Liberty

Liberty

• I think they would be a great replacement for UConn. Already have a decent basketball team baseball isn't terrible, football will get better with the move up (probably better than us right now). I know no one wants them because of proximity, but I'm pretty sure our conference mates could care less what we want lol. Plus they have great athletic support from their alumni.

• Discussion
  • Nobody wants to allow Liberty in if they don’t have to.

• Not happening

This post was edited by PiratesWin 23 days ago

• I mean I’m a conservative Christian but I honestly think Liberty could end up being a PR nightmare for someone.

This post was edited by Sejohnson0408 23 days ago

• Sejohnson0408 said... (original post) I mean I’m a conservative Christian but I honestly this Liberty could end up being a PR nightmare for someone.

Yep...the Falwell family has lots of skeletons in the closet.

• Wow a PR nightmare and skeletons in the closet.

I would rather have another team to join, but not gonna hold their views against them.

Like saying we dont want those BYU cos of their beliefs.

This post was edited by bornabuc 23 days ago

• bornabuc said... (original post) Wow a PR nightmare and skeletons in the closet.I would rather have another team to join, but not gonna hold their views against them.Like saying w...

BYU’s upside outweighs their wackiness for a conference like ours, but best believe that conferences like the Big XII and PAC 12 don’t want them for pricisely that reason. Liberty doesn’t do that for us. There’s a reason that they’ve only been invited to one conference and it took them damn near 30 years to get that one.