2019-20 CSF Basketball Roster

2019-20 CSF Basketball Roster

• 2019-20 Cal State Fullerton Men's Basketball Roster

2019-20 Cal State Fullerton Men's Basketball Roster

Read more

Doesn't appear to be officially released yet so here it is in case they take the link down:

• Discussion
  • When is Vincent Lee eligible to play?

• What is the story on Joshua Jones Jr.? He looks impressive on paper.

• Jaren 'Stix' Johnson & Josh Jones Jr. gave...

Harvard-Westlake vs Lynwood Full Game Recap at Ryse Williams Pac Shores Tourney! C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsciKj49r7o

With his height, looks like he has some nice upside. Likes to pass, so possible point guard? Not sure I liked the way he handled the ball at the end of this game though. And his defense looks a little sloppy but nothing that can't be fixed. I like the signing, or maybe he is a walk-on, either way a nice addition to the roster.

One thing this team lacks is height. No one over 6-9 but we certainly have had much smaller with some very successful teams so not too worried. Team could really use an up-tempo offense but need shooters for that and not sure we have that ability.

• Here's another video:

St. Anthony closes out on a high note! Jad...

St. Anthony vs Lynwood full game recap at the Ryse Williams Pac Shores Tourney. Contact/Follow us T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-RWwfxv3xM

• Burtonin2012 said... (original post)

What is the story on Joshua Jones Jr.? He looks impressive on paper.

Cameron Carter looks like a shooter. Our new assistant coaches must have known about him from their time in Reno.

Joshua Jones is all potential. It looks like a nice late addition. He is another tall wing with impressive guard skills. He appears aggressive on both ends of the court and fearless offensively. He may be able to find an expansive role next year if not this year. Cameron and him would make practce competitive and fun to watch.

• Coach Taylor and David Carter (Cameron’s father) were both assistant coaches together at Nevada. David would eventually become head coach in 2009.

• I've decided to watch some highlight tapes of our incoming class and this kid Emmanuel Taban's talent jumps off the screen. It's now evident why he was offered scholarships from Texas Tech and Kansas State. Kudos to our coaches for recruiting this kid, I'm anxious to see if his talents transfer and evolves playing D-1 hoops.

Taban CAN shoot, it seems that's the best part of his offensive game. With his height and length, it looks like he can get a shot off against nearly anyone guarding him from the perimeter. He handles the ball really well for someone 6'7 and looks comfortable shooting from anywhere on the floor.

His defense is probably what will get him on the court sooner than other freshmen. He uses his long arms really well and seemingly can blanket who he is guarding without unnecessary fouls. Of course, this is a highlight tape and it's hard to see a player's flaws when all of their good plays are merged together in a video, however, I think we got a bonified stud in Taban. Hopefully, he can gain a little more strength and come in and contribute immediately.

Is it November yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyv8M_UMK08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlYz34QNYF8

This post was edited by MrMcLean89 2 months ago

• MrMcLean89 said... (original post)

I've decided to watch some highlight tapes of our incoming class and this kid Emmanuel Taban's talent jumps off the screen. It's now evident why he was offered scholarships from Texas Tech and Kansas State. Kudos to our coaches for recruiting this kid, I'm anxious to see if his talents transfer and evolves playing D-1 hoops.

Taban CAN shoot, it seems that's the best part of his offensive game. With his height and length, it looks like he can get a shot off against nearly anyone guarding him from the perimeter. He handles the ball really well for someone 6'7 and looks comfortable shooting from anywhere on the floor.

His defense is probably what will get him on the court sooner than other freshmen. He uses his long arms really well and seemingly can blanket who he is guarding without unnecessary fouls. Of course, this is a highlight tape and it's hard to see a player's flaws when all of their good plays are merged together in a video, however, I think we got a bonified stud in Taban. Hopefully, he can gain a little more strength and come in and contribute immediately.

Is it November yet?

I have been watching videos of other incoming BW players, this is the best high school recruiting class in the conference. I am not even including Vicent Lee who is also a freshman. Definitely the best in CDT regime. One can argue for Ahmad-Allman-Smith recruiting class but they're well-motivated, hardworking group of overachievers. I think this group can get a few titles in a couple of years.

• MrMcLean89 said... (original post)

Thanks for posting. Another player with a lot of potential. Hopefully he is close to the listed 6'7". Models his game after Kevin Durant. He has the tools and he does have a nice shooting stroke.

• LongTusk said... (original post)

I have been watching videos of other incoming BW players, this is the best high school recruiting class in the conference. I am not even including Vicent Lee who is also a freshman. Definitely the best in CDT regime. One can argue for Ahmad-Allman-Smith recruiting class but they're well-motivated, hardworking group of overachievers. I think this group can get a few titles in a couple of years.

