Opening line released for ECU's road bout with UConn

Opening line released for ECU's road bout with UConn

• Discussion
  • To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Is it supposed to be as cold as it has been up there? If so I'm not so sure I like the Pirates to cover...

• It’s supposed to be 44 and sunny. Not bad at all. Our players need to suck it up...In the Big Ten players don’t whine about cold weather (not that our players are whining) embarace the elements and go play football

• NortheastPirate said... (original post) It’s supposed to be 44 and sunny. Not bad at all. Our players need to suck it up...In the Big Ten players don’t whine about cold weather (n...

I haven't seen one player complain (whine) about the weather...

• ButnerPirate25 said... (original post) I haven't seen one player complain (whine) about the weather...

Go back and read my post ...if you know how to read

• NortheastPirate said... (original post) Go back and read my post ...if you know how to read

Wow! Looks like someone has a case of the Mondays!

• NortheastPirate said... (original post) It’s supposed to be 44 and sunny. Not bad at all. Our players need to suck it up...In the Big Ten players don’t whine about cold weather (n...

It's not so much the players I'd be worried about, having played in cold and wet, it sucks. Scores traditionally dip from teams that are passing. It is why defense and running the ball always travels well. Guys wanting to air it out a bit will have some issues in cold. 44 though, that is still good weather once you get a good burn started. Yeah, thanks for the weather report, may be time to put in for another Pirates and the Points bet.

• The weather is just an issue in terms of if it's going to limit our passing offense. UCONN is plenty awful, but I don't think we are going to be able to pound the ball down their throats or stop their running game consistently. If it's in the mid 40's, not raining, and not crazy wind then there's no excuse we should be able to handle that just fine.

• Well this point spread will piss UConn off.

• Oddsshark thinks ECU will cover and win by 18. The spread is at 14 now, but the spread consensus is 78% for ECU. Expect the spread to grow.
    https://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/east-carolina-uconn-odds-november-23-2019-1117627

I expect the Pirates to dominate and I won't be happy if we "win by one". Kinda like kissing your sister.

• I love the use of the word "bout" in the headline.

• Right now the forecast is a high of 43, chance of rain 20%, and wind of around 7 mph. If that holds weather ain't a valid excuse they've been practicing in worse than that the last week+.

• NortheastPirate said... (original post) Go back and read my post ...if you know how to read

go embarace yourself

This post was edited by ButnerPirate25 21 days ago

• Things are getting chippy today

• Well.........thought u guys might enjoy this catch from the UCONN board.......... one poster says ECU, Tulsa & Tulane watered down the AAC. Another one has predicted that they get their 3rd win this weekend..............

https://the-boneyard.com/threads/game-week-uconn-v-ecu-senior-day-11-23-19-noon-on-espn3.148998/

• Extremely hard to make that comment, during football season, when UConn has been worse than all three. Hell, even Mo beat UConn

• Esquare2 said... (original post) Well.........thought u guys might enjoy this catch from the UCONN board.......... one poster says ECU, Tulsa & Tulane watered down the AAC. An...

Thank you for sharing - I needed a good laugh today and this saved me from having to tee-up Caddyshack on demand.