When Auburn beats Bama next week...

When Auburn beats Bama next week...

Arrow-5
  • What will be the general consensus around here? Will it be:

A) 5 stars don’t matter as much as we thought

B) Dan is a much better coach than Saban

Because it has to be one or the other. We will have both played the Burners with backup QBs so either a team loaded with 5 stars doesn’t matter, or Dan is a far better coach for having his 2 star quarterback and less talented team more prepared to play?

Thoughts?

• Discussion
  • How many championships has Bama won with those 5-stars in the last 10 years?

• Even the Dolphins have managed to win a couple games. Your logic is spurious, friend.

• I don't really think Auburn is going to win. Saban finds a way.

• GatorFan20 said... (original post) How many championships has Bama won with those 5-stars in the last 10 years?

So Dan is the better coach then? I’m not sure I follow

• I also think that bama wins against Auburn. Too many great players on offense at WR. Their qb will do just enough to win. Auburns offense is putrid.

• 5 starts matter. Saban is a better coach than Mullen...at present. UF backp QB is better than Bama backup QB.

• Bo Nix will throw.........

the game.

Again.

• Good thing you aren't evaluating games for a living. For one, we didn't play Auburn at Auburn. Secondly, Auburn is getting Bama without Tua. How do these facts escape your analysis?

• PcolaGator850 said... (original post) What will be the general consensus around here? Will it be:A) 5 stars don’t matter as much as we thought B) Dan is a much better coach than S...

First, Dan IS a much better coach than Saban. We will dominate once Dan has all his men. Notice, Kirby almost lost to Dan when Dan had HALF his men, which means Kirby is HALF as good of a coach as Dan.

Next year Dan will wipe his #%^ with Kirby.

Which leads me to the ratings..,UGA SUCKS is the only ratings system worth reviewing. 247 and TOS are all horribly biased against the gators. We have—by UGA SUCKS calculations—6 5-stars currently on the team.

• How about losing a 5* QB and Heisman finalist with a few games to go in a season pretty much costs you a game or two at least, even if the backup is anothe r5* QB?

• When Auburn beats Alabama next week...then we are almost assured an Orange Bowl birth.

• Champ0627 said... (original post) Good thing you aren't evaluating games for a living. For one, we didn't play Auburn at Auburn. Secondly, Auburn is getting Bama without ...

Not to mention we got Auburn at a really tough time for them, they played 5 straight games including Oregon and TAMU heading into the Swamp

• Champ0627 said... (original post) Good thing you aren't evaluating games for a living. For one, we didn't play Auburn at Auburn. Secondly, Auburn is getting Bama without ...

Same way you got lost on my mention of Bama playing with a backup QB, ya know, the guy not named Tua

• allsport21 said... (original post) When Auburn beats Alabama next week...then we are almost assured an Orange Bowl birth.

That is the direction I thought this was going to go, then I remembered it was SPW

• Illini_Gator said... (original post) First, Dan IS a much better coach than Saban. We will dominate once Dan has all his men. Notice, Kirby almost lost to Dan when Dan had HALF hi...

Illini_Gator gets it

• GatorDude88 said... (original post) How about losing a 5* QB and Heisman finalist with a few games to go in a season pretty much costs you a game or two at least, even if the back...

So Dan is a better coach. If Dan can have a 2 star prepared why can’t Saban have his highly rated one?

• Not sure I know where the OP is going with this but all jokes aside I think Auburns DL is going to obliterate Matt Jones. Would not be surprised if they lost.

• GatorFan20 said... (original post) How many championships has Bama won with those 5-stars in the last 10 years?

Those championships don’t count when you think about it...

• Go check the star rankings for Auburn’s defense. If they win, it will be that side of the ball that gets them the W.

This post was edited by Gator_Raid 1 year ago

• brolo8050 said... (original post) Not sure I know where the OP is going with this but all jokes aside I think Auburns DL is going to obliterate Matt Jones. Would not be surprised ...

If our Oline was able to hold up I’m pretty sure Bamas OL will be ok

• Solid Wednesday post.

• I'm not all-in on the stars are the most crucial aspects of a team (evaluations, politics/lobbying, etc, skew rankings), and i am very high on Mullen's coaching ability, but the narrative would be neither of those. Football 101 is you cant use the associative property with common opponents.

• TheSwamp15 said... (original post) If our Oline was able to hold up I’m pretty sure Bamas OL will be ok

Idk if I'd say our O Line held up. Stone Forsythe almost got Trask killed. Not to mention if wasn't for brown tripping over his own feet on a sack, fumble he'd still be running. Safe to say we won in spite of our O line.

I think UGA has the best OL in the country and they still gave Fromm issues and he's a veteran QB. Imagine how Matt Jones who couldn't even put up a TD against Miss St is going to do.

• PcolaGator850 said... (original post) What will be the general consensus around here? Will it be:A) 5 stars don’t matter as much as we thought B) Dan is a much better coach than S...

Have you watched Bo Nix throw a football this year? Auburn is not going to win.

• What about door 3 when Bama wins by 20+?