In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 3087
On this Board 106Record: 1310 (3/27/2012)
Online now 3468Record: 18710 (2/25/2012)
We aren't just committed to college football; we're early enrolling in it.
Where the madness isn't just in March.
You have no favorite boards.
Short session tonight. Only two sets of game so was not much to see and gather.
- 2013 Kuran Iverson of Northwest Catholic in Connecticut has a ton of potential did not have his best game. His Long Island Lightening team did get the win however and will play for the U16 Championship in the morning. Iverson has interest from across the country but claimed only one offer from Georgia Tech. He did not know if the new staff still had it on the table though. Iverson only scored eight points in the win over the South Carolina Raptors Elite tonight
- 2013 Jason Boswell also with the Long Island Lightening injured his ankle in an afternoon game and did not participate
- 2014 Kahari Beaufort of East Hartford (CT) is an impressive wing that will be a player to watch over the next few years. He does a good job of getting to the rim with a nice first step and has good vision to find open teammates.
- 2012 point guard Terrell Rodgers of Indian Land (SC) proved tonight that he is likely a mid major guard with a solid showing in a loss against the talented Southern Phenoms. Rodgers is only 5'7 but does a great job of scoring in traffic and can knock down the outside shot. He has garnered some mid major interest but I expect that to pick up over the month of June.
- I really like the play of 2012 wing Fred Thomas from Jackson, MS. Thomas is a deadly sharpshooter that has a quick release and is not afraid to continue shooting if they are not falling. Thomas to me at least is a shorter version of former Bulldog guard Ravern Johnson. Along with being a great shooter Thomas can get off the floor and finish around the rim.
- 2012 post Gavin Ware I thought had a solid night. He is a big bulky center from Starkville and named a top three of Georgetown, Mississippi State and Alabama. He mentioned his family as a reason to stay close to home in Starkville. Right now I think they are in good shape to land the 6'8, 240 big man.
- I also caught up with 2012 combo forward Devonta Pollard. There is no doubt Pollard is one of, if not the top athlete in this class. One dunk tonight his shoulders were above the rim as he hammered it home. I do wonder if Pollard is not better suited for the power forward position right now despite his slender frame. To an extent he reminds me a little of Terrance Jones in the fact that he could step out and take the ball to the rim but is better suited for battling and scoring around the basket. Pollard named Mississippi State, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgetown, Missouri, Kentucky and LSU schools that are showing a lot of interest in him. He did say there was more but he could not think of them. He is pretty wide open and did not seem set on when to make a decision yet.
That wraps up my coverage from the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions. If there are any questions on specific prospects, you can ask them on the board and I will be glad to answer them.
Follow WG on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WillGunter247
Thanks for all the coverage!
mkillian247 on twitter..... I say a lot of stuff you wont care about.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports