VP Debate 2020

VP Debate 2020

• cebubama39161 said... (original post)Scott68 was just speaking of a lack of empathy and right on cue you speak as if the child is the problem that needs a solution.No plan so we s...

It's really not hard. When abortion is once again illegal, there will hundreds of thousands more kids born each and every year. By definition, these will be kids whose mother did not want them, they wanted to abort them, aka unwanted kids. These are kids YOU wanted to save from abortion and YOU succeeded. Now what do we do with all these kids? It's beyond irresponsible of society to not have a plan. That is exactly what you claim was the problem to begin with. The mother was irresponsible and didn't have a plan.

So other than improving the adoption process, what is the plan for all those not fortunate enough to be adopted into these fine, Christian homes that are apparently lined up to adopt black babies hooked on crack or white kids abused by parents who didn't want them in the first place?
  • toojeep said... (original post)It's really not hard. When abortion is once again illegal, there will hundreds of thousands more kids born each and every year. By definition, ...

So TJ --- to keep this as simple as possible.

Which is a better life? Dead before birth. Or birth with a chance at life?

That question is even me conceeding that our plan for these children sucks and we need to do 110% better.

Please answer.

• toojeep said... (original post)It's really not hard. When abortion is once again illegal, there will hundreds of thousands more kids born each and every year. By definition, ...

Why does society have to come up with a plan to save a stupid woman from taking responsibility for her actions?

But to answer your question i would much rather they take more of my money in taxes to provide homes for these

children until adoption is available for them than give it to a baby butcher.

How about we look at ways to improve the adoption process and give assistance to families that truly want children

but maybe are not financially able too. I mean we already give our money to millions of families now who are having

children that cannot afford them.

I am sure there are greater minds than mine that can work something out other than maybe killing the child that

might have cured cancer if he or she wasn't aborted.

• capstonebill said... (original post)So, it sounds like many ITT think that the primary reason women get abortions is the result of laziness or irresponsibility. This ignores the f...

“The condom broke and I was too drunk to consent” isn’t a good excuse for inserting a vacuum into another human being’s head and sucking their brains out. Sorry. Any other stories we should consider? This one didn’t focus group too well.

This post was edited by NashTide 1 month ago

• NashTide said... (original post)“The condom broke and I was too drunk to consent” isn’t a good excuse for inserting a vacuum into another human being’s head and sucking their brai...

It's a perfectly good excuse for a 16 year old girl to go get plan B the next day from the school nurse. Which ideally would be followed up by counseling and education.
  • capstonebill said... (original post)It's a perfectly good excuse for a 16 year old girl to go get plan B the next day from the school nurse. Which ideally would be followed u...

Where did she say she got a Plan B the next day?

• BigDB said... (original post)Where have I called women murderers Where have i suggested women be punished for having an abortion.As Ive stated no less than a dozen times, my probl...

Lets plug these moms that don't feel like they are ready to have a baby into support groups, adoption agencies. Help them find and locate resources in their communities that empower them to be able to keep their children. Help them find better jobs, promote families, promote community. That is the help these women need. Abortion should be the option of last resort and society should work to promote life and hope, not death.

This is a good paragraph. I think pregnant women should know their options and support mechanisms for whichever choice *they* make. It is their choice. They shouldn't be pressured one way or the other.

I would love to see the path for choosing to keep the child given more support whether it's providing a streamlined adoption process and support or if it's comprehensive support for new mothers, especially young, single mother's. But, that costs money and let's not kid ourselves. Republicans traditionally show *very* little interest in what happens to the mother or child as soon as the baby is born. The show even less interest in increasing funding for support services (aka welfare). Democrats have the interest, but are too unorganized and often lack the power to implement substantial support mechanisms.

• 12times said... (original post)For a man who claims to be a follower of Jesus Christ it’s a good thing the Virgin Mary didn’t share your same views bro.

There's a difference between personal religious beliefs and enforcing the law of the land on people with many different religions or no religious beliefs. We aren't living in a theocracy.

• capstonebill said... (original post)There's a difference between personal religious beliefs and enforcing the law of the land on people with many different religions or no re...

Taking the life of another viable human being out of sheer convenience was already on the books, though, up until around 45 years ago. It’s called murder. It didn’t stop being murder just because 51% percent of the people in this country agreed with it or because 5 judges agreed with it.

This isn’t a gay marriage debate where no material harm results because of the decision. Human beings lives are ended (in especially gruesome ways) because of it.

