Fresno State at Nevada: Game 2 Thread (1pm start)

Fresno State at Nevada: Game 2 Thread (1pm start)

• 45 minutes from tip-off!

• Discussion
  • Should be a carbon copy of Friday.

• How Dogs respond in this game may define rest of season for team.

• Holland is out with concussion protocol, will miss at least the first Boise State game too

• This game has the same feeling as Game 1 vs the pack

• Hut needs to quit recruiting these damn playground boys and frickin go out and get a couple guys that can actually shoot a ******* basketball, this is sad and pathetic to watch!!!

• Can we please recruit someone that can shoot

• I am speechless watching this team on offense. This is infuriating

• stream options...having trouble...guess Bulldogs.com wants to charge...ridiculous!

• fightdogs said... (original post)stream options...having trouble...guess Bulldogs.com wants to charge...ridiculous!

CBS sports

• Didn't miss much looks like

• fightdogs said... (original post)Didn't miss much looks like

Nope, unless you like watching missed free throws and poor shooting overall
  • What a frustrating team to watch.

• DogFan21 said... (original post)Nope, unless you like watching missed free throws and poor shooting overall

You forgot sloppy passes

• scrubs13 said... (original post)You forgot sloppy passes

So true, I guess I was so speechless at the horrid shooting that I forgot about all the ugly passes
  • DogFan21 said... (original post)Nope, unless you like watching missed free throws and poor shooting overall

They've got poor defense, dumb fouls and turnovers going for them, too.

Glad I'm not paying to watch this in person.

Only positive today was Ballard breaking out of his shooting slump.

• 23 of 37 or 62% for FT shooting. Can't win a game with that stat line.

• BulldogRed said... (original post)23 of 37 or 62% for FT shooting. Can't win a game with that stat line.

Yes, and they would have had more if they could have hit some 1 on 1's. As bad as this game was it really was lost in a lot of ways at the FT line. At one point they were within 9 and needed to make 2 FT's. Robinson could not find the basket.

They did play Meah some and Robinson moved to the outside. That was they need to do to get to Robinson's capabilities and allow him to use them. His passing the ball to some one else with his back to the basket is pointless. I do not care what Meah is doing defensively. Coach has to play him so he will improve. The same is true of Whittaker. They have to play to get going as a shooter. Ballard got going and he looked pretty good, but his teammates quit going to him.

• There are shot takers and shot makers, and Fresno State has a bunch of shot takers.

Fresno State is not even bringing out the best in Nevada. Nevada beat them on cruise control. These top tier teams don't get hyped up for Fresno State.

The next series could get real scary. Everybody brace yourself.

This post was edited by house32 1 month ago

• Some fans don’t have much expectations of this team so all we have to look for is the unexpected win otherwise it’s another maybe next year.

• reddogpit63 said... (original post)Some fans don’t have much expectations of this team so all we have to look for is the unexpected win otherwise it’s another maybe next year.

San Jose State is not an unexpected win.

If you break it down to a science and pay attention to details you know which teams they can beat and which ones they can't.
  • house32 said... (original post)San Jose State is not an unexpected win. If you break it down to a science and pay attention to details you know which teams they can beat and which ...

The only possible wins left on the schedule are AF, UNM and UNLV.

Of those I don’t see us sweeping any of those three. No way we can beat Boise, SDSU or USU. So we’re looking at 1 to 3 wins for the remainder of regular season.

• chaindog said... (original post)The only possible wins left on the schedule are AF, UNM and UNLV. Of those I don’t see us sweeping any of those three. No way we can beat Boise, SD...

The Science would agree with you.
  • After reviewing the game stats it is surprising the Dogs were better in most categories except: they missed 14 free throws, the margin of the loss, and: 18 turnovers and 8 assists vs. 12 turnovers and 16 assists for Nevada, was really the deciding factor. Bulldogs are the worst passing team I have ever seen.

This post was edited by scrubs13 1 month ago

• scrubs13 said... (original post)After reviewing the game stats it is surprising the Dogs were better in most categories except: they missed 14 free throws, the margin of the loss, ...

The misses included some 1 and 1's which could have yielded even more opportunities at the FT line. FT shooting has been a factor all season.