Basketball student athletics?

Basketball student athletics?

• I know all the talk is about Football but we need the basketball players and other athletes to be able to practice also. IMO if KB and his staff can make FS football competitive in 3 weeks or so there will be no doubt that they have a great staff. That said I believe most college basketball teams have been practicing all over the country for quite some time. We need to at least give some of our teams chance to be competitive.

• Discussion
  • Basketball practice can't officially start until Oct 14.

The plan they are developing they hope to get it approved by the end of the month that would be right on schedule.

Most of the players unless they don't care about getting better will put in time for development.

A lot players are associated with development coaches or they know of someone that will help them develop.

With basketball go old school all you need is a basketball and a hoop for development.

Right now the team only has 10 readily available players. Three of them will be redshirting.

It's a lot easier to quarentein 10 baskerball players than 80 to 100 football players.

I hope all goes well with that plan and they should be ready to go.

Hut season 3 don't get scared now.

• house32 said... (original post)Basketball practice can't officially start until Oct 14.The plan they are developing they hope to get it approved by the end of the month that ...

House some of your comments get old. The Hut season 3 don’t get scared now really? You are so focused on Hut being bad that you miss the point of my post.

You know for a fact that most teams are practicing with players. That does not mean full team practice but working out with coaches and groups of 4 players etc. You are so concerned with Hut that you ignore the fact that it is an advantage.

My post has nothing to do with Hut and season 3. It has to do with not putting additional teams at a disadvantage. I posted it in basketball because that’s what I enjoy the most. Volleyball is in the same situation.

We disagree regarding Hut and only time will tell. You may be right and I may eat crow but for now I am really over the debate. Not every post needs to about whether Hut sucks or not.

• Americanbulldog said... (original post)House some of your comments get old. The Hut season 3 don’t get scared now really? You are so focused on Hut being bad that you miss the poi...

How do you know I wasn't talking about Hut's team putting fear into the rest of the league?

I thought my statement was ambiguous.

Anyways, they better get scheduling done this time.
  • Americanbulldog said... (original post)House some of your comments get old. The Hut season 3 don’t get scared now really? You are so focused on Hut being bad that you miss the poi...

It is every sports program on the campus American and I agree with what you are saying. FS has been like a black hole in that regard.

• Dog basketball both women’s and men’s have not had any contact with coaches for any kind of formal strength conditioning, practice sessions or skills training. Coach Hut like most basketball coaches in MWC have a lot to worry about in building competitive programs in a short time. For Programs like Dogs coming off bad losing seasons and loss of key players the pressure on head coaches is compounded.

This post was edited by reddogpit63 3 months ago

• ESPN is going to bubble 8 non-conference events (tournaments) in Orlando, Florida at Disney World. Eigth tournaments will run for 2 weeks in the bubble...........with the possibility of cross over games between teams in different events events. West Coast schools schedule to be in the Florida bubble are Arizona, UCLA, Gonzaga, Boise State, Utah State, Arizona State, Hawaii, San Diego State, St Mary's and Seattle University. Gonzaga will play in both the Orlando Invitational and the Jimmy "V" Classic...plus a possible single game against Baylor. There are lots of other top 25 schoold in the bubble (Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and Michigan). There might also be a west coast bubble in Vegas.

This post was edited by Angularvelocity 3 months ago