[OT] Video Games/Gaming thread

[OT] Video Games/Gaming thread

Arrow4
  • Ps4

• IMG_20190919_205451.jpg

Fully retro mini cool
  • Picked up Link's Awakening this morning along with the amiibo. Can't wait to get started.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq-gG55hrQ4

SMM2 gets friends multiplayer update!

• Just want my college football game back

• Sejohnson0408 said... (original post) Just want my college football game back

Get that Tecmo Bowl son...
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uwunZ2a4gc

Sounds like Stadia isn't all that.

And I've seen reports of the Chrome Cast stuff burning up and overheating.

• Switch turns 3 today.

I remember like it was yesterday watching that direct to see what it would eventually be.  Put in my PO at BBY right as the presentation ended (went with the gray version), Pro Controller, BotW, BotW Amiibo set, and Super Bomberman R.  I also ended up signing up for BBY's Gamers Club Unlocked as I broke even with adding it and at that point, I knew the discounts would pay me back over the course of the next two years.

I remember going to the midnight release at BBY right after seeing a movie ( my brother did his with Gamestop) and then coming home to play a little bit of BotW, but I had to be to work at 7am Friday--my brother got to spend the whole weekend with it as he had taken vacation.  I think it's concept is probably one of the most solid ideas of any Nintendo console, to be a powerful enough for home tv play but being portable enough to take it with you.

Biggest positives:

Play anywhere with any game.

Instant multiplayer at at worst 2 people.

Screen large enough to not feel cheated in portable play with screen real estate.

LARGE SD CARD support.

HD rumble is legit.

Biggest negatives:

JC/ProCC drift --I don't think I have personally had issues but in a lot of cases I can't tell if its lag or the controller making strange things happen in games like Smash and Mario Kart where constantly working the controls can lead to such things.

Lack of color variants, choices of colors offered.  I was surprised they only offered the gray or the red/blue to start.  I'm surprised they've only really done neon colors so far.  Surprised certain colors haven't come out yet.

Durability, I agree that the construction on this thing is not as good as prior Nintendo consoles.  I somehow got a mini scratch on the screen night one of owing it--but unless you know its there you would never see it and I have a crack in the plastic shell on the back.

Heat warping, my Left JC can slide off real easy even if the click is in place to hold it there.

Complete lack of themes, screen colors, and organizational options.  If the 3DS and WiiU could work these simple things out then why not the Switch?

Paid online service, while overall not a bad deal for the return in investment, it still feels like if you pay for it at all, the connections should be smoother.

Took way to long to release a Virtual Console replacement, and even long to release games on it at a decent clip.

My top games:

Breath of the Wild

Mario Kart 8 DLX

Smash Bros Ultimate

Octopath Traveller.

This post was edited by Pir8TreasureNC 4 months ago

• Pir8TreasureNC said... (original post)I remember like it was yesterday watching that direct to see what it would eventually be. Put in my PO at BBY right as the presentation ended ...

Huh?

This needs a title. Or at least an intro.

• ecusetarip said... (original post)Huh? This needs a title. Or at least an intro.

Yeah...lol

The Switch turns 3 today
  • http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/03/why_make_it_mini_nes_creator_says_people_would_still_buy_a_regular_system_today

I was kind of inspired about his comment in their article, "Why make it mini? I think they could still develop a regular Famicom and people would still buy it".

If Nintendo were to redo the NES, SNES, and N64 with new AV outs/HDMI at regular size and then reproduce the 1st party associated controllers I would definitely consider buying one. Right now all 3 of mine work fine, the controllers work fine, but I wouldn't lie that I'd be worried about age on the machines and the controllers needing a refresh. And you know what they could do, is upgrade them to have a online component to where you can play your original carts or a download and storage of a digital game from the eshop.

• https://www.darkhorizons.com/reports-indicate-e3-2020-is-cancelled/

E3 officially cancelled.... wow...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105757/article/nfl-2k-partner-to-produce-multiple-new-video-games

2K back with the NFL. I saw a video today that the fine print of it means it won't be for simulation games.... that is still Madden's arena

• If you haven’t played the last of us, you’re absolutely missing out. By far the greatest story driven game I will ever play. Part 2 drops in two months.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pMW_sycSs30

• LOL, beat Luigi's Mansion 3 on Friday the 13th.

Great game with great graphics, music, and level design. I am going to say though, that some of the controls, especially once you get to later bosses are annoying at times.

Time to fire up the Crash Trilogy I got from Christmas next.

• NHL 20 is my current sports game I’m playing. They have a really in-depth expansion team franchise. You can create your jerseys, team name, etc, and then complete the expansion draft. It’s been really fun. I created the Greenville Pirates and the commentators actually pronounce both of those names. I will post pics of all three of the jerseys I created. The alternates are FIRE!

But long story short, this is how I’m getting my sports fix while staying isolated (something I enjoy anyway).

This post was edited by ecusetarip 3 months ago

• ecusetarip said... (original post)NHL 20 is my current sports game I’m playing. They have a really in-depth expansion team franchise. You can create your jerseys, team name, etc, ...

user generatedIs it as cool as that one? That is the one I got a few years ago -- its so bad ****.

• Pir8TreasureNC said... (original post)Is it as cool as that one? That is the one I got a few years ago -- its so bad ****.

Those are awesome. It’s truly amazing to me how many teams are red and black/white in the NHL. So many other options to go with and there’s how many red teams? 7? 8?

• ecusetarip said... (original post)Those are awesome. It’s truly amazing to me how many teams are red and black/white in the NHL. So many other options to go with and there’s how m...

I hear you.

Lets see here.... Red Wings, Devils, Flames, Hurricanes, Panthers(?), Montreal..... Coyotes are burgundy now.... Not sure how far you go with the Ducks, Senators, and Wild

Personally, I hate how the Stars are doing their jerseys now. I much preferred their older ones.

I'm real interested in how Seattle plays their name, logo, and colors. I keep seeing this Kraken thing come up.... I think doing that would be cool and unique.