• 2020:

Home: UCF, Navy, SMU, Tulane
    Away: Cincinnati, USF, Temple, Tulsa
    (will not play Houston, Memphis)

2021:

Home: Cincinnati, USF, Temple, Tulane
    Away: UCF, Houston, Memphis, Navy
    (will not play SMU, Tulsa)

http://theamerican.org/news/2019/11/18/american-announces-2020-21-football-scheduling-format.aspx

• Discussion
  • Tulane at home two years in a row??

• that 2021 away schedule is BRUTAL...

• K Gun said... (original post) that 2021 away schedule is BRUTAL...

All of the 2021 schedule is going to be BRUTAL...

App State in Charlotte (they will be a top 35 team-possibly ranked)

South Carolina (Who knows what to expect but will have huge talent gap)

AT Marshall (they will be a top 50 team)

Unknown FCS team

Cinci (they will be a top 35 team assuming Fickell is still there-possibly ranked)

USF (Who knows what to expect)

Temple (they will be a top 35 team-possibly ranked)

Tulane (they will be a top 50 team)

AT UCF (they will be a top 35 team-possibly ranked)

AT Houston (they will be a top 50 team)

AT Memphis (they will be a top 35 team-possibly ranked)

AT Navy (they will be a top 35 team-possibly ranked)

• Charleston Southern is the FCS opponent in 2021

• OBX Pir8 said... (original post) Tulane at home two years in a row??

Looking at the AAC release, UCF also has Tulane at home in both years like us. Kind of strange?

https://theamerican.org/news/2019/11/18/american-announces-2020-21-football-scheduling-format.aspx

• USF has Tulsa home both years.

• Brutal schedule in 2021 but who knows how Memphis, Houston, UCF will be. They could all lose their coaches and be completely different teams in just 2 years. UCF is showing signs of a slight decline already this season.

My guess is the AAC adds a team for the 2022 season

This post was edited by Pirate1214 21 days ago

• Holton’s senior season will be a fun one with that schedule!

• Houston better win next year that 21 schedule would be brutal for anyone one in college football.

• Sejohnson0408 said... (original post) Houston better win next year that 21 schedule would be brutal for anyone one in college football.

A lot of the teams on that list will be changing coaches in the next two years. If we can fix the defense we could make some serious noise in the conference

• ECUPirate99 said... (original post) All of the 2021 schedule is going to be BRUTAL...App State in Charlotte (they will be a top 35 team-possibly ranked)South Carolina (Who knows w...

Good for them. We'll have something for their **** by then. GDP

• 2020 looks like the worst home schedule in decades. No P5 and snoozer line up ... not a good way to make this program relevant... yea and I know folks are going to defend the schedule and blame VT , and Gilbert did his best Etc, etc and not saying he didn’t but the optics of this schedule look a lot like we have regressed on playing top teams Sorry no matter what we think the G5 continues to be irrelevant in modern college football If we don’t play several solid P5’s you don’t pack the house and you don’t get creditably.... at least outside Eastern NC ... nobody cares that we played Marshal, Tulane or Navy

If we are going to be relevant play relevant teams and win Even if we win everyone of those games nobody will blink an eye,

It pains me to say but we perpetuate the G5 stigma by not playing P5 talent

• Atlanta Pirate said... (original post) 2020 looks like the worst home schedule in decades. No P5 and snoozer line up ... not a good way to make this program relevant... yea and I ...

Don't know how you measure "worst home schedule in decades" but I am seeing three probably top 25 teams in UCF, Navy and SMU, plus a game with Marshall whom we will always share a special heritage. Add in the road game at nearby South Carolina and I consider our schedule plenty attractive and challenging for a program that has only won three games each of the past four years. Hopefully this year we will progress to four or five wins.I don't understand how anyone can believe our membership in the American is not good enough for them. I am so thankful we managed to escape on the last bus out of C-USA.

This post was edited by ChesPirate 21 days ago

• Full 2020 slate

Marshall
    at SC
    Norfolk State
    at Georgia State (moved up from 2023 to replace VT)
    Navy
    SMU
    UCF
    Tulane
    at Cincinnati
    at Temple
    at Tulsa
    at USF

2021 slate
    App State (Charlotte)
    vs South Carolina
    at Marshall
    vs Charleston Southern
    Cincinnati
    Temple
    USF
    Tulane
    at UCF
    at Navy
    at Houston
    at Memphis

• Atlanta Pirate said... (original post) 2020 looks like the worst home schedule in decades. No P5 and snoozer line up ... not a good way to make this program relevant... yea and I ...

user generated

• Atlanta Pirate said... (original post) It pains me to say but we perpetuate the G5 stigma by not playing P5 talent

Could argue that your post is perpetuating that stigma. At least half of this conference is better than any of the P5 opponents we've had in recent memory and that's verifiable fact. Even as you voice these concerns the perception of this conference is changing. Look at the number of teams in the top 25/30 this year. The tide is changing and its time for ECU to play a part in that. As rough as things have been over the past five years, PirateNation ought to be fired up to dish out some payback. I'm tired of losing to and reading about UCF, Cincy, Mempiss, SMOO, and all respect to the Naval Academy but I want to destroy them something terrible. I couldn't be more amped to get off the mat and whoop some ****! Its time we actually give no quarter and beat the bricks off of somebody! GDP

• The last four games of both seasons are away games. That seems unusual.

• RowdyDowdy said... (original post) The last four games of both seasons are away games. That seems unusual.

Believe that is just a list of games. Dates for conference games have not yet been established/announced.