NASL team possible has home site at CSUF

NASL team possible has home site at CSUF

• http://midfieldpress.com/2017/02/23/exclusive-orange-county-group-closes-in-on-nasl-expansion/

The NASL expansion team is close to an agreement to play at Titan Stadium. Stay tune.

• Discussion
  • Some nice improvements to Titan Stadium coming with the new NASL team in 2018.

• Real nice! Kuntz is also bringing in some young talent. 7 of the 9 incoming freshman are 2 star athletes. It's getting exciting.

• Hope Kuntz sees the benefits of having this team here. There's some great stadium enhancements coming as a result of this marriage. Not to mention good pro opportunities for our athletes after college.

• Tell us about the stadium enhancements.

• KirkSR wrote:

Tell us about the stadium enhancements.

I'm thinking new paint, colorful banners and additional porta-potties during the season.
  • There have been a couple of posts from fans about stadium enhancements, yet I've been unable to read about even one specific.

• It appears that the "enhancements" provided by the new pro team are currently confined to constructing new home and guest locker rooms in the old weight room on the south side of the pitch.  They may also provide some minor amenity enhancements to our M&W soccer locker rooms.

Needless to say, the project will not be as grand as some have supposed.

• Oh no. Who could have seen that coming? 

• This pro team relationship should increase our athletic revenue. I've not heard any specifics regarding the stadium enhancements but what ever they are, they can only benefit the programs. This is a good thing for our student athletes

• Larry911 wrote:

This pro team relationship should increase our athletic revenue. I've not heard any specifics regarding the stadium enhancements but what ever they are, they can only benefit the programs. This is a good thing for our student athletes

The enhancements will be few. Please see posts above.

Yes, we will get rent. Not much different than the Flyers.

• Great.

• As some of you may know, in September the US Soccer Federation took the unprecedented step of revoking the NASL's status as the official Division II league in America, and gave it to the USL.

Since then, many former NASL teams have jumped to the USL, and the NASL is now on virtual life-support, with only lawsuits against the USSF seeming to keep them alive.

With a USL franchise already in Irvine, this almost certainly means the death of the anticipated Fullerton NASL team. It has recently been confirmed to me that the team will definitely not operate in 2018, as was the original plan.

Too bad for those of us who were looking forward tp high-level professional soccer returning to Fullerton.

This post was edited by KirkSR 1 year ago