards than by hiring their former coach?
9. Texas- Mack Brown slips for yet another year, OU destroys them in the shootout again and the Longhorns get Bobby P.
10. WVU- Holgorsen wins the NC, Mack flops at Texas , Texas gets Holgorsen, Bobby P ends up in Morgantown.
Well, theres my top ten...worth what ya paid for it.
hate it but have to agree - UT needs someone to come in and make a difference right away IF DD doesnt make it .
Great job man and appreciate the detailed breakdown. What record will UT have to have for Coach Dooley to retain his position? You think 7-5 is enough to cut it?
This post was edited by BamaFreak1978 20 months ago
Id say he has to get at least 8
Although I don't see 8 wins for them this year I'll go with your #8 ""Kentucky- UK cant stand UL having the better in state coach much longer (and UL has the better by a mile now) What better way to dig at the Cards than by hiring their former coach? ""
Also....I noticed there was no Ole Miss on your list. What keeps them at bay on this potential transaction?
I wish as OC. That'd be bad ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
they'll be looking for a HC after you guys start off 1-3. he'll be flying in on Lowder's stealth Lear Jet like last time.
I liked the thoughts on kstate , ut is more likely to go after stoops than petrino with his character flaws .
That's just how big a risk factor petrino is , Texas will go for someone clean and media savvy , or a serious all star .. Petrino has neither of these qualities
Agree. However if chiz gets fired first the barn might come knocking.
California would be great for him.
Hippie girls don't want 20K to have sex... buy them LSD.
More good QB's.
Agree with this 1000%
National Director of Scouting & Recruiting Analyst
I definitely think Kentucky would make a play, if their position does open.
Texas Tech - would definitely give him a look, especially with Art Briles and Baylor ascending.
Kentucky - couldn't hire a better coach for how they have to recruit/win than Petrino IMO.
Kansas State - was talking with a friend about this yesterday. Should Coach Snyder retire - this is almost a perfect place for Petrino to return.
Tennessee - I'm guessing he would be on the short list.
This list makes a lot of sense.
I just don't see him going to the west coast. Could be wrong.
I would say UK when they fire Joker after another lack-luster season.
Yes, they would be smart to do that after this season.
Guess this thought wasn't too far off the tracks. Will be interesting to see how the seasons go with the before mentioned prospects because we all know every team that starts off 2-3 will be thrown into the discussion.
Arkansas State when Malzahn goes to Tennessee.
BornToBeRed said: WPS, just a head's up. We might be the most family-friendly board on the network, so take it easy on your normal wps-ness.
Why would Tennessee want a scumbag like Petrino especially after what happened with the Kiffin and Pearl experience? Seriously people.....
1. Dooley sucks.
2. Petrino is a million times better than Dooley.
3. Dooley sucks.
4. UTK isn't exactly an example of an institution with a lot of integrity.
5. Dooley sucks.
Who cares how great Petrino is? He is a known liar.... You really think UT wants another one?
Maybe. I'm sure y'all have some boosters who just wanna win.
They would be split on the hire. It would be another Bruce Pearl hire all over again.... A lot of people would be divided over that.... Hell no on Petrino....
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports