Harold Varner III - PGA Tour Watch 2019-2020

Harold Varner III - PGA Tour Watch 2019-2020

Arrow9
  • HV3 completed his 36 holes 3rd and 4th rounds on Sunday with a 73 and 72 finishing -2 for the tournament. The tournament play was halted due to darkness and the remai ning groups will finish on Monday. At the time play was suspended he was T58. After play was concluded on Monday morning he remained T58.

This post was edited by TOC72 7 months ago

• Tough schedule for this tourny. I imagine HV3 will be glad to have this event behind him!

• HV3 travels to Georgia this week for the RSM Classic. Current FedEx rank is 43. Notable: He has not missed a cut this season so far but his weekend scoring has not been up to par.......pun intended

RSM Classic
    Date:Nov 21–24, 2019
    Sea Island, GA
    Course: Sea Island Resort - Seaside Course
    Watch on: GOLF
    Purse:$6,600,000

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/the-rsm-classic.html

This post was edited by TOC72 7 months ago

• TOC72 said... (original post) He has not missed a cut this season so far but his weekend scoring has not been up to par.......pun intended ...

I beg to differ, Grandpa. His problem is his scoring has been up to or very near par.

• TBone32 said... (original post) I beg to differ, Grandpa. His problem is his scoring has been up to or very near par.

"Rim Shot"....

• FYI. Harold not playing this week.

This post was edited by jkpirate 7 months ago

• jkpirate said... (original post) FYI. Harold not playing this week.

Thanks for the update. He was originally committed as of Monday.

• TOC72 said... (original post) Thanks for the update. He was originally committed as of Monday.

He must have decided to play Call of Duty with that kid from Mexico this weekend! That's been all over his social media accounts this week. Seriously though, I'm not sure he ever plays this tournament which seems odd. Nice play to play golf down there.

• Varner and Ryan Palmer, playing in the QBE Shootout, have 9 birdies in the first 10 holes. Make that 10 of first 11 holes. Currently a 2 shot lead.

• Thanks. Senior moment.

Through 15 they have a 1 shot lead.

• TOC72 said... (original post) Thanks. Senior moment. Through 15 they have a 1 shot lead.

That's ok Grandpa. It'll happen to me when I get old like you.

• Varner Palmer finished -17. First place with a 2 shot lead. Today's format was Scramble/Captain's Choice/Superball. Tomorrow is modified alternate shot

• After Saturday play, HV3 and RP are one of 5 teams tied for the lead at -19.

This post was edited by TOC72 6 months ago

• Not sure if y’all have watched but that was a fantastic presidents cup. Needs to rotate between US and Australia. Fans were great.

• TOC72 said... (original post) After Saturday play, HV3 and RP are one of 5 teams tied for the lead at -19.

Should be quite a finish with so many teams tied... Hope HV3 and RP have a great last round!!

• They finished third. Picked up a check for $165.000 each.. Not a bad weeks pay.

• HV3 is back to work this week at the Amex Championship. Currently 65th in FedEx Cup points.

• CB Pirate said... (original post)HV3 is back to work this week at the Amex Championship. Currently 65th in FedEx Cup points.

Thanks for taking up the slack. Grandpa is falling down on the job.

• TBone32 said... (original post)Thanks for taking up the slack. Grandpa is falling down on the job.

Thanks. CB is a good partner. Last minute early morning trek to the big "E" yesterday.

• HV3 returns to his 2019-2020 PGA Tour schedule this week as the tour starts the west coast swing at the newly renamed desert classic, The American Express.

Up To Date: Cuts: 6/6 plus the QBE team tournament.

FedEx rank 65. Money to date: $356,859

The American Express
    Date: January 16-19, 2020
    Course: The Stadiun Course and others
    Purse: $6,700,000
    Watch: GOLF

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/the-american-express.html

• If it hasn't been said yet, Congrats to HV3 and Amanda on getting engaged. Happy for them!

• Now that's more like it Grandpa.

• First round -3 69. Leaders at -8.

• TOC72 said... (original post)First round -3 69. Leaders at -8.

It was a good recovery, he was +3 after the 3rd hole.

• Second round E 72. -3 T97.

Note: since they play three different courses no cut until after 3rd round.

This post was edited by TOC72 5 months ago