You had me until you mentioned Smith. Lol. I agree, this class, overall and including Lee (How can you not include him?), is the best in the CDT era and it's really not close. Certainly don't expect miracles but I do expect to be much better than most people think.

• MrMclean. me too, I like Emmanuel Taban...a lot. If there is anything negative that can be said about him, it may be that his body is not ready for the physicality of D1. Let's admit, among the freshmen he played in the least intense league and for the better part part he played in the perimeter where he leveraged his length in the most productive and impressive way. I think it is fine if he is going to be playing exclusively against younger shooting guards but it would help his versatility if he can add 15 lbs more of muscle to that frame.

• I think the coaching staff should try to find that Pitts guy that we saw against CSUN at Northridge and bring him back. If we have that guy in a significant role then we have a solid front court rotation with Rowe, Lee, Wang and Pitts plus Clare...not bad against the best in the Big West.

Pitts is the key because front court depth means Bradley and Taban would get minutes exclusively as guards and if Pitts is consistently like that guy at Northridge, maybe we can even see Rowe become a good wing player.

• Roster is now official, or at least it's linked from the official "Roster" link. 16 Players. Anyone care to guess which three are not on scholarship?

2019-20 Cal State Fullerton Roster

This post was edited by BreakingTitan 2 months ago

• Torres, Jones, Carter.

• RMuser said... Torres, Jones, Carter.

hmm, I'm not sure about Jones as he looks too good to be a walk-on. I am going to guess Torres, Carter and Venzant.

• Venzant signed an NLI in November 2016. So for him to now be a walk-on, it means they took his scholarship away. I don’t think he’d stick around if they did that. I guessed Torres, Jones and Carter because they were never announced as recruits in a school press release.

This post was edited by RMuser 2 months ago

• You are probably right but if they got Jones to walkon more power to CDT and staff. Let's hope this is indeed the final roster and we don't have any surprises as far as players leaving the team.

• They probably added an addendum to Venzant's Scholy to drink more milk so he'll heal better and faster. flex

He's one guy I'm hungry to see at full strength and stay durable the rest of his stay here. And I still say that late in the game foul called on him at Cal was SUCH a BS Homer call that cost us the win.

Given ALL the new guys coaching ranks on down, it would be so nice if they had a meet and greet for us grass roots fans. Maybe a pre B&W scrimmage chalk talk to formally introduce the new coaches and they can talk about what to watch out for from the new guys that afternoon.

This post was edited by dahozzman 2 months ago

• I am excited to see what Austen Awosika and Davon Clare had been focusing on this summer. Austen is noticeably bigger but Davon really put on another layer of muscles.

• The FullertonTitans roster is missing a name now: it's down to 15 players. A technological glitch? Did a walk-on walk off? Was 16 too many mouths to feed? Inquiring Titan fans want to know.

• eleFANtitus said... The FullertonTitans roster is missing a name now: it's down to 15 players. A technological glitch? Did a walk-on walk off? Was 16 too many mouths to feed? ...

Ugh. Yup, that was too good to be true. Really liked that signing.

This post was edited by BreakingTitan 2 months ago

• Me too, I was really surprised we got Joshua Jones Jr. to walk-on. I'm hoping it's just a error on the website. On his twitter it still reads "Cal State Fullerton 6'7" PG"

https://twitter.com/joshjr_2019?lang=en

This post was edited by MrMcLean89 2 months ago

• Ouch, that sucks. I really like him. Sounds like a good kid who's excited to be part of the program. The talent is there, no question about it. With two weeks before move in, it may have been just a summer class or two that they needed. Maybe he can rejoin the team after the fall sem.

Other BW teams have similar problem. UCSB's 4-star transfer M Norris may have failed to meet transfer requirements and LB Shrieks 7-foot center T Irish is still working on his summer grades.

• Good news, leaving Joshua Jones Jr. off of the official roster looks like it was a technical issue. I just checked again and he is listed on the roster and will be wear Kyle's old number #0.

The new, updated rosters lists all players and what number they will be wearing this season.

https://fullertontitans.com/sports/m-baskbl/2019-20/roster

Another kudos to CDT and staff for getting a 3-star athlete to walk-on.

Here's a video of the team training, which was posted on the team's twitter yesterday.

https://twitter.com/FullertonMBB/status/1161061724574773248

• That’s really good news if he sticks. Do you know for a fact he’s walking on? I still find it hard to believe he is really a walk on. He just looks too good for that. 6-6 PGs are hard to find and with his potential can’t wait to see if the eye test is real or not.