Depth Chart

Depth Chart

• PG Austen Awosika. Daniel Venzant

SG Wayne Arnold Brandon Kamga Davon Clare

PF Jackson Rowe Johnny Wang Vincent Lee Josh Pitts Davon Clare

• Discussion
  • You're missing several guys and a couple of positions.

• Well com'on Kirk - fill in the blanks.....Who, what position, where there from and what you expect...lol

• I anticipate our 2019-2020 depth chart will look something like this:

PG: Awosika - Venzant - Bradley

G: Arnold - TSA - Bradley - Mojus (Redshirt)

G: Kamaga - Clare - Taban - Bradley

F: Rowe - Lee - Clare

C: Wang - Pitts

Not a bad squad all together. I'm eager to see if the team will improve without having to rely on Kyle and Khalil to score the majority of buckets. Hopefully our teams output is more balanced, getting more players involved. I'm expecting Awosika to have a big season, Rowe should avg close to a double-double as well.

With that said, on paper it looks like UCSB has the best talent coming into this season. 5-star recruit Miles Norris, 4-star JC transfer Roberto Gittens and a 3-star 6-10 big man will be on their campus this coming season. With that said, I still like our chances.

This post was edited by MrMcLean89 4 months ago

• Balanced indeed. But there always needs to be that "go to guy". Who will be stepping up to that role?

Stay tuned. .

• MrMcLean89 said... (original post)

I anticipate our 2019-2020 depth chart will look something like this:

PG: Awosika - Venzant - Bradley

G: Arnold - TSA - Bradley - Mojus (Redshirt)

G: Kamaga - Clare - Taban - Bradley

F: Rowe - Lee - Clare

C: Wang - Pitts

Not a bad squad all together. I'm eager to see if the team will improve without having to rely on Kyle and Khalil to score the majority of buckets. Hopefully our teams output is more balanced, getting more players involved. I'm expecting Awosika to have a big season, Rowe should avg close to a double-double as well.

With that said, on paper it looks like UCSB has the best talent coming into this season. 5-star recruit Miles Norris, 4-star JC transfer Roberto Gittens and a 3-star 6-10 big man will be on their campus this coming season. With that said, I still like our chances.

Really nice, MrMcclean.

UCSB's Norris will have to redshirt this season so the BW would not have to worry about him yet. Still,they probably do not need him to dominate. Gittens can really shoot lights out and he is an underrated passer who can be the assists leader in the league if he wants it. The way to stop him is to deny him the ball or force him to dribble, I think it is a weakness to his game. And then the Oklahoma grad transfer is a solid big in the paint who can shoot 3"s like a guard like UCI's Welp. I think he is good enough to start on any team in the BW.

• dahozzman said... (original post)

Balanced indeed. But there always needs to be that "go to guy". Who will be stepping up to that role?

Stay tuned. .

That guy should be Jackson Rowe but I am not sure he had the mentality or attitude for it. This is his team now.

• LongTusk said... (original post)

That guy should be Jackson Rowe but I am not sure he had the mentality or attitude for it. This is his team now.

I agree. I really like Jackson's game and I feel he can be much better than his numbers show, but it seems he's reserved to being a do it all, unselfish player, instead of using his skills to dominate offensively.

I think our "go to guy" will be either Arnold or TSA, because of their mentality. Arnold didn't shoot well his freshman year, but he has good form and a smooth release. His fearless offensively mentality can hurt us greatly or help us. I'm pretty sure it'll be the latter. He's not afraid to put the ball up, and sometimes that's what's needed instead of extra passes that often lead to turnovers.

TSA has played internationally for Puerto Rico and has seemed like a true stud from watching his film. His athleticism reminds me of KJ, but he comes in as a better prospect than KJ was his freshman year and should be a better defender as well.

I also really like Doctor Bradley's versatility and length, I doubt he'll have a huge impact his freshman year but he and Taban should have a very bright future. Taban defense is impressive and he shoots better than I expected him too. (on film)

Of course this is all speculation but with CDT at the helm, two new coaches from a good D-1 program, and without undeserving player taken up relevant minutes this team should be fun to watch.

