What Joe Dooley said after ECU's home loss to Liberty

What Joe Dooley said after ECU's home loss to Liberty

• Discussion
  • He sees the things we see. I’m more disappointed with the lack of defensive intensity than anything.

• ultraviolet said... (original post) He sees the things we see. I’m more disappointed with the lack of defensive intensity than anything.

Well if these guys can't play he has no one to blame but himself and his assistants. At this point I'm done yelling about the NET because that stuff is done and ruined, now it's just about hoping these guys get better and they aren't all whiffs.

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Box outs, screens and a inbounds play from time to time. Liberty scored twice on an inbound play coming out of timeout. Lebo and Perry would steal a couple points every game with a well designed play coming out of a timeout. JD stinks coming out of a timeout, those 2 to 5 point could win you a game from time to time. One of Liberty's play was with 2 seconds left on shot clock.

This post was edited by Pirateland 23 days ago

• Readers Digest Version. “ WE STINK “ !

• We had too many guys standing around on offense. We would feed the post in the short corner, and Liberty would immediately double team the post player (especially when JG got it). All we had to do was have someone from the backside flash to the middle of the paint, and we would have had easy layups all night. But instead everyone just stood around the perimeter watching.

Another thing thing that drove me crazy was the number of times our guys picked up their dribble for no reason, right around the top of the key.

This post was edited by ECU05 23 days ago

• ECU05 said... (original post) We had too many guys standing around on offense. We would feed the post in the short corner, and Liberty would immediately double team the post playe...

Seth LeDay is a slasher and JG has hit him in the past on what you are talking about. LeDay being hurt takes away that option.

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • We’re getting worse instead of better. Wouldn’t be surprised to see some transfers at the end of the season. Very soft team

• JollyRoger said... (original post) We’re getting worse instead of better. Wouldn’t be surprised to see some transfers at the end of the season.

We can only hope

• Dooley also has oceanfront property for sale in Arizona.

• Dooley calling like it is. I figured that after today's game we would be seeing Jackson and Robinson pretty soon.

• Dooley needs to find a way to get this team to the line more. Even if you aren't the best at making them, getting to the line helps control tempo. Get to the line, win more rebounds, and stop missing bunnies.

• ecupirate1988 said... (original post) Readers Digest Version. “ WE STINK “ !

More like WE REALLY STINK!!!

• Some things from the game today:
    1- I sat in some floor seats. First time doing that and it was awesome. Thanks to my buddy who hooked me up with those tickets today!
    2- We don’t play as “hard” as last years team. I’m not saying we loaf, but we don’t hustle as hard as we did last year.
    3- We are long and athletic. We just can’t shoot and we don’t have a PG that can take it to the basket. Newton is good but he’s a SG in my opinion. Hopefully Robinson and Jackson will fix that.
    4- Speaking of Robinson and Jackson, they both went to the practice gym immediately after the game and started working out and shooting. So did Ludgy. They all looked pretty healthy to me.
    5- I asked one of the assistants when Jackson was coming back. He wanted to answer me but didn’t and said “you will find out soon.”
    6- I saw Coach Roc and Coach Wright-Easy after the game at separate times. I spoke to both and both acknowledged me but it was very obvious they were pissed and very frustrated. I was glad to see this.
    7- Mostof the players looked embarrassed after the game.
    8- Practice facility is nice. Hall of fame area is nice. But we need some more hardware. Trophy cases are not too impressive in regards to quantity. Hope we can add some more.

I had a really good time tonight as I always do. Wife and kids did as well. But I’ll admit, I hate the fact that my son has just accepted that it’s normal for ECU to lose. These past 5 years as a Pirate have been tough. I wonder if we will ever climb out of the hole we are in. Football and basketball. I really hope so.

This post was edited by zachecu 23 days ago

• zachecu said... (original post) Some things from the game today:1- I sat in some floor seats. First time doing that and it was awesome. Thanks to my buddy who hooked me up with th...

I remember the campaign for the practice facility . That was sold to us a MAJOR factor in propelling us to legitimacy. Sometimes we should treat those promises like media news reports, listen, laugh, and forget it because it’s probably BS

This post was edited by JollyRoger 23 days ago

Join
  • You play defense and you pick up fouls. Nobody wants to sit in AAU, I assume. So they just don’t pick up fouls.

It’s hard to play any defense without picking up fouls unless you’re guarding Jayden under the basket some games.

• You don’t go to AAU to scout defense. It’s like going to a HS football combine to scout sacking ability. You go to the HS games for defense.