8 wins

8 wins

Arrow-4
  • Pirateland said... (original post) I understand what you are saying and agree with the point guard situation we are currently in now. But, i also see coaches not coaching setting ...

Did you play for Dooley the first time around?

• piratepride2 said... (original post) Well I guess we see that the rotations may not have been the issue after all. We played “small” the entire game almost, and had our worse perf...

I suppose you don't understand the difference in quality of teams like Navy/App and Liberty, you know not like that would have any affect playing a top 50 team projected as a 12 Seed in the NCAA and a 250 type one.......

Yes the rotations of the team were pretty good yesterday, we actually tried to win that game for once or in that case at least keep it from being a worse blow out as he played high minutes even as the game was a blow out. We played our best players lots of minutes and did go smaller and had we done that vs Navy or App we likely win those games. This mostly because Dooley had to without Debaut, that saved him from himself.

Also important to note that our #2 best player who has been awesome in LeDay could not play but like 5 minutes in that game. Clealry that had an affect as well, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that. I'm also not blaming Dooley for his minutes if he's dealing with real issues from his ACL this weekend but if he wasn't in earlier games and hasn't been playing enough.

This post was edited by Ory 26 days ago

• b0ndsj0ns said... (original post) I don't think the lack of PG has anything to do with why despite playing tiny teams we are essentially dead even rebounding on the year. If ...

that's a solid point, but have you seen the threes dudes are chuckin' up? threes tend to bounce further off the glass, limiting the bigs success rate in rebounding. That and the fact that a lot of ECU misses are not being taken with guys ready to rebound underneath. Not sure if that is it. It is also harder to rebound and box out when playing a zone defense, which ECU breaks into about half the time. It's just something to help explain the rebound margin, but yeah, I agree that a PG won't fix that problem.

• velvetkramer said... (original post) I agree about Hughes. I heard he had issues with Kentrell Barkley.

It carried over onto the court too. I saw KB yelp at him when KB made the mistake.

• b0ndsj0ns said... (original post) I don't think the lack of PG has anything to do with why despite playing tiny teams we are essentially dead even rebounding on the year. If ...

Imagine if you take JG’s rebounds off the books. The margin would be ugly.