2021 Top Central Valley basketball players

2021 Top Central Valley basketball players

• Most have heard of Cole Anderson, but some players you might not of heard of are Lendl Henderson out of Bakersfield, and AJ George out of Fresno Hoover High School.

Most of these top 3 have Mid Major offers AJ George recently received an offer from Long Beach State. AJ George and Lendl Henderson both have a lot of upside.

https://www.cencalelitebasketball.com/news_article/show/1098050#.XnrhUViGFGU.twitter
  • Discussion
  • Well one down. I wouldn't mind them going after the player from Hoover AJ George.

This recruiting period is going to be interesting since there is no AAU evaluation period.

Basically, there are no AAU games being played, and that is where players earn their star rankings and scholarship offers.

• I had heard Cole might commit to USB. His sister is transferring there next year also. Can’t blame him it’s a beautiful campus.

• Big West Conference is probably best fit for Anderson. He will be able to score a lot of points at UCSB.

This post was edited by reddogpit63 8 months ago

• Good for him, sounds like a good fit. He’s a good shooter but not the type of player that Hut really recruits for his system.

• house32 said... (original post)Well one down. I wouldn't mind them going after the player from Hoover AJ George.This recruiting period is going to be interesting since there ...

I know there has been contact with him.

He is very young looking. I am not certain he is through growing and any additional height would be a bonus. He probably could use some weight room work.

He has a very long body, so I think he would be what CHUT is looking for in a player.

This post was edited by IbarHarry 8 months ago

• Athleticism isn't his strength ( tac ) or ability to take you off the dribble & create his on shot but give him an open look off a screen & he'll get you a bucket a high percentage of the time.

• Saw a tweet that said that Fresno State is pursuing Jaden Geron of San Joaquin Memorial he's number 5 listed player on the list.

Geron already has two offers from Rice and UCSD.

Also Jaden Phillips of Modesto Christian High School originally from Bakersfield is expected to make a visit once campuses open up.

Here's a little highlight of Geron.

https://mobile.twitter.com/simplyy_bball/status/1183859877720088578

• Here's a Highlight of Jaden Phillips.

He has two offers from Fresno State and UTEP.

He is probably under the radar, but you have to be able to find those diamonds in the rough.

He's expected to make a visit to Fresno State once campuses open up.

https://youtu.be/sTZg2vhkLdU

This post was edited by house32 7 months ago

• Modesto Christian has tradition of producing solid basketball athletes.

• I've seen Geron play a number of times. He looked like a solid D-2 player his freshman/soph years...but has improved dramatically since. Still not sure yet how much improvement he still needs to be a legit star at the D-1 level...He certainly can shoot, if a team needs a spot-up threat from outside.

• Never on the board from what coach said.
  • Saw a 4* kid from SJM pick up a Illinois offer today

• Great academic school. Their MBB program hasn’t been that good.

• This is the type of diamond in the rough Fresno State should go after.

Don't make hindsight 20/20.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pdouble_33/status/1288638215541239810

• He looks good on that clip but only averaged 13 pts a game and less than 20% of the few 3’s he attempts. He’ll have to get much better to be a D-1 guard.

• Aka1Insider said... (original post)He looks good on that clip but only averaged 13 pts a game and less than 20% of the few 3’s he attempts. He’ll have to get much better to be a D...

I think those were his sophomore stats. He's developing.

He's going to be a Senior as a staff they have to be able to project where a player could potentially be down the road.

He does have an offer from Long Beach State. They're willing to roll the dice.

There might not even be a high school season and the AAU circuit has been cut short. I don't know who they are going to roll the dice on.

This post was edited by house32 5 months ago

• How many scholarships are open for. 2021?