CHUT'S dream Green team could have been a top 10 team

CHUT'S dream Green team could have been a top 10 team

• If Jalen had committed I believe Hart would have stayed. One can only think what could have been with Green, Hart, Robinson and Meah as the core. There are no questions that they would have been one of the best teams in the country. I think Hart followed the lead of Green thinking he was NBA bound.

FS fans were close to having their dreams come true. I guess we can only dream on for that rare opportunity. FS would have been a Gonzaga like team.

• Discussion
  • I agree, we would have ranked to start the season.

• A lot of dreaming going on.

• I could not disagree more. We would be so far away from being "one of the best teams in the country" with Green and Hart. I don't think we would have been ranked either. We would have had to prove ourselves before that happened.

• Everyone in basketball knows who Jalen Green is, we would have been the mid-major sports writer darlings between him and Orlando.

• And we would likely be undefeated right now, but enough dreaming.

• The way OR is playing this season I think we should see as many games this year before his gone.

• Niven was great for a few games, but did not have the sample size to prove he could do it on a regular basis, but I can already tell he will be like Bitter and Bulldog fans will be exaggerating his contribution to the team years from now. I was at the SJSU Event Center the night he went off and it was awesome to watch but a lot of guys can go off for a game or two.

• There's no comparison between Niven and Bittner as far as stories or impact goes, Sam played four years for us, and got better each season.

• jimmed said... (original post)There's no comparison between Niven and Bittner as far as stories or impact goes, Sam played four years for us, and got better each season.

I love players like Sam!

• The numbers dont lie people do. Bittner was efficient any time he decided to score 44% career field goal percentage and 41% three point percentage and he rarely turned the ball over.

He still playing professionally which speaks volumes. Not every player gets to play over seas. Teams overseas only allow a limited amount of foreigners on their rosters.

• FSBulldogfan1221 said... (original post)Niven was great for a few games, but did not have the sample size to prove he could do it on a regular basis, but I can already tell he wil...

Niven could do things that most could not athletically. He just needed to stay with good coaching and learn. He was a very, very good shooter and was capable of creating his own shooting opportunities. The offense CHUT is running really requires some one with that ability. I do not see that so far with respect to the current squad, particularly on the outside.

Again, I believe if Green would have committed that Hart would have stayed to be a part of something he knew would be special. It is just the way he acted that suggests that to me after all Green was perhaps the best commit to be had last year. Guys like Hart live and dream to play with another athlete like that. Hart would have been free to be a shooter with Green being the point.

• Green was always a very long shot. But I am more focused that this may be OR last season as a Dog.

• reddogpit63 said... (original post)Green was always a very long shot. But I am more focused that this may be OR last season as a Dog.

The only thing I can say to that is that is a further reason to play Meah a whole lot, because FS would be rebuilding once again. If you want to keep O based on your thoughts, then he needs to have reasons to stay such as they might make the playoffs and who knows what could then happen?

• Meah will be playing plenty, I wouldn't worry about that.

• Orlando isn't staying regardless of how this season goes in my opinion. Not enough supporting pieces to make a big run and even if he does not get drafted, he would make a summer league team for sure.