Transgender rights will destroy female sports...

Transgender rights will destroy female sports...

  • TRANSGENDERS THREATEN FEMALE SPORTS....

    Fair?

    World Net Daily recently published an article[1] titled Female Athletes Crushed By ‘Women Who Were Once Men’. The article documents a number of instances in which biologically male transgenders have been allowed to compete in women’s events and, in some cases, have already begun winning. The two most notable examples are:

    “Transgender weightlifter Laurel Hubbard, who was born a man, won the Australian international women’s competition March 19. Hubbard, 39, lifted 591 pounds, nearly 20 pounds more than the woman who won the silver medal…”

    “Transgender cyclist Jillian Bearden, a 36-year-old biological male and Colorado Springs native, won the women’s division of the El Tour de Tucson in four hours and 26 minutes in November 2016.”...When persons who are biologically male are allowed to compete in women’s sporting events, the biological male will be competing with distinct biological advantages. A biological male who would be a middling finisher in an all-male competition would have a reasonable chance of winning an all-female competition.

    Women and those running all-female competitions and sporting events need to ask themselves whether they are willing to allow other female competitors to be marginalized and prevented from fully succeeding and competing on equal footing with other females – all in support of a social justice agenda.

    Transgender people are less than 1% of the population, so it is not as if biologically male transgenders will be taking up half of women’s sports teams or constitute half of the competitors in a women’s track meet. However, it is certainly possible that biologically male transgenders could start dominating the upper levels of particular female sports or competitions.

    .....And that is not in the best interest of the women who are competing in those events. Some women are beginning to recognize that fact. From the previously mentioned World Net Daily article linked on the first page of this article, referencing the biologically male transgender who won that weightlifting competition:

     

    “Weightlifter Deborah Acason, from the Australian Weightlifting Federation, told 1 News Now she’s concerned about the fairness of [Laurel] Hubbard competing in the women’s division. “We all deserve to be on an even playing field,” Acason said. “It’s difficult when you believe that you’re not. If it’s not even, why are we doing the sport?”

     

    Biologically male transgender weightlifter Laurel Hubbard weighed 131.83kg at the competition and competed in the Female 90+kg class[20] (note Hubbard’s distinct advantage in weight – the other competitors in female 90+ weighed from 90.01kg to 122.81kg). If this biological male transgender had been required to compete against males, Hubbard would not have finished in the top 14 in male 105kg and would have placed last in male 105+kg.

    From the same World Net Daily article in reference to the biologically male transgender who won the cycling race:

    Third-place finisher Suzanne Sonya told Cycling Tips: “I’ll take her on any day, but that’s just me. I’ll take on men, too. I feel bad about saying it, but, no, I do not think it’s fair play, and I question her integrity knowing that she’s going into these events knowing that she is going to be stronger… I’m sure [Bearden] had a rough go at it. It’s very difficult to be transgender. But [when it comes to racing], it’s problematic to me that she [transitioned] only a couple years ago, and has lived 30 years as a man. Regardless of testosterone levels, she’s got muscle memory and a lung capacity that I could never build up. She was a Cat 1 as a male. I could never match a pro man. How fair is that to her female competitors?”

     

    It should be noted that if biologically male transgender cyclist Jillian Bearden had been competing against men, Bearden would have finished MORE THAN TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES behind the third place male finisher. And would have finished in 44th place among men[21].

    WOMEN need to put a stop to this. Biologically male transgenders may choose to live their personal lives in this country as they see fit, but they should not be permitted to compete on an unfair basis in all-female competitions unless ALL female competitors agree to their participation. Those biologically male transgenders are already skewing the results in all-female competitions. No one is saying that biologically male transgenders cannot compete in athletic events.

    Biological male transgenders should be free to compete with other males or in mixed-gender competitions. But there is too much physical difference between males and females for biological males to be allowed to compete in all-female events unless all of the female competitors consent. There is a clear unfair advantage that should not be permitted.

    ...read entire article: https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/04/no_author/transgenders-will-wreck-womens-sports/

  • Discussion
  • Stupidity. 

    Either compete based on your birth gender or create a tranny category.

  • Cry me a river.  If I was an aspiring olympic athlete I darn sure would consider "going girl" because it will be a lot easier to win.  Eventually men will be ubiquitous in so-called "women's" sports.

    Biology plays a larger role than just sex,even among women some are more biologically advantaged than others, this just means those women that would be at the top of that biological ladder no longer are, instead men are.  I don't see a big issue with that though.   I don't see why we need separate women's sports anyway.

