Fresno State vs Wyoming: Game 1 Thread

Fresno State vs Wyoming: Game 1 Thread

• More a return to form, he's got a track record over a few years now in D-1 hoops of getting it done.

• jimmed said... (original post)More a return to form, he's got a track record over a few years now in D-1 hoops of getting it done.

Got it, so 2019-2020 season Ballard was 35% from 3. 2018-2019 was 27%.

Thompson 2019-2020 was 33% and 2018-2019 was 38%.

So maybe it was more than luck.....
  • Why are you trying to promote this guy over our own? The root of what I've been saying is that this guy Mitchell had a rare night, and 7-8 from trey would be a rare night for Stephen Curry. Don't make too much of it, and I'm not saying Ballard is a premiere 3-point shooter, that's not why we brought him in, he's a scorer, and serviceable from 3.

• Ballard’s in an untimely shooting slump and the team knows that he’s needed and will come through for them this season.

• Aka1Insider said... (original post)Ballard’s in an untimely shooting slump and the team knows that he’s needed and will come through for them this season.

At this point it is hard to agree with that assessment. The reason is he has been impacted by injuries. I think those injuries are effecting his shooting.

If he heals up - hard to do when needed every night - you may be right. What bothers me is this team can not shoot FT's. That is not a good sign. Most good shooters can shoot FT's. FS missed some critical FT's down the stretch.

• IbarHarry said... (original post)At this point it is hard to agree with that assessment. The reason is he has been impacted by injuries. I think those injuries are effecting his s...

Really surprised how poorly Robinson is shooting at the line. He wasn't great a year ago (70%). Only shooting 60% this year and missing a lot of them badly.

Hope he gets that straightened out.

• Still a small sample right now.

• It's a perimeter game. Get a clue.

Fresno State outscored Wyoming 38 to 18 in the paint and still loss.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FresnoStateMBB/status/1345574738144407552

This post was edited by house32 2 months ago

• 7-8 from trey, enough said. Even if he has what otherwise would be a good game at 4-8 from trey, or a great game at 5-8 from trey, we likely win. Sometimes you lose a game you should have won, or vice-versa, because somebody gets red hot, and in hoops everyone knows that you should feed the hot man, which we did not do in the waning minutes by getting the ball to Stroud.

We also need to stop turning the ball over too much and make more free throws. Just the free throws amounts to the difference in the game, they made 22-26 (85%) while we made 15-22 (68%). And we basically lost by one score when we missed a couple chances to tie in the final 10 seconds.

Now, how the hell Wyoming got 4 more free throws than us when we were the ones scoring more inside the line is yet another story. Once their coach got a T complaining to the refs, there was an avalanche of tight fouls called on us the rest of the way, on our own home court.

• Also, outside of Mitchell's 7-8, the rest of Wyoming shot 5-18 from behind the arc (28%), so sometimes individual performances make the difference (as can also be seen with us shooting 5-13 from trey before Ballard missed his first 3 attempts of the game in the last minute).

This post was edited by jimmed 2 months ago

• jakedeez244 said... (original post)Ok.... spread will be something like Wyo -6. Dogs will win maybe 2 games in conference play, and that’s a stretch.

Opened at Fresno -2, and closed out Fresno -3.5

• B3Wis3 said... (original post)Harding is a point guard, Holland was playing the 5. Hut plays Harding (when he plays him) out of his position. Hill, and Gage are his goto’s at the ...

https://twitter.com/fresnostatembb/status/1347727610428624898?s=21 In my opinion, Harding should be The #2 PG, Gage and Ballard at SG, Stroud and Campbell at SF, Holland and Gray at PF, and Robinson and Meah at the 5.