CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament (CIT)

CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament (CIT)

• http://fullertontitans.com/sports/m-baskbl/2018-19/releases/2019031816tex0?fbclid=IwAR1Nn2xZlWYyMpgCprkNZ_SPkHji85cOepNyHh9NeJqpb-Lqo1ta81jKh-E

FULLERTON, Calif. – Cal State Fullerton men's basketball has accepted an invitation to play in the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament (CIT), marking the program's third straight postseason berth. Head coach Dedrique Taylor's squad will host the Riley Wallace Classic Game on Thursday at 7 p.m. PT against CSU Bakersfield as the first round of the CIT.

The Titans own an overall record of 16-17 on the year and went 10-6 in Big West action to take third place in the league standings. The team then advanced to the final of the Big West Tournament final for the second straight year but fell to UC Irvine.

"We wanted to give our fans at least one more chance to watch this team at Titan Gym," athletics director Jim Donovan said. "Especially our seniors that have done so much for the program. But, this is also great experience for the entire team and only helps the program going forward."

Fullerton had the No. 17 ranked non-conference strength of schedule in the country this year as the team. The Titans played just four non-conference home games and squared off against five teams that qualified for the NCAA Tournament in UC Irvine, Arizona State, Saint Mary's (CA), UCF and Washington.

This is the ninth time overall and third straight postseason berth for the Titans.

Seniors Kyle Allman, Jr. and Khalil Ahmad are the most prolific scoring duo in program history. Both of them are in the top five in career points as Ahmad is third with 1,748 points while Allman is fifth at 1,667 points. Junior forward Jackson Rowe just became the 26th Titan to score 1,000 career points as he now has 1,009 during his tenure at CSF.

As a thank you to loyal Titan fans, ALL CSUF students and season ticket holders will receive FREE entry to the game.

Tickets for Thursday's CIT game will go on sale on Monday, March 18 at 10:00am PST.

Seating in Titan Gym for the CIT will be General Admission – first come / first serve, with the exception of the Courtside Seats. Fans must have a Courtside Ticket to sit Courtside.

CIT Ticket Prices:

Courtside (Floor Seats) - $25

Adult – General Admission - $15

Senior (65+) – General Admission - $10

Youth (8th grade and under) - General Admission - $5

2018-19 Titans Basketball Season Ticket holders will be contacted by the Athletics Ticket Office tomorrow with additional ticket information as it pertains to their season seats.

For more information, please contact the Athletics Ticket Office at 657-278-2783

• Discussion
  • Well, well, well. Donovan continues in his pulling rabbits out of hats ways.

Excellent.

Bakersfield is very very beatable having lost their last 6 in a row including 1st round loss in the WAC tournament. Reason for optimism it will be more than one more game for WAAAR to do their thing, the parents to get a little more enjoyment in their son's journey, and us fans to have the same.

This post was edited by dahozzman 7 months ago

• Surprising news.

• Can our seniors get up for a CIT run or have they mentally checked out?

• shopperman said... (original post)

Can our seniors get up for a CIT run or have they mentally checked out?

It could be argued (not by me, of course) that KAj already checked out with his NBA tryout adventure last year, given the lack of substantial progression and inconsistency this year.

Hoping this wasn't just a unilateral decision by the AD and saw a hearty buy-in from the players.

• mmaui said... (original post)

It could be argued (not by me, of course) that KAj already checked out with his NBA tryout adventure last year, given the lack of substantial progression and inconsistency this year.

Hoping this wasn't just a unilateral decision by the AD and saw a hearty buy-in from the players.

I would expect Kyle would want to excel leading the team to post season wins to show he can be that unselfish leader to pro scouts watching.

Regardless, I'm just glad we get this one or more chance to see he, Khalil and Dom play before they graduate off into the Titan Sunset. Noted, only one other west coast team in the CIT (Seattle U). So Thursday might be the only chance to do that.

This post was edited by dahozzman 6 months ago

• Northridge is also in CIT I believe.

• shopperman said... (original post)

Northridge is also in CIT I believe.

Nope, CBI

• The excitement in here about tonight's Riley Wallace Classic is palpable!

Just to remind everyone: Your No. 17 (nonconference strength of schedule) Titans take on future Big West rival CS Bakersfield at 7 p.m.

The Titans are looking to avenge their 2017 loss in this same prestigious annual postseason shootout.

• Embarrassing is all I can say.

• The 1st half sick frustrated censored Seemed only Rowe wanted to be there.

The Second Half we looked like ourselves again, but it was like walking half way to a doorway, half way again, and again and so on so just never got through.

About as disappointed as I've been for a long time leaving a Titan game.

But the free food was good.

This post was edited by dahozzman 6 months ago

• It was a fitting end to the season. Is there anything to look forward to next year?

• TitanMike said... (original post)

It was a fitting end to the season. Is there anything to look forward to next year?

Maybe a timeout during a freefall?

• The program needs to add an associate coach who can recruit, develop and coach big men. The league is changing and CDT's dogma with a four-guard lineup is going to relegate the program to the bottom.

UCI, UCSB and Hawaii will be really good, again. CSUN is probably going to be good with Diane. Even Riverside's young team is a year more mature.

I hope Josh Pitts and Amel Kuljuhovic learned something from sitting.

• I liked the energy that Jackson, Smith And Clare brought last night. I think next years team will be more high effort/blue color/workhorse team. Clare and Smith need to work on offense over the summer. I will miss Kyle, Khalil and their 35 points. Will Wayne step up? Stay tuned.

• Overheard at CSUB vs CSF Game: "How do you go from scoring 94 points on the road against ASU to scoring 16 points in the first half at home against Bakersfield?"

Great question. Did we peak the first game of the year? A game we should have won if not for some questionable substitutions?

We started the season with high expectations and ended the season playing some of our worst basketball seen in years. Whoever is running that offense needs to be fired.

Awosika, as it turns out, was the key. When he started playing well, so did we. He was unstoppable during one stretch and then something happened and he got less time and then we reverted to what lost us so many of of early season games.

I'm guessing there is a lot of off-court issues as a team doesn't go from the NCAA Tournament to what we saw last night. Not optimistic that whatever cancer is in that locker room will be gone next season.

• BreakingTitan said... (original post)

I'm guessing there is a lot of off-court issues as a team doesn't go from the NCAA Tournament to what we saw last night. Not optimistic that whatever cancer is in that locker room will be gone next season.

A cancer might be a bit of an exaggeration but it sure was a disappointing season. Nice try, but the CIT was a big waste of money on a team that didn't care in the first half and just couldn't dig itself out of the embarrassing hole it created for itself.

• BreakingTitan said... (original post)

Overheard at CSUB vs CSF Game: "How do you go from scoring 94 points on the road against ASU to scoring 16 points in the first half at home against Bakersfield?"

Great question. Did we peak the first game of the year? A game we should have won if not for some questionable substitutions?

We started the season with high expectations and ended the season playing some of our worst basketball seen in years. Whoever is running that offense needs to be fired.

Awosika, as it turns out, was the key. When he started playing well, so did we. He was unstoppable during one stretch and then something happened and he got less time and then we reverted to what lost us so many of of early season games.

Awosika has not been himself for a month or so. He has not been closing out on shooters, and he has seemed like he is just going through the motions. I don't think he is the cancer, but it seems that the cancer has got to him.