OT: Did Saban make a bad decision?

OT: Did Saban make a bad decision?

• Discussion
  • Sadly because of the sham that is the college football invitational (yep it’s not a playoff so let’s change that wording) teams have no choice but to risk players. Fields could’ve come out much earlier today for the buckeyes, same with most of Clemson’s starters. I find it laughable that the big push against expanded playoff is player safety due to increase in games, yet if you really look at the top programs their players could sit more in the regular season if the conference champs were guaranteed a spot. It would also guarantee the mid size to small schools will still get solid schedules because top schools will not be incentivized to play as much early. The answer is an 8 team playoff. 5 P5 champs, best G5 and two to at larges. BYU would rejoin a conference ND could stay independent and play for an at large.

• Yes.

• $aban...bad decision? I hope so...

• Sejohnson0408 said... (original post) Sadly because of the sham that is the college football invitational (yep it’s not a playoff so let’s change that wording) teams have no choic...

Should only consider auto bids to conference champs if divisions are done away with. Otherwise, you can get 7 win teams who get lucky taking a spot.

• Bilanr99 said... (original post) Should only consider auto bids to conference champs if divisions are done away with. Otherwise, you can get 7 win teams who get lucky taking a spo...

No that’s no different than getting weak teams in pro sports winning a bad division; part of the game.

• He really never should have played in the game. He wasn't needed to beat Miss. St. but they needed to play him to run the score up. They have an FCS team next week and Auburn the following week so he could have rested for 2 more weeks. The current system encourages these things.

• Does a bear ?? ***** in the woods

• Sejohnson0408 said... (original post) No that’s no different than getting weak teams in pro sports winning a bad division; part of the game.

If there are obvious flaws in the game, shouldn't they be fixed? Shouldn't we want to improve the game?

• Actually I'm going to defend Saban here. He wanted Tua to run a 2 min drill in real time. With Auburn on the docket, & a possible playoff birth, I'm sure Bama would need the 2 mon drill. Nothing wrong with that. Just a bad fluke injury.