CSUF Master Plan Updates

CSUF Master Plan Updates

• https://www.ocregister.com/2019/09/06/proposed-cal-state-fullerton-master-plan-calls-for-6000-seat-event-center-but-no-changes-to-arboretum/

OC Register Article on Campus Master Plan updates.

Could the Historic Titan Gym be replaced by new 6,000 seat events center?

• Discussion
  • Check this out. Click on the link below and then scroll down to the second to last page (21/22) titled Campus Future: 3D Massing. That purple box is where the 6,000-seat events center would be located.

http://masterplan.fullerton.edu/files/CMP_Preferred_Option-8.19.pdf

• That would be good :). I wonder what a likely timeline would be if approved?

• Burtonin2012 said... That would be good :). I wonder what a likely timeline would be if approved?

It's listed as part of the last Phase of 4. So not anytime soon.

My observation, where the tennis courts are currently is being displaced for additional housing as part of Phase 2. Where are they building replacement courts?

• This all seems great. My first thought was if we can't fill HTTG how can we put people in a 6,000 seat gym. However, as a great Titan alum once said "If you build it, they will come."

• Build it....Recruit......They will come. Well if they ever fix the streets that is. Nothing like a thorned path to the palace...

• I think the plan to build more dorms and the new rec center would help recruiting and fix the student attendance. Many of the current students just don't want to be in a lesser historic venue in this age of instagram.

• Lets dream a little here. In our lifetimes we could see a 6000 fan sell-out home game at NHTTA (non historic Tropical Titan Arena). For this to happen we would need to see Titan Basketball become the premiere program in the Big West. Probably the second best program in Southern California. I'm up for a dream like that.

• LongTusk said... I think the plan to build more dorms and the new rec center would help recruiting and fix the student attendance. Many of the current students just don't want ...

Preach