Fresno State vs SJSU: Game 2 Thread

Fresno State vs SJSU: Game 2 Thread

• Bulldogs are at full strength. 5-10 minutes until tip-off.

• Discussion
  • Same starting lineup as Game 1: Hill/Harding/Holland/Gray/Robinson

• Bulldogs yet to score: 4-0 SJSU lead with 15:55 in the first half.

• Coach Hut swaps in Stroud, Campbell and Meah in for Harding, Holland and Gray at the timeout. Gray sank two free throws before coming out.

4-2 SJSU.

• Stroud with an and-one, ties it up 6-6.

Gage comes in for Hill. Robinson is the only starter on the floor. 13:04 in the first half.

• Meah picks up two quick fouls, Bulldogs will go back to Gray.

• Jordan Campbell with a physical drive through the lane and finishes - he's got 4.

Bulldogs up 14-8 with 10:25 in the half.

• Please try Whittiker as no one can shoot on this team. Meah changed the momentum even though he got two quick fouls. I thought 1 was very tacky.

• Ballard gets a big 3 to fall, that puts Fresno State up 25-16 with 5:27 to go.

• Strouds on Fire

• A Spartan (Simmons) goes down with injury. SJSU would be down to nine active players and an eight-man rotation if he can't return.

36-20 Bulldogs lead with 3:05 in the half.

• Halftime: Fresno State 41, SJSU 25. Robinson has only 2 points. Stroud leading with 14, Campbell with 10.

• The FS bench has scored 30 points while the starters have only scored 11 points. The team can not shoot FT's or it would be a blow out. Again, the fact the team does not shoot FT's well is not a good sign. It certainly points to a lot of guys who are not good shooters.

• Great advantage when other guys are scoring because Robinson is getting doubled. Great progress by the team. They just need to hit free throws.

• Campbell having another good start to this game. Again I love his energy and tenacity on defense which is leading to fast break points. Stroud hitting them 3’s are going to open up Orlando on the inside.

• Hut starts Campbell at the 3 instead of Holland. Stroud will also come in for Harding after just a minute.

I don't think I've seen the team in rhythm once this season when using the 3/4/5 lineup of Holland/Gray/Robinson. Hope we continue to see Holland remain as a stretch-four with this year's team.

Bulldogs lead 44-30 with 18 minutes to go.

• Big O for trey, Dogs up 20!

• Two more 3's in a row. Dogs shooting nice right now!

• Campbell already with a career high. Stroud soon to follow in their young Bulldog careers. Orlando looked smooth on that trail 3 pointer. Nice!

• Holland is not performing so less PT. Hopefully siting will get him straightened out.

• Robinson had only 2 points at halftime. Now he's already up to 11.

Bulldogs up 59-38 with 12:10 to go.

• Boom!

• Right now I love this lineup. Hill, Robinson, Meah, Stroud, Campbell

• Bulldogs up 77-49 with 4:27 to go. Assane Diouf will enter the game.

• JacksonMoore said... (original post)Bulldogs up 77-49 with 4:27 to go. Assane Diouf will enter the game.

Colimerio and Whitaker also both in the game.

• Here comes Alec Hickman. The Bulldog bench roars as Hut calls him in.