OT UNC Report

OT UNC Report

• Discussion
  • dang

• If you click on the text it goes to the wral page. I’m not expecting every alumni to send their kids to ECU, I hope everyone allows their children to make whatever decision is best for that specific child, but I hope people really get a clear picture of that university. At one point in time it did serve a purpose for many people in this state, hell my grandfather and mother are alumni; but the university they attended simply does not exist today and it gets worse and worse daily. Yet we have a legislature that sits by and allows this state funded institution to continue to not act in the best interest of North Carolinians and to add to it allows the institution and its leadership to negatively impact the other universities in the UNC system. It’s ridiculous.

• Same statement every time "The shortcomings noted in the review are extremely concerning, disappointing and do not meet our high standards." Apparently those "high standards" aren't too high. And once again, no real punishment.

• Quoting the article:

UNC-Chapel Hill underreported sex assaults in an annual report on campus crime and CREATED A HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT FOR STUDENTS TRYING TO REPORT AN ASSAULT....violated the law for years by inaccurately reporting the amount of crime on campus, including not warning students early on about potential safety threats....violated mandatory annual disclosure of campus crime statistics.
    Inaccurately compiling crime statistics by misclassifying or excluding at least 20 reports from 2009 to 2012 or failing to include data from Granville Towers, several fraternity and sorority houses....and failing several times to issue timely campus safety warnings in cases where no one had been apprehended after a crime.
    Report conclusion: NO SUCH {corrective} ACTION WOULD HAVE {ever been} TAKEN if the agency {Dept of Educat'n} had not intervened by conducting this review.

Yes this happened during their Academic (Athletic cheating) scandal) they were not punished for...During a 3 yr period no assaults were reported, and the lady who was in charge of Dept for reporting assaults which subsequently appointed as a prominent Ethics Chair.
    UNC, no UNS, University of No Shame!!
    Pretty sad when we send our kids to a flagship that is more interested in basketball banners & athletics cheating than protecting its students or reporting rape crimes....pathetic, and yes, we should care!

This post was edited by EC4unMe 26 days ago

• TBone32 said... (original post) Same statement every time "The shortcomings noted in the review are extremely concerning, disappointing and do not meet our high standards.&qu...

They always talk about high standards but never really put a true metric of what that means.

• You people are racist, homophobic, smelly Walmart Shoppers!!! How dare you point out the obvious about such a fine bastion of all that should be AMERICA! Only the politically incorrect can be chastised. I'm reporting your hate speech.

• When you think they cant get any lower.

• They really need to change their motto to ‘Videri Quam Esse’. To seem rather than to be.

• Its time those of us who are residents of this great state hold our elected officials accountable for the so called "flagship"

• CarolinasPirate said... (original post) They always talk about high standards but never really put a true metric of what that means.

Agreed, they continue to put out a true metric of low standards.

• TBone32 said... (original post) Same statement every time "The shortcomings noted in the review are extremely concerning, disappointing and do not meet our high standards.&qu...

Armen Ketayian did a report on the interim chancellor and how he failed to include critical information on concussions he was a noted expert on:

https://theathletic.com/video/21-adhd/

• Cheaters gonna CHeat. And they CHeat at everything.