Pig Back??

Pig Back??

• user generated

• Discussion
  • I really really hope so. He has to be close if he was in uniform Saturday.

• b0ndsj0ns said... (original post) I really really hope so. He has to be close if he was in uniform Saturday.

He was shooting around pregame in his warm ups on Saturday. We could’ve used him.

• ecusetarip said... (original post) He was shooting around pregame in his warm ups on Saturday. We could’ve used him.

I doubt he'd have made much difference against Liberty, but if he's as good as hyped it could have made a huge difference in the other games.

• b0ndsj0ns said... (original post) I doubt he'd have made much difference against Liberty, but if he's as good as hyped it could have made a huge difference in the other ...

True. That game was ugly. I brought my two year old without the wife so I couldn’t watch as much as I’d like. But I guess that wasn’t the worst thing.

I’m hoping he’s as good as hyped. But his Juco numbers have me hesitant.

• ecusetarip said... (original post) True. That game was ugly. I brought my two year old without the wife so I couldn’t watch as much as I’d like. But I guess that wasn’t the worst ...

There's little in his JUCO numbers that give me reason to believe he's a big offensive impact guy. On him my real hope is that he actually is a good on ball defender and allows us to not have to play JJ Miles at the 2 anymore.

• Evansville beat Kentucky. So I wouldnt rush him back. But I'm sure he'll be back when hes ready.

• b0ndsj0ns said... (original post) There's little in his JUCO numbers that give me reason to believe he's a big offensive impact guy. On him my real hope is that he actua...

His JUCO numbers don't really scare me, but hey they didn't scare me off with his teamate Debaut either so it's entirely possible he's could go a similar way. Usually if a guy is productive per minute there is something to work with, and they had other good wings on that team he was competing for touches with. The #1 JUCO player in the nation, and a guy that orginally signed with a top 25 type Buffallo team, so I give him somewhat of a pass on minutes/Role. We also have to keep in mind he was a rotation player for Virginia Tech with a 15.8 PER in fairly limited minutes sure but that is something. That's the more interesting stuff on his resume to me. He even played in a 2 point NCAA game, so by the end of that year he was trusted enough to steal a few minutes with.

I honestly don't see him supplanting Newton at PG right now, I doubt he's a great PG option based on his stats but I think his value will be getting JJ Miles off the court and holding down the back up minutes instead of Curtis and just having a guy hopefully a guy that can guard smaller guards and hit a 3.

This post was edited by Ory 27 days ago

• He dunked with two hands off two feet Saturday in warmups, so I figured he had to be close.

• Ory said... (original post) His JUCO numbers don't really scare me, but hey they didn't scare me off with his teamate Debaut either so it's entirely possible he...

Yeah the main thing I'm looking for out of him is hopefully some better on ball defense and removing JJ from playing the 2. It's doubtful he can shoot much worse from 3 than JJ. As for whether you run him or Newton at the PG I'd probably play them together and let Curtis be the main backup for both.

• Pig out!

• If that is him in the grey t-shirt, he has had a serious visit to a barbershop:).

• Hopefully both get cleared to participate in the tournament this week and we can slowly work them in. Expecting either could go out and play 30+ minutes right now would be asking too much. Also while I've yelled about how much the outcome of the early games mattered they kinda don't anymore. Having a good NET is pretty much dead already so just take it slow, build them back up, and hope to be clicking by the time conference play rolls around. The goals are just different now. It's now about just hoping to find at least 6 guys who will have eligibility next year who can play at the AAC level. Right now I have that list at 3 I feel good about (Gardner, Suggs, Newton) and Coleman deserves time almost regardless of how he plays this year. Hopefully Robinson and Jackson raise that list to 5 I feel good about are AAC players and then at least 1 of the group of Baruti, JJ, and James show they can play as well. At this point that would be a success because needing to cut 7+ guys again does not bode well long term. The coaches clearly didn't plan for needing to cut many/any by taking with their 1 available scholarship a complete project that will need to redshirt.

• If this is true, it will make a huge impact... or at least it should. He probably wont score 20 a game but that's not what we need him for.

• Let's piggy back him to a win!

• Pirate Radio 7am morning show this morning stating both guards are good to go for this weekend.

• the team is flying out of New Bern today

• Very long break for these guys so expect rust ....they will need several games to get back in playing shape. Just hope they’re ready for conference play.

• NortheastPirate said... (original post) Very long break for these guys so expect rust ....they will need several games to get back in playing shape. Just hope they’re ready for co...

Well luckily they've got lots of time before conference play to get the rust shaken off.

• Tremont is still the one we really need to get back. He was penciled in as the starting point guard the second he was signed.

• ChesPirate said... (original post) If that is him in the grey t-shirt, he has had a serious visit to a barbershop:).

I think that's Robinson. Pig is on the left with the funky hair.