  • Hello Title IX? Is that you?

  • They wanted it so.  You cant start singling out trans once you have designated them.  What will you do, set a quota for the number that can enter a certain sport.  Whats next a quota system for blacks in sports?  Too late to put the genie back now.  You wanted it so, you got it.  

  • Make a Tranny category. But of course they will ***** because they identify as a women.

  • I've really enjoyed keeping up with Auburn's softball team of late. I suppose it is, in large part, because I once had a daughter who played for a few years (not nearly at this level) and it reminds me of her games and practices and how much fun with hadwith all that. 

    If tranny's could play as women, I would lose all interest.

  • Being a girl and wanting to be girly aren't the same thing.

    If I want to identify as a 7' tall man, I can always wear stilts...

  • Forget the transgender designation, we are being told that merely "identifying" as female is sufficient to being female. Denying it is a form of oppression. At some point some guy will just declare himself female and at that point they will have to deal with this.

  • Tiger82 wrote: I've really enjoyed keeping up with Auburn's softball team of late. I suppose it is, in large part, because I once had a daughter who played for a few years (not nearly at this level) and it reminds me of her games and practices and how much fun with had with all that.

    If tranny's could play as women, I would lose all interest.

    Soon spuat will get tired of Auburn winning in softball and field an all tranny / roided up team.


  • tunacan wrote:

    Forget the transgender designation, we are being told that merely "identifying" as female is sufficient to being female. Denying it is a form of oppression. At some point some guy will just declare himself female and at that point they will have to deal with this.

    AURaptor The OPPRESSOR !! 






    So let it be written...
  • Just wait until the Olympics roll around...

  • That post confirms that you really are a complete idiot. Congrats..


    ---------------------------------------------
    --- auburn2 wrote:

    Cry me a river.  If I was an aspiring olympic athlete I darn sure would consider "going girl" because it will be a lot easier to win.  Eventually men will be ubiquitous in so-called "women's" sports.

    Biology plays a larger role than just sex, even among women some are more biologically advantaged than others, this just means those women that would be at the top of that biological ladder no longer are, instead men are.  I don't see a big issue with that though.   I don't see why we need separate women's sports anyway.



    ---------------------------------------------

  • You are confusing cause and effect here.

    Genetics determies why some people of both sexes are stronger or faster than others of the same sex. Biology is the reason women have less muscle mass and less aerobic capacity than men. Consideration of this biological reality is why sports are often segregated by sexual classification: men have an inborn advantage over women in athletic competition.  

    Whether this is a legimate reason to segregate athletic competition by the sexes is a seperate issue altogether.  The whole point of the article is that many "transgender" men feel as you do and have no qualms in using the acceptance of their insanity to their advantage in athletic competition. 

     

    auburn2 wrote:

    Cry me a river.  If I was an aspiring olympic athlete I darn sure would consider "going girl" because it will be a lot easier to win.  Eventually men will be ubiquitous in so-called "women's" sports.

    Biology plays a larger role than just sex, even among women some are more biologically advantaged than others, this just means those women that would be at the top of that biological ladder no longer are, instead men are.  I don't see a big issue with that though.   I don't see why we need separate women's sports anyway.

     


  • tunacan wrote:

    Tiger82 wrote: I've really enjoyed keeping up with Auburn's softball team of late. I suppose it is, in large part, because I once had a daughter who played for a few years (not nearly at this level) and it reminds me of her games and practices and how much fun with had with all that.

    If tranny's could play as women, I would lose all interest.

    Soon spuat will get tired of Auburn winning in softball and field an all tranny / roided up team.

    I saw their softball team on the news the other night, and it already looks like every member could graze

  • auburn2 wrote:

    Cry me a river.  If I was an aspiring olympic athlete I darn sure would consider "going girl" because it will be a lot easier to win.  Eventually men will be ubiquitous in so-called "women's" sports.

    Biology plays a larger role than just sex, even among women some are more biologically advantaged than others, this just means those women that would be at the top of that biological ladder no longer are, instead men are.  I don't see a big issue with that though.   I don't see why we need separate women's sports anyway.

    Yes, by all means, take the easy way even if it means claiming mental illness ("gender dysphoria") and denying others a level playing field.  rolleyes
  • I thought female sports were killing female sports?

     

    I kid I kid

  • LocalTiger wrote:

    Just wait until the Olympics roll around...

    You mean the East German women's team is making a comeback?

  • This whole topic makes me think
    Of
    The movie ladybugs with Rodney dangerfield. Where at end all boys softball team shows up to compete against girls teams. What is gonna stop college f ok not recruiting these people.


