Cast a vote for Wilson

Cast a vote for Wilson

  • Cast Your Vote!

    FULLERTON, Calif. – Cal State Fullerton senior forward Rebecca Wilson has been nominated as 1-of-33 of the nation's top women's college soccer players for the 2015 Soccer News Net College Boot award, recognizing the women's college player of the year.

    The editors of each of the sites in the Soccer News Net network nominated up to four local players for the award, each of which will be eligible for the regional player of the year award. Seven additional at-large selections rounded out the nominations. 

    Wilson, only one of three nominees from southern California, finished her collegiate career with the Titans in grand fashion as she posted a team- and Big West Conference-leading 19 goals and 10 assists for 48 total points in her senior season. Her 19 goals ranked third in the nation as did her total points and points per game.

    The Placentia, Calif., native set a school record for notching 10 game-winning goals in a single season, a mark which also led the nation. Wilson concluded her senior year nationally ranked in the top 50 in nine categories and was named Big West Conference Offensive Player of the Year for the second time in a row. She also garnered Big West Conference First Team accolades, an honor she collected as both a junior and a senior. 

    In 2015, she helped lead the nationally ranked Titans (16-3-2) to a share of the Big West Conference title and helped lead CSF to its third straight conference tournament title. Wilson and Titans went on to make their third appearance in as many years in the NCAA Tournament.

    Wilson finished her Cal State Fullerton career with 34 goals to rank third in the school record book. Additionally, her 19 career assists top the CSF annals, as do her 123 shots on goal. 

    Fans from across the country can vote for the top collegiate player. Voting is open now through December 12 and can be voted on by clicking here.

    Online fan voting accounts for 40% of the total toward the award. The remaining 60% of the vote will be cast by the Soccer News Net editorial staff. The winner of the popular vote will receive the Soccer News Net Supporter's Choice Award. 

    Soccer News Net has been selecting a player of the year since 2007.