What ESPN's FPI says about ECU's final two games of 2019

What ESPN's FPI says about ECU's final two games of 2019

• Discussion
  • There’s a reason why you play the game

• But if e$pn says it, it must be true. Corso chooses the national champ tomorrow so tune in. The sec players are all robots. Etc etc

• just take care of business at uconn first!

thats ALL THAT MATTERS until the end of the game at uconn.

• Lose to an AWFUL UCONN team and all the momentum of the last 2 games evaporates.

• PirateBacker said... (original post) just take care of business at uconn first! thats ALL THAT MATTERS until the end of the game at uconn.

Agree!!!! Focus on one game... The next one!!!

• Obviously need some wins. But regardless of what happens, I've already seen this team grow exponentially from the start of the season to now. And it's been remarkable how they have pulled together and continued to fight and play at a pretty high level given the youth and almost non existent depth against top 25 teams no less.

Clearly, a culture change has and is happening right now. This coaching staff has earned their salaries and I am confident that we are in good hands for the future. Now go beat UConn! GDP!

• Hoping we come out of the box ready to play these last two. So often, based on a previous game, we "think" we are turning a corner only to find a train coming at us (USF). 5 wins would be a turnaround year

• QAR said... (original post) Obviously need some wins. But regardless of what happens, I've already seen this team grow exponentially from the start of the season to now. And ...

I agree, but losing to a bad UCONN team would much like the USF game remove a lot of those good feelings. USF is a weird bad team though, physically they are right up there with the best of the league, and with a combination of us playing awful and them actually not shooting themselves in the foot (like they usually do) were able to dominate us. UCONN talent wise is actually bad. Now not so much that we are going to overwhelm them physically, but we aren't gonna look out of place on a field with them like we have in a lot of games. My biggest concern for this game is the weather.

• b0ndsj0ns said... (original post) I agree, but losing to a bad UCONN team would much like the USF game remove a lot of those good feelings. USF is a weird bad team though, physica...

Yeah, UCONN is terrible. You are right, USF is better talent wise than their record indicates. I also think weather could be a real problem. From the HTC articles it seems Houston is planning for the possibility though. It will be a pleasant surprise if the weather isn't bad. I think it's a mistake for UCONN to take the week off though. I believe we will show up and preparation will prevail. Interested to see who might play that we haven't seen before.

• LiveECU said... (original post) But if e$pn says it, it must be true. Corso chooses the national champ tomorrow so tune in. The sec players are all robots. Etc etc

Ignoring rigirous and proven analytical models because you don't like ESPN.

• PirateBacker said... (original post) just take care of business at uconn first! thats ALL THAT MATTERS until the end of the game at uconn.

Ok boomer

• b0ndsj0ns said... (original post) Lose to an AWFUL UCONN team and all the momentum of the last 2 games evaporates.

Lose to UCONN and the financial picture looks bad

• This isn’t twitter or reddit show backer some damn respect

• Sejohnson0408 said... (original post) Lose to UCONN and the financial picture looks bad

I'll argue the same losing to Tulsa. Tulsa will be the ultimate measuring stick for the season's end. They are probably our closest match talent wise. Given the fact its the last game in the fick and the fact a 5-7 record sounds a lot better improvement wise (from last 3 years of 3-9) than 4-8, we gotta win the last two games to show improvement to the casual fan.

• Buc Nasty said... (original post) I'll argue the same losing to Tulsa. Tulsa will be the ultimate measuring stick for the season's end. They are probably our closest mat...

Yea we can talk about progress all we want, to the majority of fans 3-9 is still 3-9.

• Boomer? Not following what you are saying....

• Sejohnson0408 said... (original post) This isn’t twitter or reddit show backer some damn respect

Ok boomer

• Nah I’m only 30 I just believe in showing respect.

• PirateBacker said... (original post) Boomer? Not following what you are saying....

calling you old haha.

• Sejohnson0408 said... (original post) Nah I’m only 30 I just believe in showing respect.

Boomer, in terms of the meme, isn't about age but mentality.

• Oh - yeah, I'm definitely getting up there We have been guilty this year of not showing up with the focus we need to be locked in on UCONN and UCONN only - let's not have another USF game where we execute at half speed.