The same group of voters that believe lethally injecting a convicted murderer is cruel and unusual are apparently fine sticking a knife into the back of a fully formed baby’s head and emptying its contents into a plastic bag to get thrown into the trash.

You don’t have to be Billy Graham to think that’s barbaric. You should own it.

• NashTide said... (original post)Where did she say she got a Plan B the next day?

If you are referring to the tweet or other stories posted in one of my posts I don't think they said when during the pregnancy the had the abortion.

~40% of abortions are performed by non surgical methods like taking medication. If you have an issue were the contraceptive breaks or fails then you'll can take emergency contraceptives or medication. That is if you can afford those medications. Which is why you see planned parenthood centers concentrated in areas of poverty. They want to ensure those services are offered to all women regardless of income level.
  • NashTide said... (original post)Taking the life of another viable human being out of sheer convenience was already on the books, though, up until around 45 years ago. It’s called ...

You are referring to late term abortions which are only allowed without restrictions in 7 states as of today. I am against late term abortions in most cases. I'd much rather see those 7 states place restrictions than take away all instances of abortion.
  • capstonebill said... (original post)You are referring to late term abortions which are only allowed without restrictions in 7 states as of today. I am against late term abortions ...

No, Nash actually thinks all abortion involves sucking brains out of skulls or knives being stuck in heads or entire bodies butchered in the womb. Whatever the most horrific thing one can think of because well you know, lying for God is an honorable mission in his view.

Nevermind 90% of abortions occur when the fetus is smaller than a walnut and not close to fully formed.
  • capstonebill said... (original post)If you are referring to the tweet or other stories posted in one of my posts I don't think they said when during the pregnancy the had the ...

Yes, but you implied that it was a morning-after pill when the tweet said nothing to the effect. Her tweet did, however, imply that it was done out of convenience and an abundance of concern for her own future. She said nothing about the baby's future.

If she had gotten an abortion in a parking lot with a coat hanger at 36 weeks, would you have been OK with that? Was it still her right prior to the baby being born?

• toojeep said... (original post)No, Nash actually thinks all abortion involves sucking brains out of skulls or knives being stuck in heads or entire bodies butchered in the womb. W...

Dems: "Not all abortions involve baby-brain-sucking! Only a small percentage! Ignore those!"

Also Dems: "A few rogue cops indicate systemic racism within law enforcement nationally. We must defund the police across the board and start over!"

So...you're perfectly OK with several thousand babies getting their skulls caved in out of sheer convenience and political expedience because it represents less than half of all abortions, but a handful (like...less than 20) of sh*tty cops over-policing when they interact with violent thugs is a national problem that must be addressed.

Sorry. You don't get to have it both ways.

• NashTide said... (original post)Dems: "Not all abortions involve baby-brain-sucking! Only a small percentage! Ignore those!" Also Dems: "A few rogue cops indicate systemic racism ...

Neither do you dude. You can't portray abortion as a procedure where babies are butchered when in the overwhelming, vast majority of cases, no such thing takes place. It's called misrepresentation which you are good at.

Read my view of abortion I posted above and you will see you once again misrepresented my position. I'm all for banning abortion after the first trimester so no I'm not ok with late term abortions, not that you care one iota. All you're interested in is demonizing anyone with a different view than yourself as the personification of evil and/or stupidity. Looking down your nose is an art form for you.

And trying to conflate abortion with police brutality is just pathetic. I know you can do better than that.
  • toojeep said... (original post)Neither do you dude. You can't portray abortion as a procedure where babies are butchered when in the overwhelming, vast majority of cases, no ...

Toojeep; Didn’t Read

• My wife is a sonographer and works for a large OB/GYN group in the area. Had to throw away a brand new pair of tennis shoes recently. A patient came in complaining of abdominal pain and as my wife began scanning, she started bleeding everywhere. Puddles of blood. She went to the bathroom and passed a placenta mass the size of a softball into the toilet. The effects of a recent abortion. The act of terminating the life of a child in the womb and removing it is incredibly invasive and traumatic regardless of religious beliefs. It is hard to believe there are people out there that openly support the practice.

• toojeep said... (original post)Neither do you dude. You can't portray abortion as a procedure where babies are butchered when in the overwhelming, vast majority of cases, no ...

Lots to deconstruct here....