• If Lee is healthy I just don't see him not starting. Of course Rowe and Awosika are starting as well. Arnold is likely the fourth starter and that leaves either another guard (likely) or Wang as the fifth.

Agree, should be a lot of fun now that we aren't required to play certain players. I would like to see a more uptempo team, but that's wishful thinking.

The key to competing for a BW title will be the development of Awosika and if he has decided to revamp that shot. Needs a complete overhaul. Allman should have done it so hopefully Awosika saw that and he committed during the off-season. Awosika of last season will be fine but a better shooting point guard would help us tremendously.

• BreakingTitan said... (original post)

If Lee is healthy I just don't see him not starting. Of course Rowe and Awosika are starting as well. Arnold is likely the fourth starter and that leaves either another guard (likely) or Wang as the fifth.

Agree, should be a lot of fun now that we aren't required to play certain players. I would like to see a more uptempo team, but that's wishful thinking.

The key to competing for a BW title will be the development of Awosika and if he has decided to revamp that shot. Needs a complete overhaul. Allman should have done it so hopefully Awosika saw that and he committed during the off-season. Awosika of last season will be fine but a better shooting point guard would help us tremendously.

I have no doubt whatsoever that Brandon Kamga would be a starter or he would be like a Khalil Ahmad from the bench. CDT liked doing that some. Anyway, I would even put Kamga ahead of Arnold in the rotation but, like MrMclean said, we are going to need WA aggressive and fearless help us or hurt us mentality even more.

• So I have tried to write this post a couple of times, but once I put down a name I want to add another name, and there can only be five players on the court at once. I just don't see an obvious choice other than Jackson Rowe.

Wayne Arnold can make himself the best player on the team if he starts the season well. He showed flashes of that 3.3 star rating he came in with last year. If not, I think he will be pushed by Tory San Antonio for playing time.

By mid-season I believe that Emmanuel Taban will have most of Davon Clare's playing time. Once Vince Lee is healthy, I don't see Johnny Wang and Josh Pitts getting more than 20 minutes of combine time per game.

The main question mark for me is Doctor Bradley. He has holes in his game, but last year's coaches were stoked about his upside. If he matures quickly he will take some minutes from Austin Awosika.

In looking at the roster as a whole, this is the deepest team I have seen at CSUF in many years. It is also the most well rounded team by position. With so many young players, we will just keep getting better all season long. I'm excited!

• SoCalTitanJ said... (original post)

So I have tried to write this post a couple of times, but once I put down a name I want to add another name, and there can only be five players on the court at once. I just don't see an obvious choice other than Jackson Rowe.

Wayne Arnold can make himself the best player on the team if he starts the season well. He showed flashes of that 3.3 star rating he came in with last year. If not, I think he will be pushed by Tory San Antonio for playing time.

By mid-season I believe that Emmanuel Taban will have most of Davon Clare's playing time. Once Vince Lee is healthy, I don't see Johnny Wang and Josh Pitts getting more than 20 minutes of combine time per game.

The main question mark for me is Doctor Bradley. He has holes in his game, but last year's coaches were stoked about his upside. If he matures quickly he will take some minutes from Austin Awosika.

In looking at the roster as a whole, this is the deepest team I have seen at CSUF in many years. It is also the most well rounded team by position. With so many young players, we will just keep getting better all season long. I'm excited!

To me, the most intriguing newcomer is Doc Bradley. If you got the chance to watch his highlight videos from his junior year and summer games, all the things that he was able to do effortlessly with his length and athleticism, it was hard not to share the excitement felt by the coaching staff. I thought he could be our Lamine Diane. Watch the highlights and you can make the comparison.

His junior HS stats were actually less than impressive. They're not bad but considering that he played in average league on ave team, I did not think the stats matched the tall player with impressive guard skills.

I considered to factor maturity and physical conditioning, I was hoping that his final year in high school would bring out more after a good summer league with Cal Supreme. But then injury forced him from most of his Sr. Campaign. It is hard to tell how much better he is now.

I think what would earn him a bigger role on this year's team would depend on how quickly he could adjust to D1 and unlearn some of the HS stuff..things like trying to beat two defenders, dribble around more seasoned guards,etc. This team has many guards who can compete for minutes. I think he has more upside than Tory but he has better basketball fundamentals from what I know.