*** Liberty at ECU game thread ***

*** Liberty at ECU game thread ***

• offshorepirate said... (original post) How is he playing right away there?

I have no idea.

• Williams has a completely average 36% career 3-point shooter who does absolutely nothing else. It really says something about how bad it is if we want him back.

• If anyone is wondering if the game looked better in person...no...no, it didn’t.

• Igoe, did the team look like this in Practice?

• Final score: HYPE. 125. Reality. 45

• Sounds like it's a good thing I missed this game.

• It looks like we have a bunch of decent bench players, but not a lot of starters at this point.

This may end up being a really bad evaluation job on the staff. We needed an influx of talent and got it, but is that talent matching our needs? We needed shot makers and half court offense.

• It scares me Dooley thought some of these players were AAC quality. It scares me we have a 4th 7 footer coming in next year when we already have 3 project 7 footers. It scares me we didn’t recruit a single shooter. I am not optimistic about the future. It’s early, but this is looking like a massive flop. As usual

• So everyone thought this would be a 180 turnaround after one year? We have a long season left to play and a ton of new guys. Get back to reality. Support this team and these coaches.

This post was edited by JT Bern Pirate 27 days ago

• JT Bern Pirate said... (original post) So everyone thought this would be a 360 turnaround after one year? We have a long season left to play and a ton of new guys. Get back to rea...

I would say this has been a 360 turnaround. We were crap to end last season and went 360 degrees around and are just as much crap now.

• JT Bern Pirate said... (original post) So everyone thought this would be a 360 turnaround after one year? We have a long season left to play and a ton of new guys. Get back to rea...

I think you mean 180.

I didn’t expect a complete turnaround, but I didn’t anticipate such a lack of competence on the floor. That’s worse than anything.

This post was edited by arichardson7389 27 days ago

• arichardson7389 said... (original post) I think you mean 180.

I did, thanks...

• Sounds like Dooley is gonna have to seriously consider blowing up the whole roster again, but how many times can you do that?

• I don’t think you can blow the team up again and still have respect in the locker room. I think he needs to get rid of 3 at the most.

• JT Bern Pirate said... (original post) So everyone thought this would be a 180 turnaround after one year? We have a long season left to play and a ton of new guys. Get back to rea...

we expected be at least 2-2/3-1 at this point if the talent/staff were about 3/4ths of what was advertised & not took like a total trainwreck on the floor. those are not unrealistic expectations
  • arichardson7389 said... (original post) I don’t think you can blow the team up again and still have respect in the locker room. I think he needs to get rid of 3 at the most.

I sure hope these guys get a whole lot better and we don't need to blow it up again, but right now it doesn't appear any of the JUCO's that have played so far are any good at all.