New Mountain West basketball schedules announced for Bulldogs

New Mountain West basketball schedules announced for Bulldogs

• Discussion
  • The revised conference basketball schedules are now out for both the men's and women's programs. I like this set-up and will be interested in how players and coaching staffs react to this new format. Go Bulldogs has the printed schedules.

• Hope they're allowing fans, if so I'll go to all the away games.

• Teams that are best conditioned, experienced with deep bench should have advantage

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • What about non conference games. Any scheduled?

• Wballdog said... (original post)What about non conference games. Any scheduled?

The men have three announced for November (William Jessup, @UOP, UCR) and should be confirming four more to be played in December. Haven't heard anything confirmed on the women's schedule yet. Lamar University is reporting that Fresno State WBB will meet in Las Vegas for a neutral court game.

This post was edited by JacksonMoore 1 month ago

• JacksonMoore said... (original post)The men have three announced for November and should be confirming four more to be played in December. Haven't heard anything confirmed on ...

Edit: The Lamar game will be played in Vegas.

• Cool, I'll be there for the Lady Dogs!

• Will the Bulldogs have a camera crew for other home games so we can stream online or will it likely be radio only for many of the games?

• One would think that under the COVID circumstances that they would broadcast a lot more games then they would normally. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. So between MW coverage and TV 53 you would assume there should be lots a games and opportunities to watch them play. We shall see.

This post was edited by Jqhdog1 1 month ago

• We have had nearly every single non-conference and every conference game either on the MW network or on CBSSN/ESPNU/ESPN 3 the last few years, but considering the cost of the MWN stuff is all on us and we are not bringing any revenue in from that, I wonder if we pay and hire TV crew. It might be worth it if only to keep fans connected for the long term. Also curious how many games will be on FS1 and FS2 since we traded ESPN for FOX this season.

• The back-to-back block of four games @ Nevada and @ Boise is a killer. I know that Nevada is expected to be down a little this year, but Reno is a tough place to play. I would consider it a minor miracle if we can take half of those four games. 1-3 is probable, and 0-4 might be more likely than a split.

This post was edited by OldFigBBJ2 1 month ago

• I'll go with 3-1.

• I would expect some sort of TV coverage on just about every game... and yes, every game will be on the radio. The * on those places that have historically been "tough to play" is will that change if no fans are allowed... Expect the unexpected!

• I don't think Nevada will be down this year they have a lot of transfers that are eligible this season.

Nevada is going to have two guard transfers that are available one from Brown and the other from Wichita State.

Both were real productive at their previous stops. Nevada's backcourt is going to be solid.

A lot of teams in the Mountain West are going to have solid backcourts.

Fresno State's backcourt should be better too I'm going say Hill and Gage in the backcourt.

I'm not sure if there will be any home court advantages since there is no fan's in the stands.

To me the referees often create a home court advantage for the home team. The foul totals are always uneven. Let see if that stops.

This post was edited by house32 1 month ago

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Alford wasn't that good at UCLA.

At the mid major level he's been pretty good.

Last year Nevada finished 3rd with a depleted roster.

Join