Your logic appears to be that 'in the vast majority of cases, no dismemberment takes place.' Is that your position? Would you apply the same logic to puppies, geriatrics, or anyone else (including police-involved killings)?

To be clear - my position is that if ONE baby gets their skull crushed and their brain drained, that's one too many. Do you agree or disagree?

Regarding your implication that "the vast majority don't involve this," I can't speak to the methods used in what I'd phrase "mid-term" abortions - the period between legitimate fetal development and viability. To be clear, I'm excluding morning after pills, etc. I don't view that as "abortion" in the sense we adopt as a culture. I personally disagree with it, but to be fair I'm excluding it here.

According to the uber-conservative (lulz) Washington Post, 1.3% of abortions occur in the "late-term" between weeks 21-24 and beyond, where the baby is potentially viable outside of it's mother's body. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2019/02/06/tough-questions-answers-late-term-abortions-law-women-who-get-them/)

In 2017, more than 862,000 abortions were documented in the US. Obviously we know this number is higher, as some are performed disreputably and are not documented, but if we use this number, that would mean that more than 11,000 babies that were viable at the term of abortion were killed. (https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2019/09/us-abortion-rate-continues-drop-once-again-state-abortion-restrictions-are-not-main)

How are a majority of late-term abortions performed? Here's how:

"Abortions performed after 20 weeks gestation, when not done by induction of labor (which leads to fetal death due to prematurity), are most commonly performed by dilation and evacuation (D & E) procedures.[1] These particularly gruesome surgical techniques involve crushing, dismemberment and removal of a fetal body from a woman’s uterus, mere weeks before, or even after, the fetus reaches a developmental age of potential viability outside the mother.[2] In some cases, especially when the fetus is past the stage of viability, the abortion may involve administration of a lethal injection into the fetal heart in utero to ensure that the fetus is not pulled out alive or with the ability to survive." (https://lozierinstitute.org/the-reality-of-late-term-abortion-procedures/)

This is gruesome and disgusting.

If you're OK with 11,000 human beings being murdered by having their innocent bodies crushed and sucked out, to the point where a "doctor" goes to great lengths to ensure their heart is stopped to guarantee they stay dead, all because your political party told you to think this way, then YOU are the problem, and YOU don't get to lecture any-damn-body on police brutality, human rights, or anything else.

This post was edited by NashTide 1 month ago

• bamabum5 said... (original post)My wife is a sonographer and works for a large OB/GYN group in the area. Had to throw away a brand new pair of tennis shoes recently. A patient cam...

Absolutely having an abortion is traumatic. Yet people like Nash seem to think a woman tests positive on a pregnancy test, shrugs, runs to the nearest PP clinic, has an abortion and moves on never giving it another thought. Complete nonsense in the vast majority of cases. Most women I've ever heard of or talked to are haunted by the decision. But in their circumstances, felt they had no other choice. It's a tough situation.
  • NashTide said... (original post)Lots to deconstruct here....Your logic appears to be that 'in the vast majority of cases, no dismemberment takes place.' Is that your pos...

user generated

• toojeep said... (original post)Absolutely having an abortion is traumatic. Yet people like Nash seem to think a woman tests positive on a pregnancy test, shrugs, runs to the neare...

Perhaps the celebritards taking victory laps on twitter, talking about how proud they are they decided to have their own baby killed, aren't doing a great service to advance the "we kill babies but we do it very humanely" movement? "My career playing the maid on Two and a Half Men would never have taken off if I hadn't killed my kid and had to raise her instead! Totes worth it!"

Then again, we're like 5 posts into this discussion from you and can't even coax a "look, sucking baby brains out isn't cool" from you.

People who support abortion are moral degenerates. They're also hypocrites.

• NashTide said... (original post)Lots to deconstruct here....Your logic appears to be that 'in the vast majority of cases, no dismemberment takes place.' Is that your position? Wou...

Does the mere mention of abortion make you see red to the point you can't read? I just said I have a problem with late term abortion. I just said if it were up to me personally, I would ban abortion past the first trimester. And with no exception for rape. And I also said regardless of my personal views, there is no excuse for abortion past 20 weeks, except in extreme and rare circumstances where it is medically necessary.

You can keep trying to paint me into the corner you wish me to be in but you keep failing.

• NashTide said... (original post)Yes, but you implied that it was a morning-after pill when the tweet said nothing to the effect. Her tweet did, however, imply that it was done out ...

Personally, I'm in favor of the 20 week standard which is what the majority of states utilize as well.