  • lepidusvilla wrote:
    Tiger82 wrote: Stupidity. 

    Either compete based on your birth gender or create a tranny category.

    First, is there a need for that word? Evenif you disagree with their ideology using slurs makes your position weaker.

    Second the simple solution would be to eliminate the rules that prevent women from competing in men's athletics then it would be easy to see the equality of women and men.

    Wait, I am just being told that in professional sports there are no such rules and there are only rules against men competing in the women's leagues. Now I am completely confused.

    Not a slur, but rather a value judgement, like the one you made about my position. I'll stick with it, thank you.
  • cmatt wrote:
    auburn2 wrote:

    Cry me a river.  If I was an aspiring olympic athlete I darn sure would consider "going girl" because it will be a lot easier to win.  Eventually menwill be ubiquitous in so-called "women's" sports.

    Biology plays a larger role than just sex, even among women some are more biologically advantaged than others, this just means those women that would be at the top of that biological ladder no longer are, instead men are.  I don't see a big issue with that though.   I don't see why we need separate women's sports anyway.

    Yes, by all means, take the easy way even if it means claiming mental illness ("gender dysphoria") and denying others a level playing field.  rolleyes

    The very existence of women's sports denies people a level playing field.  For example there should be one track team at Auburn.  If women are fast enough to make the one team great.  If men beat them out there is no reason they should have a separate category created just because they aren't fast enough.  Same with BBall - one BBall team, if you are good enoughthen play regardless of your gender.

    I was pretty fast when I was at AU.  Not fast enough to run on the men's team but fast enough to outrun many of the women on the women's track team at races of 800m or more.  You say you want a "level playing field", I was faster than many of them but I could not run at AU and they could.  That is not a level playing field.

    What this will do is destroy women's sports and make it an actual level playing field.

     

     

  • My senior year in high school I met one of AU's womens bball players in the old Barn. A pickup game ensured, followed by a one-on-one contest. Probably my teenage, non-socially correct mouth started it, I don't know. Now, I liked playing pickup basketball in the various AU gyms and had done so for years, but I did not play for my high school team, nor did I in any way have the skills to do so. I don't remember AU women's bball being anything special in those pre-Ciampi days, but she was on the team, or so she said, and she certainly knew how to play bball. 

    I was reluctant to play her, but she insisted. The game got kind of heated because she really wanted to beat me and I really didn't want to lose to her. I won. Not because I was a better shot or had better basketball skills -- I didn't -- but because I was a few inches taller, could jump higher. was quicker, definitely faster, and definitely stronger. It wasn't skill, it was just physical strength basically and enough sense to know that I couldback her up next to the basket and shoot over her.

    I got no pleasure out of winning, in large part because she was kind of cute and I blew any chance I had. 

    If having separate athletic programs is logically discriminatory, fine. I'll chance it. If a female is good enough to make it in a male's game, good for her, let her play. You don't mix t-ballers in with 11-year-old little league players. Let them compete, shoot, encourage them to compete, but let them compete within a group of similarly endowed competitors where there is enough chance of success to keep them interested. You can get drama in sports at any skill level. Shoot, some of the most memorable games I have ever watched were my daughter's 11-13 year old church league softball games. 

    Have a tranny league if necessary. Not sure how much support it will get, but whatever.

  • www.theblaze.com/news/2017/02/...ing-tournament/

    I
     dont know what parent in their "right mind" would give their adolescent kid testosterone??!! eek1
  • What will happen in this scenario? A man decides to be a "girl" and competes in the Olympics, wins a couple of gold medals and then a couple years later decides "she" really is a man and goes back to being himself. Does the IOC let him keep the medals? Do they demand that they be returned and then give them to the 2nd place competitor? Vacate the win totally and discard the medals?

     

    TigerMax

  • What idiocy this is.  And some people defend it? ohlord

  • auburn2 wrote:

    The very existence of women's sports denies people a level playing field.  For example there should be one track team at Auburn.  If women are fast enough to make the one team great.  If men beat them out there is no reason they should have a separate category created just because they aren't fast enough.  Same with BBall - one BBall team, if you are good enough then play regardless of your gender.

     

    Most people understand that grouping sports based on things like age and gender make sense in terms of keeping the sports competitive while allowing more people to participate.  

    Not many 5 year olds are going to make the varsity team, for example.  

    But if you want those 5 year olds to learn the game you can let them compete against each other and they'll gain the benefit of the sport and have the opportunity to participate and hone their skills against reasonable competition.

    This is just you trying to be outrageous again.