[PRO SPORTS] 2019 Carolina Panthers/NFL Thread:12/8 @ Falcons

[PRO SPORTS] 2019 Carolina Panthers/NFL Thread:12/8 @ Falcons

• Sejohnson0408 said... (original post) But let’s get rid of Cam

I will eat my crow if I’m wrong but Cam is not a QB that can carry a team anymore. He had a couple years where he could. Those days are over.

I’m not advocating for Allen being the franchise QB but I also don’t think Cam is the answer.

I think Tepper sends the coaching staff packing along with Cam if this thing doesn’t get turned around.

I like Rivera but I think he’s lost his way with this set of players. It’s been the same voice in that locker room. Maybe there needs to be a change there.

I will say I’d be fine with seeing what Cam does next year. But if he comes out and can’t win a game like he has over the past 9, along with contract ending, we’d get nothing in return. Panthers may be able to find a first rounder for him this offseason. Add all that up with him being over the hill (being a running QB) and I don’t see how I could value signing him to another big contract.

• cut Cam, spend that ~$19mil elsewhere

• rotawa68 said... (original post) cut Cam, spend that ~$19mil elsewhere

We need a franchise LT

• ecusetarip said... (original post) We need a franchise LT

well, there ya go

• Aging stars

Injury bugged stars

Kind of fallen off the trajectory of the 3 straight NFCS titles....

At the end of this season it will be interesting to see where the new owner and the GM are at with the state of the Panthers. Kind of in that weird scenario like the Bulls and Celtics were a long time ago... play it out with who is still good or look at how best to reconstruct the roster to move ahead. Division wise, only the Saints and Falcons matter still. I see the Falcons this year as an anomaly but the Saints seem to be trending way up again.

• Pir8TreasureNC said... (original post) Aging starsInjury bugged starsKind of fallen off the trajectory of the 3 straight NFCS titles....At the end of this season it will be intere...

SAints QB situation is interesting. I’ll be curious to see if they let Brees walk and roll with Bridgewater. If they keep Brees I don’t see them spending the money to keep Bridgewater. And Brees has 1-2 years left after this year IMO.

I have a feeling it’s going to be a wild offseason for QBs.

• Pir8TreasureNC said... (original post) Aging starsInjury bugged starsKind of fallen off the trajectory of the 3 straight NFCS titles....At the end of this season it will be intere...

the Saints just might play in Super Bowl LIV

• I wonder how this road game versus the Saints will turn out. We laid a nasty egg at the Falcons last week...

• Pir8TreasureNC said... (original post) I wonder how this road game versus the Saints will turn out. We laid a nasty egg at home against the Falcons last week...

fify

• user generated

• ...yeah..... this start is ****. D looking terrible and then that botched punt catch.

• Then we go deep and get a TD LOL....

....but miss the PAT....

This post was edited by Pir8TreasureNC 20 days ago

• L @ NO, 34-31

• The Panther's kicker kills us in this game multiple times. The heat on the seat is real.

And the defense didn't help much on that drive either...

This post was edited by Pir8TreasureNC 20 days ago

• bye-bye, Ron!

• Yep. And good riddance to Norv. I like Rivera but he’s overstayed his welcome in the locker room I believe.

Also, I like Slye but he’ll be out of a job come Monday.

This post was edited by ecusetarip 20 days ago

• ecusetarip said... (original post) I like Slye but he’ll be out of a job come Monday.

think he'll get 'til Monday?

• Pir8TreasureNC said... (original post) The Panther's kicker kills us in this game multiple times. The heat on the seat is real.And the defense didn't help much on that d...

Yeah, Slye will be released this week by Hurney and Rivera to try to save their jobs but I think the issues run deeper. Slye should be accountable but this was just one game of 6 lost and he didn't lose them all.

• If Gano is getting anywhere near healthy Slye is done...probably done anyway and tryouts next week

• rotawa68 said... (original post) think he'll get 'til Monday?

Monday morning.

• Raven playing like 2015 Panthers.. watching Lamar run , pass
    .man I miss QB1